Your XL-Atx / E-Atx Opinion

Today you can choose a brand new XL / E Atx .Yay!

Wich one would you pick and WHY?
    Would you like a 1155 or 2011 socket? and WHY?

Your limit is: -budget 500usd max.
    -you want your new mobo red/black so it can match with everything else.

These are my choice so far, however i want to know your opinion on them;

-ASUS Rampage IV EXTREME/BF3 E-ATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 5PCI-E16 SLI CrossFireX Motherboard
    -EVGA X79 FTW EATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 5PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 SLI CrossFireX SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard

Thanks for reading me! It is really an opinion thread so feel free to say what you know/think/want.

Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post
    Today you can choose a brand new XL / E Atx .Yay!

Wich one would you pick and WHY?
    Would you like a 1155 or 2011 socket? and WHY?

Your limit is: -budget 500usd max.
    -you want your new mobo red/black so it can match with everything else.

These are my choice so far, however i want to know your opinion on them;

-ASUS Rampage IV EXTREME/BF3 E-ATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 5PCI-E16 SLI CrossFireX Motherboard
    -EVGA X79 FTW EATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 5PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 SLI CrossFireX SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard

Thanks for reading me! It is really an opinion thread so feel free to say what you know/think/want.
    i use a asus rampage iv extreme z -z68 board from rog or republic of gamers and i for 1 love it! lots of features in the bios and rog connect where i can adjust over clock from my laptop and even has a L2N switch if i ever wanted to go that route

as far as motherboards go i have always prefered asus or gigabyte *for the 2xpcb meaning thicker board = less flex when putting heavy video cards etc."

The only thing about the Maximus Z68 is that it does not have PCI-E 3.0, if you are spending 300 bucks on a motherboard you want it to "last" a while. If you are getting LGA 1155 I'd wait for the Z77 version if you are so adamant about the red/black colour scheme.

edit: fixed. Musn't have been paying attention, given that I even had the Maximus page on newegg open at the time of posting.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-03-24 at 09:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The only thing about the Rampage IV Z68 is that it does not have PCI-E 3.0, if you are spending 300 bucks on a motherboard you want it to "last" a while. If you are getting LGA 1155 I'd wait for the Z77 Rampage if you are so adamant about the red/black colour scheme.
    The Rampage IV is not a Z68 board, as the OP posted, it is in fact an X79 LGA 2011 board.

The Z68 equivalent from Asus is actually called the Maximus.

@OP: Either of those motherboards are superb.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    XL ATX is slightly taller, and E-ATX is slightly wider, you will have a harder time finding cases to fit XL-ATX then E-ATX

also, the EVGA X79 boards are just junk, they are a half hearted effort to put something out on the market, this is due to a bunch of their MB engineers all leaving to go to Sapphire

the Rampage IV is the best x79 board on the market, with i think only the Gigabyte OC board clocking higher, but you dont want the OC board for daily use

if you are gaming, and only gaming, then get an 1155 board, of which there is little need for XL-ATX or E-ATX

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    XL ATX is slightly taller, and E-ATX is slightly wider, you will have a harder time finding cases to fit XL-ATX then E-ATX
    I just bought an Azza Fusion 4000, doing couple mod on it before buying my last couple parts. Both fit.

About the 1155 socket, i already bought one for my up top section + my actual rig is 1155
    as everyone suggest, the rampage seems the best choice.

Im not only gaming, i also plan ruling the world soon

Thanks everyone for your comment/knowledge , please keep goin!
    later
    Last edited by charleybwoy; 2012-03-24 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post
    I just bought an Azza Fusion 4000, doing couple mod on it before buying my last couple parts. Both fit.

About the 1155 socket, i already bought one for my up top section + my actual rig is 1155
    as everyone suggest, the rampage seems the best choice.

Im not only gaming, i also plan ruling the world soon

Thanks everyone for your comment/knowledge , please keep goin!
    later
    the rampage is NOT 1155, if you are looking at 1155 you want the Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't waste money on a board that doesn't have at least dual PCIe 3.0 lanes, however the ones that do have more then 2x PCIe 3.0 lanes are all socket 2011.