Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Eat well and exercise.
    Keep The Beats!

Eat like you used to but less, and move like you used to but more. Feasting isn't a good way to loose weight permanently. It'll cause multiple imbalance problems in your metabolism, and of what you'll end up losing will be emergency storages that are top priority for your body to replace. A slow, steady loss of weight that keeps your metabolism running like it's supposed to will have a much more lasting effect.

Excersising is grams, and nutrition is kilos. Excersising is allways good for muscles and the flexibility of the limbs, but it has little effect on your weight, unless you do it like several hours every day.

If you need to lose in excess of 50 pounds, I reckon you have a large inntake of carbs today. Sugar, white bread, rice and pasta. If you want to loose weight fast - you allso need to drop your carbs. If you have a low inntake of carbs, your body will automatically enter a stage of ketoses, where fat burning is the primary sorurce of energy for your body. On a normal diet - you would have to work of all your glycogen storages, before burning fat - normaly thats an hour of working out.

So:

Eat proteins, natural fat, and carbs from salat, tomatoes, cucumber - but drop all sugar, all fast carbs - and you will lose weight quickly. You will also find that your apetite is reduced, and you end up eating less. When that is in place - increase your amount of excersise.
    Last edited by Epileptica; 2012-03-25 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop eatin' ... Some people have crazy metabolism. If you are the type, you gain wieght only if you drink some water, there is no better sollution, than just stop eating. :P I can't help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I recommend 4 hrs body.

I lost 22 kilos in under 3 months, so that gets my vote. In addition to sticking to the plan, cycle at least 30 mins a day or jog up to 3 times a week between 6 and 10 km

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/4-hour-body has a review and a pretty good sum up to get you started, you can even lift off on that review without spending money on the book. http://fourhourbody.com/ is the official site.
    haha you learn a lot from taht book :

How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
    How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
    How to triple testosterone and double sperm count

SIGN ME UP!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    If all you want to do is lose weight, then you don't even need to watch which foods you eat. Just make sure calories in is less than calories out. A guy did an experiment to prove this and lost almost thirty pounds eating nothing but Twinkies. So it's really much simpler than everyone here is saying.

The average american male needs about 2200 calories per day for an average level of activity. The average american female, about 1900. So, just eat a little under that (like 200 calories less), and add half an hour to an hour of brisk activity (like walking around the neighborhood, dancing, or sports) and voila!

If you fuck up one day, don't think you have to start over. It takes 3000 calories excess to make one pound of fat. That means you would have to eat almost 5000 calories in one day to gain one pound of fat. It's not impossible, but certainly difficult.

Now, if you want to get healthy and lose weight, then yes, you need to eat better. But if you just want to lose weight? Eat less, move more, enjoy!

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    speed, base speed

Deleted
    Don't try to crash diet as you will likely put on more weight in the long term.

Do simple things like people have said - go for walks, if you work then get off the stop before and walk briskly home or if you have showers then jog in part of the way etc. Things like cycling and gym is great but you need to establish it as part of your normal routine. I sold my car so have no choice but to cycle to work but then we have shower facilities there. fit it into something you need to do anyway - if you run out of bread or milk then jog to the store which is 1/2 mile away. Maybe you pass a swimming pool on your way home or weight watchers near you.

If you do exercise or had a good day keeping under 2100 calories, try not to consume too much. Find a fruit you like - strawberries, grapes, nectarines could be the sweet healthier alternative.

Don't waste your money on fancy gadgets like heart pressure watches or Adidas clothing - just keep it simple until you find a routine that you will stick to.

Read into cardio exercises and find something you like. If you have weak knees then maybe running isnt for you but rowing machine might be a good alternative.

Whatever you do, try not to eat any carbs 6hrs before you sleep or when you are planning on staying in all day. Alot of that will just turn into love handles!

If you love sweets (like me), try to find lower fat alternatives. I can now get by with a few jaffa cakes rather than half a pack digestives like last year! Dried apricots helped me that first week - strangely addictive.

Good luck

Huge subject, but I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Diet - Make your own food. This is huge. If you make your own food, you're immediately cutting out 90% of the unhealthy ingredients that plague modern supermarkets. Another big one is really avoiding soda. Simply put, if you don't know exactly where a food came from or how it was made, it's probably not good for you. Also, it teaches you how to control how much you eat because you're the one putting the effort into making the extra food. Do you still need that side of fries if you need to fire up the oven, slice the potatoes, and cook them?

Exercise - You don't need some crazy exercise routine (you probably can't do one anyway in your condition), you just need to start getting active. Solo walks are boring; invite a friend or SO to talk and walk with you. Gardening is an excellent way to start on both the diet and exercise at once. More importantly than that, just go around, get out, and do things. Go hang out with friends; get out of your own living space and just be active.

Your results won't be instant or revolutionary, but start living a more active life and eating your own food and you will see results down the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrantACs View Post
    Stop eatin' ... Some people have crazy metabolism. If you are the type, you gain wieght only if you drink some water, there is no better sollution, than just stop eating. :P I can't help it.
    Metabolism has a very little influence. Calories in, calories out is not very accurate, but it's certainly more close to the reality than "I got crazy metabolism!".

Also, "losing weight fast" is a recipe for disaster. Do your homework earlier...

Your body uses food for energy. It stores any excess energy as fat. This means if you eat more food than your body needs for daily activities and cell maintenance, you'll gain weight.
    To lose weight, you need to get your body to use up these stores of fat. The most effective way to do this is to:
    • reduce the amount of calories you eat
    • increase your levels of activity.
    This is why experts talk about weight loss in terms of diet and exercise.
    Your body uses food for energy. It stores any excess energy as fat. This means if you eat more food than your body needs for daily activities and cell maintenance, you'll gain weight.
    To lose weight, you need to get your body to use up these stores of fat. The most effective way to do this is to:
    • reduce the amount of calories you eat
    • increase your levels of activity.
    This is why experts talk about weight loss in terms of diet and exercise.