Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    can someone make a real suggestion to blizzard to turn dispersion into nature energy instead of shadow plz
    i agree :P everything else is fine

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    can someone make a real suggestion to blizzard to turn dispersion into nature energy instead of shadow plz
    I agree, they managed to make consecration nature damage. I think they should *attempt* to customize any traded spell to fit the spell type of the class that is receiving it. In some cases this won't fit well, of course. (Nature based ice block? Mage gets a frost based Healing Touch? Not so good.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    I agree, they managed to make consecration nature damage. I think they should *attempt* to customize any traded spell to fit the spell type of the class that is receiving it. In some cases this won't fit well, of course. (Nature based ice block? Mage gets a frost based Healing Touch? Not so good.)
    The way Blizz will likely have to do these for every ability is to keep the base animations/spells and just change the color. For the mage/druid Symbiosis you mentioned, perhaps go the route of amber (tree sap?) for the Ice Block mechanic and the Healing Touch being akin to fire spells (already have Cauterize healing anyways).

I'm fairly certain once the list becomes more finalized, Blizz will then begin to make a big effort to adjust the abilities to "match" the class better.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I dont think they will change each spell since you are linked with that person, basically being in tune with them to use their ability. It isnt a variation you just mimic its literally their ability. So Im fine with having them be exactly the same look and magic as the other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont think they will change each spell since you are linked with that person, basically being in tune with them to use their ability. It isnt a variation you just mimic its literally their ability. So Im fine with having them be exactly the same look and magic as the other class.
    Besides that's a lot less work than doing new artwork for all the symbiotic ability combinations. If blizz likes to do one thing, its reuse existing material/art to save time and money when they can, and I don't always blame them for it. It looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into the artwork for the new content. I think i'd rather have that than, Fiery Touch for mages or Amber Block. (although yes it'd be cool, im just pessimistic about it happening - i mean look at moonkin form - its been needing an update in forever)

Deleted
    Nice work.. couple of small mistakes i noticed: retribution currently doesnt gain anything. And you didnt show the model of the DK mushrooms (they look quite different from normal druid ones).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Nice work.. couple of small mistakes i noticed: retribution currently doesnt gain anything. And you didnt show the model of the DK mushrooms (they look quite different from normal druid ones).
    The resto's I've talked to say they don't get cleanse. Is taht 100% confirmed?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its a silly complaint, but it kinda irks me that every class except Shaman has unique spells for each Spec

Elemental and Enhancement get the same spell....

EDIT: Let me be more specific. Every other HYBRID class has a different spell to match the different rolls their class can fill.
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-04-18 at 11:12 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Maybe its a silly complaint, but it kinda irks me that every class except Shaman has unique spells for each Spec

Elemental and Enhancement get the same spell....

EDIT: Let me be more specific. Every other HYBRID class has a different spell to match the different rolls their class can fill.
    Maybe because shamans are the only "DPS hybrid" class that isn't a druid? Only shamans and druids have both a melee DPS and ranged DPS spec.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    It's determined by the role - dps, tank or healer. Enh and Elem both are dps so the same role, and thus get the same spell. Same goes for priest for example.. holy and disc get the same spell, even tho they work totally different.

The word role can be differently defined so that's why I avoided answering his question in such a way.

I would personally consider Ranged DD and Melee DD two different roles, and you could break it down much more: DoT Melee, Direct Damage Melee, Direct Damage Ranged, DoT Ranged, Physical Ranged (Hunters).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    The word role can be differently defined so that's why I avoided answering his question in such a way.

I would personally consider Ranged DD and Melee DD two different roles, and you could break it down much more: DoT Melee, Direct Damage Melee, Direct Damage Ranged, DoT Ranged, Physical Ranged (Hunters).
    You can consider "role" to be whatever you want. The game however considers only 3: Tank, Heals, DPS - you can clearly see this when you right click and choose the "set role" option: you get those 3 choices and that's it. Symbiosis clearly behaves the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post

Ranged DPS and Melee DPS are 2 DIFFERENT roles, hence my Edit
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Not for the purposes of Symbiosis and Utility. CC is CC and Interrupts are Interrupts whatever your role

Deleted
    If you queue for raidfinder/dungeonfinder, you dont queue as ranged dps or melee dps.. you queue as dps. Thats how symbiosis works as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well be all that as it may, I still think it stinks

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    That's just it, they already DID change a spell or two. Paladin consecrate is most definitely Holy. The Druid version at the moment is clearly Nature damage.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Besides that's a lot less work than doing new artwork for all the symbiotic ability combinations. If blizz likes to do one thing, its reuse existing material/art to save time and money when they can, and I don't always blame them for it. It looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into the artwork for the new content. I think i'd rather have that than, Fiery Touch for mages or Amber Block. (although yes it'd be cool, im just pessimistic about it happening - i mean look at moonkin form - its been needing an update in forever)
    See above statement. They've already changed one ability on its port from another class.

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont expect blizzard to redo all the abilitys for druids, i dont expect green ice blocks or a shell of roots around the druid \o/

but i would like it if they make more small adjustments like like a green consecration (but that will ofcourse be tricky as its hard to see the defference between death & decay) & pvp hostile / frendly animations

id also like dispersion to look green and say nature energy in its tooltip, other then that there isnt much that can be altered
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

dispersion green = dispersion + disgusting green oozling DD
    iceblock green = icebock + disgustling gren oozling maybe ??? D

haha all worth a try.. if anybdy got resto/feral spec for symbiosis
    sadly im 87 guardian/moonkin, so no luck testing that out