Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Class Quests - more of these please. Made the game a lot of fun.

Companions - Brought a lot to questing and the story.. tbh I don't think SWTOR explored this enough!

The smaller raid team was also fun. 8 man FTW imo.

Deleted
    Blizzard could hire better writers to begin with. The main plotlines in WoW are really, really bad compared to the storytelling in SWTOR.

However, I don't think that a MMO which is all about min-maxing is the best medium to tell a story in. But that doesn't justify flat out ignoring it as Blizzard has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictrick View Post
    6) No, PvP sure.. let me do huttball 100x. The most nonstrategic warzone they could possibly create with all the knockbacks, pulls, and leaps.
    That is of course what those of us who like Huttball love about it. For some reason, MMOs love to give us slow-paced strategic objectives for warzones and I don't find them interesting at all. If I wanted to play strategy, proper strategy games are much better.

MMOs would be great for ball games where the addition to real life games is that you also get the option of killing your opponent. I don't see much point playing one of those football video games when you can just go out and play real football - but make a football-like game where you also get the option of fighting the opposing players to death and there's suddenly a point of doing it on the computer.

What's great about Huttball is precisely that it's all action, much more about quick fast tactical decisions than overall strategy. I especially don't want to play warzones that get decided by overall team strategy with a large team of random pugs - no, not because random pugs tend to be bad but because it's not fun even with good players unless you're a proper team. Meanwhile non-stretegic PvP like Huttball works great with pugs. It's still frustrating if you get completely skirmish-oriented morons who don't even try but when you get people that try together it's fun and great team play even if you've never met them before, all because it's about in the moment decisions instead of overall strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Please expand on this. Generally stating something does not help discussion.

Personally what makes SWTOR unique is that its NOT borrowing things from WoW. I dislike WoW right now because I got 'bored' with it (7+ years). I don't want to go into another game that is just a WoW template.
    Better a template than a story MMO which is extremely stale at L50.

Right then, stuff that blew absolute ass:

Knee jerk overkill class nerfs
    Illum
    Dailies
    Space dailies after a week of them at L50
    Huttball as a smug/IA
    Every crafting skill but Biochem
    GTN
    Finding groups after the first two weeks
    No way to change servers
    Faction Imbalance
    Massive queues for the underpopulated faction (thanks imperial scum!)
    Terrible end game content (Looking at you pylons, bugging every fucking time)
    No macros/not enough bar space
    No UI customization
    Two weeks for a ticket (where they don't do anything)
    Little to no enforcement of their naming policy

AND THE LIST GOES ON

Mod warning - there is far better ways to articulate a point than saying "stuff that blew ass". -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-03-25 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobblars View Post
    Class Quests - more of these please. Made the game a lot of fun.

Companions - Brought a lot to questing and the story.. tbh I don't think SWTOR explored this enough!

The smaller raid team was also fun. 8 man FTW imo.
    In WoW we have 10 mans and 25 mans.
    In SWTOR we have 8 and 16 mans.

In each game raids are build from smaller groups, that's why we have such raid sizes.
    WoW's party is 5-man, so we have 10 (two 5-man groups) and 25-man raids (five 5-man groups).
    SWTOR's party is 4-man, so we have 8 and 16 mans there, aka 2x4 and 4x4.

In order to reduce raid sizes in WoW, they would have to not only reduce party size to a 4-man format, they would also have to go back and adjust entire dungeon and raid content in the game to match party/raid size - this isn't just a matter of scaling down damage, but also boss/trash mechanics aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    In each game raids are build from smaller groups, that's why we have such raid sizes.
    WoW's party is 5-man, so we have 10 (two 5-man groups) and 25-man raids (five 5-man groups).
    SWTOR's party is 4-man, so we have 8 and 16 mans there, aka 2x4 and 4x4.

In order to reduce raid sizes in WoW, they would have to not only reduce party size to a 4-man format,
    No they wouldn't. There is nothing stopping them from capping raids to whichever size they prefer. They do multiples of the party size because its convenient and fits the UI but there is no reason whatsoever why they couldn't just cap an instance at 8.

If you make a really large raid group with multiple parties and try to enter a 10 man raid, the 10 first people to enter get in and then the game just blocks the rest. Which party you're in means nothing. Instance caps have nothing to do with parties.

(Just saying this, I don't have any opinion on 8 man vs 10 man.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Better a template than a story MMO which is extremely stale at L50.

Right then, stuff that blew absolute ass:

Knee jerk overkill class nerfs
    Illum
    Dailies
    Space dailies after a week of them at L50
    Huttball as a smug/IA
    Every crafting skill but Biochem
    GTN
    Finding groups after the first two weeks
    No way to change servers
    Faction Imbalance
    Massive queues for the underpopulated faction (thanks imperial scum!)
    Terrible end game content (Looking at you pylons, bugging every fucking time)
    No macros/not enough bar space
    No UI customization
    Two weeks for a ticket (where they don't do anything)
    Little to no enforcement of their naming policy

AND THE LIST GOES ON
    -Overkill Class Nerfs? Oh right, an operative being balanced out because a 9.5k on an opener was 'fair' and 'required skill'. I do not see any other class nerfs.

-Ilum? It was broke due to faction imbalances. Not Biowares fault. They tried fixing it and people just exploited the system. Blame the playerbase. They're still working to fix it. Tol'Barad sucks. I do not know why your'e so high and mighty about it.

-Dailies? Oh wait every MMO has them and they're ALL boring. It takes 45min to do all the dailies in TOR if you're remotely competent. That is ~200k credits and 26 daily commendations. Not hard or grindy at all.

-Space Dailies? You already brought up dailies. How about you don't do space dailies then? Its not required. It takes all of 7min to complete and its extremely easy.

-Huttball as a smug/IA? I do not know what you're talking about. The job of agents is usually to put pressure on healers. They are not ball carriers and never will be. If you strongly believe so, I am glad you are not on my team.

-Crafting Skills: They are being changed in 1.2. You already brought this up in an earlier post (probably another thread because you complain in ALL OF THEM).

-GTN: Nice try, you already complained about this one too.

-Finding Groups: People avoid you due to poor attitude. Due to "low populations that you stated in multiple other threads" people tend to know everyone. I have a list of people I avoid, you're probably on theirs. I have no issue finding groups for anything. My server has a small population yet they are pugging hardmodes nad operations daily.

-No way to change servers: Yes because that makes sense. Lets enable the ability to swap servers so every one and their mother can go to the nearest high pop server making the server imbalances even worse.

-Faction imbalance: You already complained about this multiple times already. Your points are moot.

-Massive Queues: If the server is Imperial dominant, Repubs get instant queues. Currently my server is 3:1 imperials... and our queues are no more than a minute. Nice try, again.

-Terrible End Game Content: What? It was their first raid. Do you remember MC in WoW? Of course not because you're a wrath baby. Well MC was extremely easy. Half the raid could AFK and clear content. Also, you can just click on the left console in pylons to avoid the bug. That isn't hard what so ever. Nice try again with another moot point. End game at its WORST in TOR is a lot better than End Game in WoW.

-No macros/not enough bar space: Um, you're doing something wrong (like putting everything you possible can on action bars) if you're running out of space. You do not need 11 mounts on action bars, fyi, if you didn't know. Also macros simplify the game. Multiple classes in WoW could do a perfect rotation in a raid environment with 1 macro.

-No UI customization: If you actually read up on the game, in a few weeks you can fully customize it. Again, nice try.

-Two weeks for a ticket: It took me 3 days max. Maybe you should try being something called NICE when writing a ticket. Also use proper grammar so they can understand you.

-Naming policy: I do not know how this is even an issue. Do you know how many variations of Arthas I have seen in WoW by children playing DKs? Probably like 50. MOOT POINT IS MOOT.

The list does NOT go on because you're just repeating yourself in every thread. All you do is complain about this game. Heres an idea: stay out of this section of the forums and don't play the game! You're obviously just bored with WoW so you troll forums all day. This isn't necessary. You do not bring any discussion to the table ever. You just bitch and moan about things that you clearly do not understand or read up on. You listen to other people complain and then take what they say and copy pasta it to the forums as if it were Gods words himself.

Please. Stop posting.

You can critique people in a more constructive manner, telling people they are trolling and complainers is unnecessary. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-03-25 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    1. Companions
    2. Own living area(the ship in swtor could be a house in orgrimar)
    3. Class Story
    4. Random name(dont have this in eu)
    5. On rail shooter(well I just want more mini games in wow in general(Pet battle and harvest moon FTW)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thread walked a very thin line between a topic of discussion and a SWTOR vs "Insert Game" thread. Unfortunately the topic of discussion has leaned toward SWTOR vs WoW, which is why now it is closed.