Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I have no soul then. I only came close to tearing up at the end when it looked like he was going to be alone forever.

Then my friend told me to watch the credits and everything was OK. Like I said, the entire anime is just good things happening to people who got fucked, and I guess that can make you cry tears of happiness if that's your thing, but those kinds of moments just give me a stoic satisfaction and a slightly warm fuzzy feeling.
    Last edited by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten; 2012-09-15 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Everyone seems to be suggesting normal animes with some sad moments throughout the series. However, if you truly want animes that are made to make you cry, watch all of the Key animes. Air, Kanon 2006, and Clannad. These are the only animes that have made me cry and they are made by the same company. Clannad is the only one with 2 seasons. The first season isn't really that sad, but adds more depths to the characters so that the 2nd season, which is very very sad, has more effect.

All of these animes are funny and light hearted in the beginning, but start to get serious in the middle. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for truly well written stories.
    This guy has got it right i recommend Clannad the second season left me soaked in tears and i am being dead serious

10+ Year Old Account
    "Monster"

Such a good anime. It's kind of like a thriller, FBI-esque, anime about a serial mass-murder twin. Just watch it. You might get nightmares. So good, though.

She, the Ultimate Weapon

I swear to you. You will cry.

Lols i guess i have no soul.I watch pretty much every genre.I seen clannad,angel beats and elfen lied but never came close to crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    Alright so I guess nobody noticed this thread was made in March, this year, right? I suppose the OP has shed enough manly tears, so please stop posting here and let this thread rest in peace.

Well now, that isn't nice.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, and the whole Higurashi series.

Deleted
    Cowboy Beebop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww really? Only one person mentioned ef: tale of memories/melodies? That's kinda disappointing. Personally, Melodies hit me harder than Clannad funny enough. Not by much though....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    some of the stories are brutal... the little girl and the dog.... awww.

as for death note.. it's not sad, just twisted and at times just stupid (you just wanna smack characters who don't take time and think).
    I'd honestly say FMA and not FMA:Brotherhood is much sadder, they took all the sad parts of the Manga and made them ten times more depressing and sad, it's especially sad in the dub, as alot of the voice actors capture the emotion so much more.

Edit: This song still brings me to tears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
    Last edited by mmoc8433d251bf; 2012-09-17 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fushigi Yugi, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Freedom
    The Wings Of Honneamiae

I don't think an anime has ever made me cry but, A few have made me feel very emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Cowboy Beebop.
    "Bang." *queue the blues*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, and the whole Higurashi series.
    I didn't find the Lolis from Hell to be that tear jerky, but I guess everyone is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Hey, what is up other champions?
    I'm looking for an anime that will make me want to cry some manly tears.
    Any suggestions?
    Barefoot Gen is quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    "Monster"

Such a good anime. It's kind of like a thriller, FBI-esque, anime about a serial mass-murder twin. Just watch it. You might get nightmares. So good, though.
    I watched the first 15 episodes of Monster some time ago, and I absolutely hated it. It started out great, then became a back-and-forth game of intel gathering for 10 episodes. I just didn't find it good at all. I don't think I could watch 80-some episodes of that. If it DOES change for the better, I would definitely like to know so I can get back into it.

I don't really know of any tear-jerky animes even though I've watched well over fifty series. Perhaps Puella Magi Madoka Magica? It's pretty sickening, emotional, and it had me at the edge of my seat near the end. The first few episodes you'll think "What a girly, sailor-moon esque anime" (Thats what I was thinking, anyway), but it delivers well.