Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Woah that website is radical. Looking through some of their content, I found this little gem:

We’ve witnessed again and again what happens when powerful corporations get their way:

-Environmental and health catastrophes like Fukushima

As a radiation protection engineer this made me put my head on my desk and sigh deeply. I'm not against gay marriage, but I'll be damned before I visit that site again.
    Maybe the website is hinting that powerful corporations have access to an earthquake gun.

Deleted
    I'm shocked to see how many people in this thread do not realize that this whole thing is one big Starbucks marketing stunt....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathisfear View Post
    Actually this is false, one of our forefathers actually stated (I can't remember where the quote is) that this country was in no one way founded on religious beliefs.
    yep, freedom to pursue your own happiness, freedom of speech, not just the religion part.
    there is also separation of church and state, our gov't should not be able to hold up laws, who's primary point and case are that it is for or against any religion.

viewing gay marriage from a completely social standpoint, it can solve hate crimes, it can solve bitter divorces after 10+ years when one partner finally gives up trying to act "normal" and does their own thing...

honestly though same thing about capital punishment applies, who are we to judge what is normal? why not let people lead happy lives instead of trying to force them into a social stereotype, get married to the opposite sex, or be hated, deal with rude comments your whole life... i do need to stop this train of thought. well unless you are into fashion / art / whatever...i wish i knew how they get away with it XD..

i applaud Starbucks, standing up for what is right.
    Last edited by Christan; 2012-03-26 at 11:27 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Go Buckstars!
    Decent coffee, even if it makes america fatter.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 04:15 PM ----------

place founded on RELIGIOUS freedom. meaning they ran away from religious tyrants to practice their own religion. meaning our ancestors/forefathers came over here and founded america and its laws based on their religious beliefs. which happened to include persecution for all things "unnatural" including homosexuality.
    It wasn't even founded on that just the freedom of the very extreme groups that came here that were not free in England at the time. It is amazing how many ppl will yell, scream, go to war or whatever madness over "everybodies freedom" when really all they mean is their own and once they get what they want the judging on the next group begins. Then again its amazing how much ppl that are told not to judge others constantly tell ppl to live by their standards.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Maybe the website is hinting that powerful corporations have access to an earthquake gun.
    Well Dr Evil does own Starbucks so that could be true.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."