Thread: Myst & Cata

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Myst & Cata

I have been wondering this for awhile. Is it possible that myst was part of cata? If they were supposed to be one xpac. Remember the "cata having more raid content than ever!" quote? Was the myst content supposed to be that extra content we didn't get.

Idk, anyone else have this thought or feeling?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue how you think the entire world blowing up and a giant evil dragon is suppose too somehow relate to pandas of course not OP

They simply wanted Cata to end and the time right for them so there you go

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    I have no clue how you think the entire world blowing up and a giant evil dragon is suppose too somehow relate to pandas of course not OP

well, wasn't pandaria found because of the cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Myst? Is that the cool kids way saying Mist?

Anyway....I have no clue.

Nope, this is not true. I don't know how you came up with this but it seems pretty far-fetched anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    It doesn't matter what they want. They've only delivered half the content they explicitly promised would be included in Cata. There's no excuse or justification for asking for money for the next expansion while the current one is still half finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, but the overall feeling, lore and everything else has hardly anything to do with eachother.
    It easily fits in. The pandas emerge and help fight back deathwing...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    It doesn't matter what they want. They've only delivered half the content they explicitly promised would be included in Cata. There's no excuse or justification for asking for money for the next expansion while the current one is still half finished.
    Well promises tend to be broken, This is blizzard man. You expect things to come perfectly? Cmon now, Of course they failed the promise and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Both storylines are so far removed from each other that it's impossible they were meant to be the same expansion.

And show us where the contract is that states exactly what content was to be delivered. Take your time, I'll wait.

Claiming Abyssal Maw was new content they axed, when they outright said it was virtually all re-used models. It took place inside Nespirah, no new models/art really used, and felt very disjointed compared to a single full raid. So that is bull.

There was no PROMISE of a War of the Ancients raid. There was mention of it. They changed that idea, and pushed it along into the storyline, rather than making it a completely disjointed, unrelated, time-consuming, filler raid. And don't forget, Azshara used to sit at the edge of the Well, so hey, chance to re-use the zone of Azshara, just add some full structures, instead of ruins. And it's not like the bosses can really use new models: The Burning Legion is kind of exhausted in that aspect. When we fight them again, they will generally look the same still.

So, show me the contractual obligation that they did not deliver, so they can be held to it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I have been wondering this for awhile. Is it possible that myst was part of cata? If they were supposed to be one xpac. Remember the "cata having more raid content than ever!" quote? Was the myst content supposed to be that extra content we didn't get.

Idk, anyone else have this thought or feeling?

That was them sepperating raids into 3 difficulties. You got more raid content than ever before. Just becuase you choose not to accept doesn't change that fact.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    And show us where the contract is that states exactly what content was to be delivered. Take your time, I'll wait.

So, show me the contractual obligation that they did not deliver, so they can be held to it.
    Gladly: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/

Where I live all advertising and communications regarding the product are part of the contract (part of consumer protection laws). Of course, in practice Blizzard just did the usual customer service dodge when I contacted them and to get my money back I would have to get a lawyer, which would end up costing me much more than what I paid for the product in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gladly: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/

Where I live all advertising and communications regarding the product are part of the contract (part of consumer protection laws). Of course, in practice Blizzard just did the usual customer service dodge when I contacted them and to get my money back I would have to get a lawyer, which would end up costing me much more than what I paid for the product in the first place.
    I don't see anything for a WotA raid in there. I did see this though and wold like to highlight the important part people need to read.
    More Raid Content than Ever Before
    Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions of all encounters.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I don't see anything for a WotA raid in there.
    What does WotA have to do with anything? Cata has roughly half the number of raid encounters of WotLK while they explicitly promised more than WotLK. I don't care if it's WotA or something else, but they still owe the players half the Cata content while actively pushing to sell another xpac.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 01:48 PM ----------

That was them sepperating raids into 3 difficulties. You got more raid content than ever before. Just becuase you choose not to accept doesn't change that fact.
    Nope, they said more raid content and optional modes for that content. So it's clear they're talking about the number of encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does WotA have to do with anything? Cata has roughly half the number of raid encounters of WotLK while they explicitly promised more than WotLK. I don't care if it's WotA or something else, but they still owe the players half the Cata content while actively pushing to sell another xpac.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 01:48 PM ----------

Nope, they said more raid content and optional modes for that content. So it's clear they're talking about the number of encounters.
    bottom of the page clearly has this little bit of info for you.

More Raid Content than Ever Before
    Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions of all encounters.
    There is no "and" in there.

There is no "and" in there.
    So? The meaning is the same. By their own definition different ways of doing the same fight are not different content.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? The meaning is the same. By their own definition different ways of doing the same fight are not different content.
    The meaning is no where near the same. Can I get a blue quote on them saying that?

The meaning is no where near the same. Can I get a blue quote on them saying that?
    If you cannot understand such a simple English sentence, then you should take it up with your English teacher. The meaning is very clear. More encounters. Multiple modes for those encounters.

Deleted
    Delusional white knights defending blizzard... lmao.

Dude, Cata had 2 real content patches compared to all other expansions, which had 4. The quantity and quality of content delivered shrunk from TBC to WotLK to Cataclysm. WotLK mainly missing the dance studio, aerial combat and a whole zone including a raid got scrapped.