Dragons in solo que

Hey i am fairly new to playing ranked, and i tend to play a jungler, in my last match, i had already had 4 successful ganks, and top lane was easily won. After a double kill Bot lane i call for us to do dragon, it was stole and we got tripled, we started with highish hp (75% all) and even if i had not messed up flash it would not have been worth it. This lead to us been snowballed against as cassiopia got the triple(and are not very good mid had been killed twice already, even though i really helped her early game forcing cassio back twice).

So my question is, is dragon ever really worth it before the point where the ad can chuck it in a few seconds? The gold is nice and all but after that game i just dont understand out side of a arranged 5`s why you would even try dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    190 global gold. One champion kill might net you 300, for one person.

That is why. 950 gold is massive and geting that three times over the enemy team basically means you got a huge gold lead.

Thing is, you do need to time it properly. Sounds like your team either took too long to get there or to kill the dragon.

So you killed 2 in bot lane, you immediately went over to dragon and you still managed to be killed when you were there with 3 champions? How is that possible?

Did Cassiopeia kill you alone, did the jungler tag along too or what? Did you lose 2v3? Did you take too long to kill it and allow the bot lane champions to respawn?

Dragon is DEFINITELY worth anywhere, anyhow as it's a very good gold advantage but after killing 2 people in bot lane, taking a dragon should be very easy.

Deleted
    in solo queue the easiest dragons to get are the solo ones when everybody is lane. they generally don't leave lane if their opponents are there so it's just free gold. this is usually at around level 6 or after wriggles on champions that take it. it's not really hard with most champions and with champions that can't solo it I usually just ignore it as you usually end up worse off after receiving no help.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2012-03-24 at 09:31 PM.

Cassio even though i had sent her back twice was much more farmed then are mid, and yes there jungler was there. we seen them coming as i had warded very well, but only i reacted, my question is more, should i even try it with randoms, who may not have any idea what they are doing. Also i think ill follow the aboves advice when it comes to dragons

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes? It's 190g for everyone, the equivalent of a tower. If you can snag a dragon with only one to two death it's well worth it. You had the timing right, with bot dead, you all just somehow fucked up a 3v2.

Yes dragon is really worth it if you can do it right.

However i often see people comparing dragon to 2 kills. For examples i hear some streamers or tournament commentators say "they traded dragon for 2 deaths so it came out even in the end". NO. Dragon is not even closely comparable to 2 kills. Technically they both give roughly the same amount of overall gold and exp, but 2 kills will give you so much more advantage because you are free to kill towers/buffs and farm while the enemies are losing farm. Not to mention that 2 kills increase in value as the game progresses:
    2 kills at 5 mins are worth exactly one dragon and one or two waves of farm depending on what lanes you killed (~ 150g or 300g),
    2 kills at 15 mins are worth one dragon, one wave of farm and probably one tower (~ 150g + 750g),
    2 kills at 30 mins are worth one dragon and a free baron (1500g) and
    2 kills at 45 mins are worth one dragon and a free win
    This means that dragon becomes much less appealing after laning phase is over because of the risks involved. Ideally, you want a single person (usually the jungler) soloing him while the rest are laning like nothing's happening. When you have 2 or more people at dragon, you risk the enemy team seeing you through a ward or simply realising you're doing dragon, and allow them to initiate a teamfight on you or go for objectives, while in the meantime you're losing lane farm.

Anyway just my 2 cents on dragon. The professional team CLG.NA has recently developed a strategy where they dont really care about dragon and focus on getting an advantage while the enemy team is killing it, but i think once other teams realise this they'll stop sending 5 people and wasting their bruisers' teleports for dragon, instead they'll just send in the jungler to solo it and come way more ahead than CLG.
    Last edited by thoukaia; 2012-03-25 at 09:49 PM.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Its alot harder in soloQ but you need to time the burst of all the present champions with smite so it cant be stolen as easy.

(obvious example: nunu Qs as chogath Rs as you smite).
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest mistake I see at dragon is forcing a team fight when you are at a disadvantage. Its better to seen one person in to steal dragon, giving the other team 300+ and split assist but netting 190 for your whole team versus giving the multiples of 300g + assist.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Biggest mistake I see at dragon is forcing a team fight when you are at a disadvantage. Its better to seen one person in to steal dragon, giving the other team 300+ and split assist but netting 190 for your whole team versus giving the multiples of 300g + assist.
    An assist means that 58.33% of the kill-gold is split among all those who assisted, btw.
    Which means that if you kill someone who was godlike(500g) with 2 people helping, the killer gets 500g while the assistants get ~146g each.
    The way assist gold works is also one of the reasons why it's so unpleasant when the support gets a kill in botlane if the jungler helps by ganking.
    Instead of jungler/ad sharing 387.5g and 87.5g for the support, it's jungler/ad sharing 175g while the support gets 300.

Just my 2 cents.

How did they steal it if you had smite?
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    How did they steal it if you had smite?
    Fail-Smite, Smite-Steal, etc.
    Pick any of them, google them, find hundreds of videos where people lost stuff even though they had smite.

Also: The OP never said they had Smite. He did say that the enemy jungler was coming, though.

Skanner ulti into a cassio ulti. Dragon was still up at 25% hp, my ad carry kept pounding on it while they came for us, so it was a easy one to take for skanner, as i was dead by the time it even went under 1k.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    should i even try it with randoms, who may not have any idea what they are doing.
    It all depends on your elo, really. At low elo you should act like every man for himself, becasue thats just the attitude of other 4 persons in your team, most likely. But at higher elo most pleyers do get the importance of drake/nashor/buffs and act accordingly. In general: yes drake is an important target (975g is huge) but such target comes with a risk, ofc.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...