Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I forgot I use logitech 5.1 speakers too, they're really solid and well built compared to the creative speakers I had before them. Really logitech is a good company.

About their keyboard prices. Steelseries and Razer charge just as much for their keyboards, and to be honest I prefer the logitech ones. The only negative point I have about my G15 keyboard is the USB ports on it are USB 1.1 (I think, Windows brings up a bubble saying the attached device can run faster if plugged into a USB 2.0 port if I use them, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I like'em. So long as you don't treat them like crap, they're fine. They've been more durable and long lasting than uber-cheap stuff, and they're one of the few brands that experiments with non-traditional design.
    So much text, yet I can't find any point. I never said you couldn't like their stuff, I just said it's garbage. Logitech is like McDonalds, they mass produce cheap stuff and put a store in every corner. People eat at McDonalds and are probably satisfied with it, but it doesn't change the fact that McDonalds food is garbage when compared to proper restaurants. Of course, McDonalds doesn't put a BigMac in a differently colored box, call it "GamerBurger" and sell it for $50, which is essentially what the Logitech G-series is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have used my Logitech 5.1 speakers for about 4-5 years, plus my Logitech MX518 for 4-5 years too, they are indeed very solid
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Around a year ago, I was so desperate for a mouse that can actually fit my hands, while having more than the standard 2 buttons on the side.

I came on this lovely nerd herd to ask for any advice, since I tried the Naga, the Steelseries WoW mouse, as well as others but they just didn't feel comfortable for me to use. One of the lovely guys here told me about the G700(I believe it was Tetris?). I went to the local store, and it was actually available. I bought the mouse, and I never looked back since then. I'm extremely happy with my G700 and my G35. The one and only big con for me, is that the G700 doesn't actually use LGS (Logitech Gaming Software), and it rather uses Setpoint. It's not that Setpoint is really bad, I just wished that the headset and mouse would be like.. merged into one, single software.

Heck, I would replace my BlackWidow and get a G19, ONLY to see all my peripherals' settings in one software!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Logitech trackballs are, by far, my favoured pointing device.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...trackball-m570

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a long one but filled with tons of information - so bear with me here!

Used to use a Logitech MX Revolution mouse on my family's old computer before I got my own, was an amazing mouse. Tried getting one for myself, and Logitech had shipped about a billion shipments at that time of completely bad MX Revolutions, so I had to look elsewhere. I've now been using the Razer Death Adder 1800 dpi I bought back then (over 3 years ago now) without fault. I will consider Logitech if and when this mouse dies, however Cyborg is a more likely option.

My next oldest Logitech peripherals would be my Logitech Z2300 2.1 speaker system, which I got a few months before I got my own computer, and thus have had for almost 4 years. They are some great speakers, for what they are - computer speakers. They will be replaced with some studio monitors soon enough - I already am running a 5.1 set of speakers, 2.1 being the Logitech, then another 2 being Samson Media ONE 3a studio monitors - which completely DECIMATE the Z2300s, and then a singular Event TR5 studio monitor which is a bit bigger and even far better than the Samsons. So you can imagine, these Z2300s will not last long.

Next up, would be a keyboard I bought when I tried to buy my own MX Revolution for the first time, however whereas the mouse had to be returned, I kept the keyboard because it worked, and worked, and worked, and continues to work to this day, however it has now been retired in favor of, you guessed it! A mechanical keyboard. Sorry OP, but after a little over 3 years of using my Logitech G15 v2 orange LED keyboard, I wanted to try out something different. I gave into the suggestions from friends to look into a mechanical keyboard - and can I just say - it is truly a far superior experience to any membrane keyboard out there. Not only do the keys feel far smoother - but the wrist rest, oh the wrist rest, I should mention - this is the Corsair K90 Vengeance keyboard I speak of - has the best wrist rest I've ever felt. Where the G15's was a simple plastic piece, this one is covered in a leathery/rubbery texture with little dimples all over, a brilliant and very pleasant surface to rest my wrists on - completely dominates the G15 on that front as well. The K90 also looks far superior - brushed aluminum finish? Volume ROLLER? Full-powered USB plug versus the low-powered 2 on the G15? 18 macro keys I'll never use? BRAIDED USB cable?! Three brightness settings on top of completely shut off LED back-lighting? Say no more! This keyboard will NOT be returned to the store. It also feels a lot HEAVIER and therefore more STURDY and less-likely to break than the G15 if it fell or something. Also - it is so loud, I love it. ;D

Finally, the last Logitech product I ever got... I had had two Logitech headsets in my early times on WoW before I finally tried out something different, a Plantronics Gamecon headset 377, however I had one other Logitech headset that my parents had actually given me on Christmas 2010. These were terrible - they were wireless USB and would not even stay on my head, they were not the G930s, no, they were just some ClearChat or whatever headset, however clear they were not! I think I may have had the mic work once or twice for me, but usually my voice in Vent was just static, nothing more, for the others in Vent. Ultimately jumped to replace what had become a broken pair of Plantronics 377s earlier that month thanks to a puppy - and those lasted a whopping year + and I still have to this day and work - however I do not use a headset anymore, I've moved also to professional quality headphones in Shure SRH 440 studio headphones and currently use the mic on my webcam, however I'll probably be getting a Zalman clip-on mic.

All in all? Logitech is alright, however after I've really seen what other companies have to offer, I will not be buying anymore products made by Logitech except for perhaps a new joystick, as my old one is of the DA-15 technology, so it's not even certain, I may just get an adapter for that joystick (an ancient 1990s Microsoft Sidewinder) and continue to use that which is not broken.

Thanks for reading if you read this all and I hope it gave you some other brands to consider and potentially other paths to take - one should never trust all of their peripherals to one brand, Razer, Logitech, or any other. Buy from the brands who best suit your needs for different peripherals. Be it known that Dell is superb at making high-quality IPS monitors, Asus at 120Hz monitors, DAS, Corsair, and a multitude of others at mechanical keyboards, Cyborg as well as Logitech at mice, and Samson is a great budget brand for quality speakers/studio monitors with Shure, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, as well as some others being superb for headphones. Your peripherals should be of the utmost quality you are able to pay for to make your gaming/computing experience the absolute best possible.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Perhaps the only cure is more cowbell.

Meh, Logitech I'm either very unlucky with, or it's just shit. My G35 headset broke, from it laying on my desk... The left earcup randomly fell off....
    My G15 keyboard is somewhat decent, but the G buttons never worked from day 1. :<

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Meh, Logitech I'm either very unlucky with, or it's just shit. My G35 headset broke, from it laying on my desk... The left earcup randomly fell off....
    My G15 keyboard is somewhat decent, but the G buttons never worked from day 1. :<
    Ear cups don't randomly just fall off... I don't care how shitty they are.

If the G buttons did not work from DAY 1 then you should have just returned the bloody keyboard.

I don't think it is Logitech being shit or anything but your unwillingness to try to return things/get the automatic warranties that are free and shipped with them filled.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon my chinese, but Logitech is fuckin awesome!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

logitech is just too reliable in the long term, i've been running their products for many years, almost no issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a Logitech VX Nano mouse for a little over 3 years now and it's finally starting to die. The right click has become loose and when I use it it'll click 2 or 3 times instead of just once, which causes problems when trying to loot or use objects and sometimes even targeting. I plan on replacing it with either a Razer Mamba or another of the exact same mouse. I have the crappy headset you can get at Wal-Mart for $20, not sure the name, but I keep having to replace it every 6 months or so due to the wiring coming loose causing the headset to not work at times. All in all a decent experience with them.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    I've had a Logitech VX Nano mouse for a little over 3 years now and it's finally starting to die. The right click has become loose and when I use it it'll click 2 or 3 times instead of just once, which causes problems when trying to loot or use objects and sometimes even targeting. I plan on replacing it with either a Razer Mamba or another of the exact same mouse. I have the crappy headset you can get at Wal-Mart for $20, not sure the name, but I keep having to replace it every 6 months or so due to the wiring coming loose causing the headset to not work at times. All in all a decent experience with them.
    Nothing that you just described can be characterized as a decent experience lol. Believe it or not, companies are in fact capable of producing relatively reliable goods to retail for $20.00. They just choose not to.

15+ Year Old Account
    LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Lolololol yeah....no. Your own fault. Earcups don't just fall off. You did something to it. And if your G buttons didn't work from day one and you did not replace it? Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Nothing that you just described can be characterized as a decent experience lol. Believe it or not, companies are in fact capable of producing relatively reliable goods to retail for $20.00. They just choose not to.
    3 years of life out of a mouse without any real problems is a decent experience. The fact is I've probably put way too many hours of use into the mouse, being a gamer and all. It's a nano which is a laptop mini mouse, so not really designed to game with. I said overall it was a decent experience and to me that's exactly what it's been. If you're not happy with their products, simply don't use them.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

3 years of life out of a mouse without any real problems is a decent experience. The fact is I've probably put way too many hours of use into the mouse, being a gamer and all. It's a nano which is a laptop mini mouse, so not really designed to game with. I said overall it was a decent experience and to me that's exactly what it's been. If you're not happy with their products, simply don't use them.
    I don't. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. lol
    Then why troll around in a thread called "I have Logitech fever"? You're not gonna convince someone that loves the products to just suddently not like them anymore. So I guess your name is correct, GG I got you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a G15 keyboard, love it. I'm not a huge brand cow, while I do love Logitech, the KB is the only thing I have from them, though I have used their mice in the past. I would definitely take Logitech over Razr any day of the week; I don't like the feel of their mice, nor the price or hype associated with them. Maybe I'm just not that intense a gamer, who knows.

Currently using Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers, Steelseries WoW mouse, and the aforementioned G15 keyboard. Oh, and the steelseries mousepad that came with Rift CE :-P Haven't dropped the money on a good headset yet, but it looks like I'll be going for something from Turtle Beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Then why troll around in a thread called "I have Logitech fever"? You're not gonna convince someone that loves the products to just suddently not like them anymore. So I guess your name is correct, GG I got you.
    Not sure why you think I'm trolling you, or why you think that I'm convinced that you need to change your mind. I came to read some posts, and I noted that a headset that needs to be replaced every six months and a mouse with a life expectancy of 3 years aren't characteristic of good or even decent products. You disagree? That's your business. But now you're fully derailing a thread about Logitech (who I have no problem with as a whole) to have at me and justify your lesser expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you think I'm trolling you, or why you think that I'm convinced that you need to change your mind. I came to read some posts, and I noted that a headset that needs to be replaced every six months and a mouse with a life expectancy of 3 years aren't characteristic of good or even decent products. You disagree? That's your business. But now you're fully derailing a thread about Logitech (who I have no problem with as a whole) to have at me and justify your lesser expectations.
    I never said you were trolling me. I said why troll around in a thread called.....Troll here means lurk around in. I am not trying to "have at you" nor justify my "lesser" expectations at all. I clearly stated what I had, you came at me, like you are right now calling my expectations "lesser" and are indeed trying to troll me. This is the last I'll comment on what you have to say in this thread because honestly it's not worth my time. I think my experience was decent, and if you disagree, I don't really care.