Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I played with my Neighbour- and it was the best fun I had had in years - its buggy, the acting is god awful- its looks very grainy, and can get somewhat repetitive, the sewers come to mind, but overall its a good fun Game/toy - " I see computer games as fun Toys"

worth the play

Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    I was HEAVILY disappointed with it.. A zombie survival game, thats more like an RPG. Skill trees, 99% melee only, monster levels... Had I known what I was getting fully, and wanted that sort of game, then yeah, would have been great. I was thinking it was going to be more along the lines of a RE type game.
    Pretty sure that it always billed itself as a more rpg-esque experience a la Boarderlands. That, and why wouldn't you do some research on a game before purchasing it O.o

It isn't terrible by any means but unless you have mates to play with the solo play gets painfully repetitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got the game, spent $40 for Mass Effect 1, mass Effect 2 & Dead Island.. for the ~13 bucks I spent on it, I can say it was totally worth it. $30 seems a bit pricey though, and I don't think i'd be able to justify spending that much money for the game you're getting. That being said, if you're totally dead set on zombie RPG, this isn't that bad. Like others said it can get repetitive, but it's aesthetically pleasing with HDMI and a nice big TV. Graphically I feel there's a lot going for it considering the budget. If you like the idea of an FPS RPG, I'd easily recommend Borderlands without a doubt. I had a lot more fun with that so far than I have with Dead Island. For reference, I put about 45 hours into Borderlands and I'm about 10 into Dead Island. It's sad.. after 10 hours I'm already considering shelving it and starting the Mass Effect series.

This was for Xbox.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2012-03-31 at 08:05 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Get at least one friend to play it with. Every game is great co-op, I even play Mario Kart 64 / Mario Party with my friends still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    Perfect summary; I would second that. The gameplay is just running, slaying zombies, doing simple quests, crafting weapons. If you like this and won't get bored doing this for hours, you might check it out.
    I fell for the trailer and expected somethin, well, "different" after all
    It was fun with friends once but don't really feel like playing it again.
    Was fairly easy imo, can't really think of many places that was really challenging.
    Hell, my friend hit is rage ability( or whatever it's called) and 3 shot the final boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Pretty sure that it always billed itself as a more rpg-esque experience a la Boarderlands. That, and why wouldn't you do some research on a game before purchasing it O.o
    hell.. I dunno.. lifes an adventure? :P You are correct though, I should have read into it a bit more... Not saying its a bad game, just that it wasn't my cup of tea. What little I knew of it, that it was a zombie survival game, set on an island, and that it got some decent ratings from the critics. Was good enough for me at the time lol.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix