Thread: Racism

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Racism

At my university there is this Hispanic guy who is real arrogant and is a smart ass who thinks he's tough and all that crap. One day he insulted me while I was walking past and I insulted him back calling him an ass and he accuses me for being a racist and that I hate him for being Hispanic when HE actually started this and never said anything about him being Hispanic. I basically then said that isn't racism, but he just ignored me and walked off while calling me a "Mexican hater". I could tell he was serious though.

The point is that I despise people like this who use Racism as a shield and think that if u hate them because of a personality trait that it's considered racist. Anyone else ever have this happen to them before and how did you deal with it? and what is your opinion on people who use racism as a shield and people who use their background heritage as way of rebuttal. Also the point of if a Caucasian person says something racist it is not allowed but if say an African says something racist towards a Caucasian person they think its alright. I'm not saying let Caucasian people be racist towards other races but it just baffles me how its alright that other races can be racist to a white, I've seen it before in action.

hopefully this doesn't sound to confusing
    Last edited by Adonkavic; 2012-03-25 at 10:55 AM.

This guy is simply a coward. Don't pay attention to him. That's all.

I can surely say he won't even start a fight or stuff like that if he won't be backed up by more friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonkavic View Post
    At my university there is this Hispanic guy who is real arrogant and is a smart ass who thinks he's tough and all that crap. One day he insulted me while I was walking past and I told him off for being an ass and he accuses me for being a racist and that I hate him for being Hispanic when HE actually started this and never said anything about him being Hispanic. I basically then said that isn't racism, but he just ignored me and walked off while calling me a "Mexican hater". I could tell he was serious though.

The point is that I despise people like this who use Racism as a shield and think that if u hate them because of a personality trait that it's considered racist. Anyone else ever have this happen to them before and how did you deal with it? and what is your opinion on people who use racism as a shield and people who use their background heritage as way of rebuttal
    Yes,when i was telling to 2 jews something that they didnt want to hear about their wars with Palestina and other Arab states they called me Nazi even if i didnt mention any Nazi term neither i was using Nazi ideology...I simply just said Israel people should stop killing Palestinians and then i got called Nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that in many cases the people who are victims of racism go to certain lengths to make little things seem like a huge ordeal and thus, indirectly bring it upon themselves. Basically, they unintentionally segregate themselves from different ethnicity's because everyone's afraid they'll offend them and they themselves expect to be the victim of racial slurs.

That's not to say there aren't racist people, I just think a lot of people cry racism when no racism is truly there.

Just tell em "I don't hate you because of your race or culture. I hate you because you are an asshole and a horrible human being. It's not your people, it's just you."

Next tim show him this video

P.S. This video is meant to be funny since this guy made videos for people of all races,this is not meant to be any kind of racism.

edit:Wrong video
    Last edited by Zzodiac; 2012-03-25 at 10:38 AM.

It's a shame that people feel the need to hide behind that 'racism shield', as you put it. I know what you mean. It's essentially a means of asserting dominance: claim racism, people hurl disgust at the accused, and the accuser has gained social standing.

Best thing to do is just not get involved with people like that. Ignore, walk past, don't do anything. Then they have nothing to work with.

Alternatively you could turn around, wink, and say 'love you too, handsome'. It'll confuse them in the least, or maybe expose them as homophobic. Either way works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a transcript for the, "Then I told him off!" part IMO.

Most people grow up in very racialy homogeneous places and it's easy to fall into traps of racisim, once droped into diverse enviroments.

That's not to say he wasn't just pulling the race card though, but that's an odd scenario in a white vs. hispanic arguement.

I duno, do like alot of others have said OP, ignore that kind of buisness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys next time he insults me I'll just ignore him or if it gets real bad I'll just do what Kisho said Its good to know i'm not the only one who hates the whole ideal of people using their race as a means of defense.

Deleted
    If he insults you just call HIM a racist if he wants to play that card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I would just sink down to his level of proclaiming something that has nothing to do with the argument

I've had co-workers like this, and have known people who were like this with religion... Basically, if they have any sort of minority status or belief system, they let it define them, and used it both as their sword and shield.

Didn't get a promotion? Boss is racist.

Someone stole their parking spot? That little old lady is a racist.

Messed up their McDonald's order? It's because the person who made it is racist.

The worst part about this, in my opinion? It's forcing the world to be race-sensitive, instead of being truly open to anyone based on their personal merits.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    It's not just race i think its alot people who are targets for discrimination.
    I know of one employee who is beyond incompetent at his job, but when anything happens he uses the 'your only doing it because im gay'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    I've had co-workers like this, and have known people who were like this with religion... Basically, if they have any sort of minority status or belief system, they let it define them, and used it both as their sword and shield.

Didn't get a promotion? Boss is racist.

Someone stole their parking spot? That little old lady is a racist.

Messed up their McDonald's order? It's because the person who made it is racist.

The worst part about this, in my opinion? It's forcing the world to be race-sensitive, instead of being truly open to anyone based on their personal merits.
    Exactly! thanks for understanding my point

10+ Year Old Account
    Sue him for slander. An accusation of racism has some heavy consequences!
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Wow, that is rude..

Quote Originally Posted by Zzodiac View Post
    Yes,when i was telling to 2 jews something that they didnt want to hear about their wars with Palestina and other Arab states they called me Nazi even if i didnt mention any Nazi term neither i was using Nazi ideology...I simply just said Israel people should stop killing Palestinians and then i got called Nazi.
    thats because your accusations are ridiculous. should they have called you a nazi? no, they should have used ignorant. that seems to describe you a lot better
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    thats because your accusations are ridiculous. should they have called you a nazi? no, they should have used ignorant. that seems to describe you a lot better
    Stop being such a butthurt kid and move along.

Im sick of this crap. Any Israel critic is deemed ignorant or racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    I studied the Middle East for my BA, and to lesser degree on my MA.

Israel is a war warmongering state that stole land from people through violence and fear. You sound utterly silly claiming that he is ignorant.

Try reading More Bad News From Israel, a beginners guide to the conflict and media.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that any critic of Israel is ignorant or racist. I tend to be somewhat critical of it as well. But what I don't do is go to a bunch of Jewish people and tell them my perfect solution for the Middle East. Because /that/ is kinda ignorant. Most Jewish people in the US have never lived in Israel, how exactly are they responsible for what another country is doing?