Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[BREAKING] Blizzard "having trouble with servers... delays for invites"

Posted ~45 minutes ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/466..._2012#comments

News from Blood Legion: Their blizz friend said they having trouble with servers so delays for invites
    Blood Legion is a guild on Illidan.

Sounds legit.

A "friend" which could mean anyone from a random person they play with on the xbox to their 6 year old sister.
    Hardly breaking news when there is no source whatsoever.

Beta is beta.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

That's not really a credible source, Just cause someone says they know a GM, doesn't mean they do. Unless I see a blue post, im not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
    That's not really a credible source, Just cause someone says they know a GM, doesn't mean they do. Unless I see a blue post, im not buying it.
    why would a blue post bad news?

do you know anything about PR?

the CM's job is to "manage" the community. like cattle.

1 of 2 things are going to happen with this beta:

1) Blizzard will extend beta to get in every last Annual Pass moron so they won't be liable for a lawsuit for at least a month or two before release.

2) Blizzard will forget to invite 1 person and they will get sued by them once the beta closes up shop.

Quote Originally Posted by camelcrane View Post
    why would a blue post bad news?

do you know anything about PR?

the CM's job is to "manage" the community. like cattle.
    Ha! I could say right now that a GM told me that the Next beta invite is going out on Monday. Do I have a source to back it up? No.

Quote Originally Posted by peedei View Post
    1 of 2 things are going to happen with this beta:

1) Blizzard will extend beta to get in every last Annual Pass moron so they won't be liable for a lawsuit for at least a month or two before release.

2) Blizzard will forget to invite 1 person and they will get sued by them once the beta closes up shop.
    And what about the most likely outcome:
    "Blizzard will invite everyone once the servers are more stable, and the beta will not take longer than expected"

God, it is amazing that people that people have no concept of how unstable a beta is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    People who have no clue about who "Blood Legion" is, or how all the hub hub or who is who in World of Warcraft is, need to take a few steps back and stop calling out things as "unreliable source". Yes... World of Warcraft has some VIPs which know more about the game, get to know more about the game, have more direct contact with Blizzard employees and get early beta-access and press-event invites, compared to regular subscribers.

Stop thinking you know everything. The truth is, you know nothing. (Dixit some old Greek guy, Plato I think).
    All im saying is that in today's world you can't just go about spouting nonsense without the proper sources. No one will believe you and therefore you will look like a fool who is just trying to get some attention. Now Im not calling you a fool, im just saying is all. I wont and dont believe anything unless it's backed up in the risk that it could possibly get my hopes up.

Beta has been out for how long, now?

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Yeah.
    By my watch...uh 3 days? (four maybe?). Anyways...it's just a matter of time, possibly within the month, that people will get invited and by that time there could be as much as 50k or even 100k on the server. Heck there could even be more! I really have no idea how many people they plan to invite in batches.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
    Ha! I could say right now that a GM told me that the Next beta invite is going out on Monday. Do I have a source to back it up? No.
    Ugh. Now people are gonna misquote you and everyone will think more invites are coming out Monday.
    Last edited by Coil; 2012-03-24 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Yeah.
    2 days, not sure what you're trying to say.
    [i5-2500k @ 4.0 GHz][Noctua NH-D14][ASRock Z68 E3G3][GTX 560 Ti 448][16GB Corsair VENGEANCE LP]
    [Corsair 600T White Edition][Crucial M4 128GB SSD][1TB Western Digital HDD][SeaSonic X650 80+ Gold]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peedei View Post
    Strange assumption that players with the AP are morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    Ugh. Now people are gonna misquote you and everyone will think more invites are coming out Monday.
    Sweet Lord, what have I done x_X

Quote Originally Posted by implicationmmo View Post
    And what about the most likely outcome:
    "Blizzard will invite everyone once the servers are more stable, and the beta will not take longer than expected"

God, it is amazing that people that people have no concept of how unstable a beta is ...
    God, it is amazing that people that people
    God that people that people
    that people that people
    God
    Due to how unstable beta is, is exactly why they would have to take option 1, because servers vomit everywhere so they have to clean up and hold the queue... and holding that queue takes time y'know? God, it is amazing that people that people have no concept of how unstable a beta is ...

Deleted
    Ive been watching his stream and a lot of things he said have been misquoted (see: Symbiosis). I dont trust this untill I see an official source.

By the way Coil, love your avatar

Deleted
    BREAKING NEWS. Or not. I wonder if the OP works for fox news.