Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iPluto View Post
    I was liking Symbiosis until i read it was a 6sec cast. That pretty much renders it useless for me. Some are really handy in raid situations like the ones that increase longevity. I don't see myself standing still and casting for 6 seconds in pvp/arena/bg without getting an interrupt and even if i did get it off i don't think it would help me in anyway that i couldn't of helped myself in that six seconds.

In terms of questing its useless since it requires someone else to be present - maybe if you had a friend but i doubt everyone has a friend for everytime they quest. Now i think about it i would prefer a 87 spell i could make use in every situation. Honestly i don't see this going live.

This would be better if it was more fun spells we received like levitate from mages, shadowstep from rogues etc but with a short cast.

Im sure this is not all set in stone but ill i hope it does change.
    So you wanted it to be far far more OP than it already is in PvP? You're supposed to put on a target before the match starts. Well, that and the fact that's not castable in combat or on a person that's in combat.

If it was on the GCD and you could switch targets of it mid combat then it would completely break the game.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a ret.....Symbiosis can kiss...my...ass.....I hope I can right click it off just to troll druids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    As a ret.....Symbiosis can kiss...my...ass.....I hope I can right click it off just to troll druids
    As a ret you can deal damage even if you are rooted far away from your target. That is how you use Wrath.
    And don't forget it is a druid spell!! I can't emphasize it enough. It is a DRUID spell! Every class gets their own new high level spell. If you get Symbiosis, think about it as an extra and don't rage. I wouldn't rage if I get anything from others. Be happy you even get something. It could work in a way where only the druid gets something.
    Last edited by mmoc8823406b83; 2012-07-27 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    As a ret you can deal damage even if you are rooted far away from your target. That is how you use Wrath.
    And don't forget it is a druid spell!! I can't emphasize it enough. It is a DRUID spell! Every class gets their own. If you get Symbiosis, thing about it as an extra and don't rage. I wouldn't rage if I get anything extra from others. Be happy you even get something. It could work in a way where only the druid gets something.
    you think I would waste my time sitting there casting wraith instead of cleansing off my root? pleaseeee. This whole spell is a joke and I bet will be nerfed at some point because of how op it is, the whole thing is cheese.

you think I would waste my time sitting there casting wraith instead of cleansing off my root? pleaseeee. This whole spell is a joke and I bet will be nerfed at some point because of how op it is, the whole thing is cheese.
    Not to nitpick, but that does not work in MoP. You have a separate skill for that now as ret. Wrath is not the best, I agree. I just don't understand the hate spewing from you. It affects you in no way outside of your feelings being hurt because you don't get mushrooms like a DK (lol). I am sure with that kind of attitude that you will be trolling LFR by yourself because no one will want to play with you.

Oh, and it's BETA. Things have and will change. Go cry at Blizzard about wrath and maybe they will change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Not to nitpick, but that does not work in MoP. You have a separate skill for that now as ret. Wrath is not the best, I agree. I just don't understand the hate spewing from you. It affects you in no way outside of your feelings being hurt because you don't get mushrooms like a DK (lol). I am sure with that kind of attitude that you will be trolling LFR by yourself because no one will want to play with you.

Oh, and it's BETA. Things have and will change. Go cry at Blizzard about wrath and maybe they will change it.
    Ah yes I forgot about the new skills. I only hate spew on this really, I dislike this ability as a whole and I already foresee how stupid this all will be in pvp and that makes me face palm...and yes I am upset I dont get mushrooms, your mushrooms at least are useful, and no i dont troll lfr

Deleted
    You are just rageing because you don't like your share. I bet if yours would be an instant kill button without cd you would swim in joy.

Why should it be nerfed? It only offers 1 spell at a time and it cannot be changed in combat. Spells granted by it are lower level spells from other classes and usually not even as strong as the original. Variety doesn't make it necessarily OP, since you only get one at a time. One of the granted spells could be op and nerfed to be inline with others but Symbiosis itself in the current form isn't OP at all.

And again. It is a druid spell that supposed to offer a pack of spells for the druid to choose one that fits the situation. Lower level spells from others. Also it does not remove the original spell. Its a copy. The other part is a little extra. If you rage about and extra spell (even if its useless) that is your problem. Don't use it if you don't need it. It isn't the druids fault that they can't use it without grainting you something too ˘˘

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    You are just rageing because you don't like your share. I bet if yours would be an instant kill button without cd you would swim in joy.

Why should it be nerfed? It only offers 1 spell at a time and it cannot be changed in combat. Spells granted by it are lower level spells from other classes and usually not even as strong as the original. Variety doesn't make it necessarily OP, since you only get one at a time. One of the granted spells could be op and nerfed to be inline with others but Symbiosis itself in the current form isn't OP at all.

And again. It is a druid spell that supposed to offer a pack of spells for the druid to choose one that fits the situation. Lower level spells from others. Also it does not remove the original spell. Its a copy. The other part is a little extra. If you rage about and extra spell (even if its useless) that is your problem. Don't use it if you don't need it. It isn't the druids fault that they can't use it without grainting you something too ˘˘
    I dont mind sharing in the slightest, its true I dislike being given a crap ability and chances are I wont use it, but when I see what ability's others and the druid gets I have to question what the hell they were thinking, a balance druid will get mirror image + tree ents, in essence he gains a small army..I find that stupid, give it to feral if anything, they whole thing feels broken.

Deleted
    I dont mind sharing in the slightest, its true I dislike being given a crap ability and chances are I wont use it, but when I see what ability's others and the druid gets I have to question what the hell they were thinking, a balance druid will get mirror image + tree ents, in essence he gains a small army..I find that stupid, give it to feral if anything, they whole thing feels broken.
    Treants (Force of Nature) is a druid spell. Ferals can take it too. Also Mirror Images deal about 100 damage for druids. It is nothing more than a spell on 3 min cd to distract enemies for seconds. But I have to say it again maybe you will get it this time. Its a fricken druid spell!!! We are supposed to get something useful from our new high level spell, aren't we? We get nerfed copies of low level spells from others! Whats so OP about them? Most of the spells we gain through Symbiosis are not the same as original. Have bigger cd, deal less damage or not that effective in other ways. For God's sake don't rage about your little extra! Players like you should have an infinite undispellable/unremovable debuff ingame that prevents them from benefiting buffs ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that you need evey spell at your disposal while leveling or soloing, but as I read it our level 87 spell is completely useless during those times.

What's the damage like from Feral Spirit? How much are those wolves hitting for?

I would imagine shattering blow will be the top DPS talent to grab for ferals in PvE and probably dispersion/divine shield for PvP defensive CDs.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Spirit Wolves hit for basically nothing. And as far as DPS choices, Soul Swap or Redirect could maybe be more personal DPS than Shattering Blow depending on how CP starved you are, but Shattering Blow will probably always be the most raid DPS.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    When you rage about the spell a druid gains - remember that it is our level 87 ability. Compare it to your (and other classes') 87 spell and you'll eat the words that claim it's OP. Now what may need balancing is the spells the other player receives. Although I think there won't be any need for major balancing, given that most of the strong abilities some classes get are on extensive cooldowns. (Dk shroom is on a 3 minute CD, warrior raid dash is on a 10 min CD, lock/mage healing spells on 10s CD, etc)
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post

Cant a ret just use excorsism spam? or self heal while rooted?

anyway. i do think wrath is good on fights like atreimedes, onyxia, nightmage. well any phase where the boss flys off basicly
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Exorcism has 15 sec cd and 30 yard range.
    Wrath has no cd and 40 yard range.

Don't ask about their damage. That attribute is top priority to change more or less before live.
    Rogues get Shuriken toss as tier 90 talent. Kind of a ranged combo point generating damage ability. If Blizzard thinks its a good option to give spammable ranged for a melle, why would Wrath be a bad for ret? I konw it has a cast time, but it isn't a top talent either just a bonus.

Deleted
    in pvp ferals are going to heavily rely on having a pala/priest for a suability could down seeing as we no longer have survival instincts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    in pvp ferals are going to heavily rely on having a pala/priest for a suability could down seeing as we no longer have survival instincts.
    well rogues are getting a pretty powerfull buff vs other melee classes
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    To the op, why did you start with what the other classes are getting? you had to start with what the druid is getting, its a druid ability. People looking at this the wrong way.
    To much QQ in here, you all getting your own lvl 87 spell! this one is ours, so we you should benefit from it, not you!
    You should be happy to get something for free, we dont benefit from your 87 ability!
    And for people who are asking for nerfs, fine, than lets your lvl 87 be nerfed too.
    People seem to forget that the ability we gaining are weaker and longer cd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    To the op, why did you start with what the other classes are getting? you had to start with what the druid is getting, its a druid ability. People looking at this the wrong way.
    To much QQ in here, you all getting your own lvl 87 spell! this one is ours, so we you should benefit from it, not you!
    You should be happy to get something for free, we dont benefit from your 87 ability!
    And for people who are asking for nerfs, fine, than lets your lvl 87 be nerfed too.
    People seem to forget that the ability we gaining are weaker and longer cd.
    no your looknig at it the wrong way, symbiosos is an ability for all that that the abilitys it gives are weaked versions of the original.

if it was meant to give druids soemthing great thnethose mirror images would have done dps in stead on 100 dmg\hit, if it was meant to give druid something great then it would have given bears a full 20% dmg reduction faint rather then the weak 10% it now gives
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    no your looknig at it the wrong way, symbiosos is an ability for all that that the abilitys it gives are weaked versions of the original.

if it was meant to give druids soemthing great thnethose mirror images would have done dps in stead on 100 dmg\hit, if it was meant to give druid something great then it would have given bears a full 20% dmg reduction faint rather then the weak 10% it now gives
    Symbiosis gives druids a guarenteed spot in all future raids thank to this in addition to all other awesome things druids have to offer

Great for both druids and other members of the group!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Symbiosis gives druids a guarenteed spot in all future raids thank to this in addition to all other awesome things druids have to offer

Great for both druids and other members of the group!
    More like Symbiosis gives druids a guaranteed LIMITEd spot. But the same is true for every class becasue they are needed to be on the other side of this spell. Too much druids would limit the use of Symbiosis. Other classes are equally important, they recieve the extra spell, you claim as the cause druids get raid spots.