Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Starbucks needs your thanks!

"Starbucks stuck its neck out to publicly support the right of all people to marry, regardless of the gender of their partner.

Now it is under attack by the ironically-named, ultra-conservative American “National Organization for Marriage”. Already over 4,000 NOM members have pledged to boycott Starbucks."

Join the campaign here: http://sumofus.org/campaigns/thank-starbucks/?sub=taf

This is such an amazing thing because these anti-gay hatred fueled bigots at NOM are finally getting beat at their own game. Please, take 60 seconds out of your time lurking on these forums to sign the thank-you card and potentially make the lives of millions and millions of human beings (including myself) in the LGBT community much, much better.

They just lost my business.

You are also being reported for "anti-gay hatred fueled bigots"

Your not allowed to classify groups of people here, i got bant for saying "tree hugging hippie", this is much worse.

I don't drink Starbucks but good for them. Fuck the ignorant haters.
    [i5-2500k @ 4.0 GHz][Noctua NH-D14][ASRock Z68 E3G3][GTX 560 Ti 448][16GB Corsair VENGEANCE LP]
    [Corsair 600T White Edition][Crucial M4 128GB SSD][1TB Western Digital HDD][SeaSonic X650 80+ Gold]

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool, I guess. I just don't get what's the impact of a corporation publicly supporting this. Wouldn't it be more effective to just pay some lobbyists?

Well, I guess I'll get something next time I pass a Starbucks.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread won't last long....

Starbucks may be over-priced fuel for hipsters but good for them.

Deleted
    The cylons are after her again?

I am against driscrimination lol, and i think anyone can marry anyone .. but even nowadays, society are rapidly increasing the number of divorces here and in china... sigh, even if sex doesn t matter, i think i am just against marriage lol ( unless the couple is really dedicated to each other )

But they will have my vote anyway xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/91/capturezgg.png

Meme images are against the rules, golds. - Dacien

Deleted
    Nice move, full support

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still don't understand how, in the United States, a place founded on freedoms and rights, Gay Marriage still isn't completely 100% legal. Good job Starbucks.

Go Buckstars!
    Decent coffee, even if it makes america fatter.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Still don't understand how, in the United States, a place founded on freedoms and rights, Gay Marriage still isn't completely 100% legal. Good job Starbucks.
    place founded on RELIGIOUS freedom. meaning they ran away from religious tyrants to practice their own religion. meaning our ancestors/forefathers came over here and founded america and its laws based on their religious beliefs. which happened to include persecution for all things "unnatural" including homosexuality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    place founded on RELIGIOUS freedom. meaning they ran away from religious tyrants to practice their own religion. meaning our ancestors/forefathers came over here and founded america and its laws based on their religious beliefs. which happened to include persecution for all things "unnatural" including homosexuality.
    True; but there's an increasing amount of support for gay marriage; highlighted by this slightly amusingly shaped chart: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...11-blog480.png

Just need to wait for all the old codgers to die off and you're pretty much set. Give it 20 years or so.

Deleted
    Go Buckstars!

All things unnatural? What's natural about flying, submarines or the computer? Also I'd brush up on motivations for people coming to America and listen to less popular media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They just lost my business.

You are also being reported for "anti-gay hatred fueled bigots"

Your not allowed to classify groups of people here, i got bant for saying "tree hugging hippie", this is much worse.
    Although I do think it is good for corporations..err I mean "people" to stand up for what they believe in and do agree with Starbucks on this issue, he does have a point. This link and the support of it not only goes close to bashing a "Religious" group it also labels all right wing people as hate fueled bigots which is itself bigotry. Their are many people that may not agree with said lifestyle but don't go out of their way to bash or take away their rights.

Again although I do support Starbucks on this, this thank-you site is bordering on bigotry themselves and should take the higher road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by casuallyhardcore View Post
    Although I do think it is good for corporations..err I mean "people" to stand up for what they believe in and do agree with Starbucks on this issue, he does have a point. This link and the support of it not only goes close to bashing a "Religious" group it also labels all right wing people as hate fueled bigots which is itself bigotry. Their are many people that may not agree with said lifestyle but don't go out of their way to bash or take away their rights.

Again although I do support Starbucks on this, this thank-you site is bordering on bigotry themselves and should take the higher road.
    The OP has nothing about religion or about political sides.

Go Buckstars!

Actually this is false, one of our forefathers actually stated (I can't remember where the quote is) that this country was in no one way founded on religious beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by casuallyhardcore View Post

The user wont be infracted because the moron moderators here agree with them, much like all the infractions (or lack there of) they give. Probably the most poorly moderated forum in reguards to selective enforcement ive ever seen.

Deleted
    Well done Starbucks. It's nice to see corporations risk losing a bit of business to actually have an opinion, especially when it's one as important as this. And for God's sake (that was intentional) will people please stop trying to justify bigotry by saying it's religion. You can be both religious and support gay rights, just as you can be religious and not agree with stoning a woman to death for adultery.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 09:52 PM ----------

The user wont be infracted because the moron moderators here agree with them, much like all the infractions (or lack there of) they give. Probably the most poorly moderated forum in reguards to selective enforcement ive ever seen.
    And shame on you.

Deleted
    You're asking for it aren't you? The Mods here are quite nice to those who are respectable, patient and polite.