Computer Overall Speed

Ok, so my computer is by no means a piece of junk, but as of lately it's been taking it's sweet ass time to boot up. I've done virus scan,s malware scans, even defragged the drive to make sure that all the data is in one relative place. Im thinking that I need to do a computer reformatting and that is going to take some time because I have to make sure that I back up all may data that I have. Back to the issue at hand. It takes nearly 20-30 seconds or more just to get past the welcome screen and sometimes it hangs around on a black screen with a loading circle for a few seconds, not too much usually. When it does get to the main screen, the programs That I have, typically MSN, Skype and my AV programs cause the startup to take just a little longer to have the computer in a state where I can open my internet browser per se, and do whatever from there.

Also not sure if this is software related, but my firefox often freezes when I try to either upload files, or just click things, load different tabs in general, and it never used to freeze this badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes windows can delay start up times when you've got other devices (storage) plugged in, perhaps a USB stick or the like.

Alternatively, your hard drive may be on its way out. Run something like crystal disk info and check its status.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

CUrrently I have a external Hard drive ALWAYS plugged in, and other than that I have my Capture Card plugged in, headphones and a charging cable usually for various devices

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/myhdd.png Here is a screenshot of the program

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 04:56 PM ----------

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136533 Was thinking about getting this hard drive
    Last edited by Brohoof; 2012-03-24 at 11:34 PM.