Thread: Smartcasting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt this available for some of the AoE that requires ground targetting. Think I remember there was something about it in the option. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Wasnt this available for some of the AoE that requires ground targetting. Think I remember there was something about it in the option. I could be wrong though.
    Pyre said it's an tickable option in the settings, so apparently so.
    Can't say for sure, as I haven't had the chance to check myself due to being beta-less,
    But he's named after a pretty awesome charr so I doubt he's talking out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    How does it cast in the direction of his mouse if his mouse is down by the skill bar clicking abilities?
    Because in a smart cast you select the ability then you press your mouse button in the direction you want to use it in...
    I had to try reeeeallly hard not to facedesk on that one fyi, then I just prayed it was trolling.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Because in a smart cast you select the ability then you press your mouse button in the direction you want to use it in...
    I had to try reeeeallly hard not to facedesk on that one fyi, then I just prayed it was trolling.
    That's what you do WITHOUT smartcast, smartcast is when you just hit the ability and it uses it in the direction of your mouse so you DON'T have to click the direction you want to use it in.
    Like if you hit a warrior's greatsword's #3 (whirlwind attack)
    Without smartcasting, you would have to hit the skill then click in the direction you wanted to go. With smartcasting, you would mouse over your target and just hit 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    smartcasting would boost the esport potential of this game immensly. just makes for way faster and exciting gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Norg View Post
    smartcasting would boost the esport potential of this game immensly. just makes for way faster and exciting gameplay.
    Should*
    Apparently it's already in the settings.

Found it. http://youtu.be/bkxpkAILeLg?t=2m59s Its labeled as Fast-Cast Ground Targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That's what you do WITHOUT smartcast, smartcast is when you just hit the ability and it uses it in the direction of your mouse so you DON'T have to click the direction you want to use it in.
    Like if you hit a warrior's greatsword's #3 (whirlwind attack)
    Without smartcasting, you would have to hit the skill then click in the direction you wanted to go. With smartcasting, you would mouse over your target and just hit 3.
    Actually, it's both ways. They are both a form of smart casting.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Tithonus View Post
    Found it. http://youtu.be/bkxpkAILeLg?t=2m59s Its labeled as Fast-Cast Ground Targeting.
    Well that's a mouthful.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 08:02 PM ----------

Actually, it's both ways. They are both a form of smart casting.
    Smart casting is a term used in LoL..
    don't think it was used before then.
    They could both, technically, be considered 'smart' casting, but that's not what the term smart casting means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's basically mandatory if they still want to port it over to consoles eventually, ground targeting never works on consoles.

ya, that's not how it works...

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit lengthy vid but this explains smartcasting perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEw9tmySMSI

in gw2 i believe this is called "fast-cast"(ing)