Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you go to most digital new theaters, they show full High Definition video and audio. The main reason I go is because I have a total and unequivocal love for film. It is one of the last bastions where I can go and enjoy the things that built Hollywood to where it is today. Ever since I was young I have marked down on my calendar when the next big movie was coming out to theaters, so I could make sure and go. I go to see the previews, I go because there is a different feeling being at a midnight release of the next big thing, then there is when I'm at home watching a film, and I go because at the theater more than anywhere else I feel like I am truly connected with the film. The dark, large auditoriums, with every seat facing the screen, seem to block out the distractions of real life and allow everything to kind of disappear, while I fully delve into the world of the film. I would say the only thing that saddens me more recently is going to the movies and having people constantly talking, kids running around, and people texting/answering phone calls. It is destroying the place that I have loved and looked forward to ever since I was a small child. Also, the greed of the production companies and theater owners who continue to increase the prices of tickets and concessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Friends. 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you go to low quality theaters, and there are many that are absolutely stunning both in terms of video and sound... its absolutely amazing having such a massive screen for action movies. But in terms of romances and comedies, there's no way I'll throw down the money.

Also, you definitely didn't hear this from me.... but if you have a purse it isn't hard to buy a massive bag of candy and fill sandwich bags with it, and just sneak it in even if other people see, no one is going to care about it. Same with drinks if you have a purse big enough to hold bottles

The tasty popcorn.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    The general feel of going to the cinemas just beats renting a movie for me, plus if I'm going to see a movie in the cinemas it's generally something I really want to see and isn't available to buy or rent yet.

Going to the cinemas with a few friends, buying food/ drinks to eat well watching the movie etc just the whole experience of going to a movie at the cinemas beats watching it at home on your couch for me. I don't go to the cinemas that often though, only when something really good that I want to see is coming out.

I don't know what sort of cinema you've been to but the ones I frequent have spectacular quality. What makes me go though isn't just the amazing massive screen and the sound I could never produce at home, but the fact that I can see new films as they come out in a dark, encapsulating environment that has a fantastic feel to it.

I resent it when people watch poor dvd rips rather than going to the cinema.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Also, you definitely didn't hear this from me.... but if you have a purse it isn't hard to buy a massive bag of candy and fill sandwich bags with it, and just sneak it in even if other people see, no one is going to care about it. Same with drinks if you have a purse big enough to hold bottles
    In Australia and New Zealand it's not against the rules to bring in out side food Most food I take into the cinema come from a nearby supermarket, I usually buy a drink from the cinema though because I prefer the cup and straw to a bottle, and it's bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbonxz View Post
    Usually if theres a awesome new movie i cant wait to see and there are no decent RIPs of it out on the internet :P
    This + and it's another feeling when you go to watch a new awesome movie, for example I remember when Lord of the rings 3 came out, that was awesome :>
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    See The Hobbit movies wiz me?
    Can you make it to perth =P

15+ Year Old Account
    Friends, when I was younger and needed something to do

But now I just wait to see the movie in a few months, and I'd rather be at the pub with my mates than sat in some dark room with the general public ruining my mood
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

It's the experience. The huge picture, the amazing sound quality, the atmosphere: it's exciting and fun. Also it's a social thing: go with friends, watch the movie, talk about it afterwards.

Sure, it's overpriced and you can occasionally get some idiot ruin the film in the cinema by talking loudly or whatever (rare occurrence for me: it has happened, but not enough times for it to be a huge concern), but overall the good outweighs the bad.

Deleted
    Im a big movie fan.. So I usualy want to see the movie as soon as its released

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been to a cinema in years myself, the local cinema is to small (imo, where I grew up had a freaking huge one in comparison. Made it so much more epic).
    Annoying people with their phones, candy and whatnot that cant seem to shut the hell up.

And ofc, it's expensive as hell.

So i'd much rather wait for it to come on DvD or whatever, and watch it by myself. That way I can actually enjoy the movie :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Every movie is 10000 times better in a movie theatre. The sound, the atmosphere, the smell of popcorn, the cozy seats...
    I can't think of anything I'd love to do more than to see a good movie in a movie theatre.
    this pretty much sums it up

Deleted
    Nothing.
    I have a 42" HD TV with standalone Blu-ray player and a HTPC. all of which is connected into a 7.1 surround sound system
    In the next few months I will be looking at buying a 100" 1080p Projector.

There is absolutely no reason for me to go to the cinema anymore. I dont have to deal with the general public when going out, uncomfortable seating, travel to and from the cinema. I can have friends round. we can smoke without getting thrown out, and generally have more fun than we would if we went out to see a movie.

Sure I wait a few months longer to see the big budget blockbuster movies, but why should I pay close to £30 for tickets, travel, and food for a movie I get to watch once, where I can pay a similar amount and get 2 movies I get to keep ?

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing, cant remember when was last time i went to cinema. vid quality is mediocre , volume is always too loud (especially since hollywood producers started making "whispers and explosions" movies) , fake 3d effect forcing you to wear heavy 3d glasses, theres always someone talking , walking in front of you, noone turns off mobiles anymore... horrid experience

I don't go often. Maybe once a year or so. Mostly to go out and do something with my husband/friends, and it's got to be a movie that either looks really funny or comes from a book/franchise of which I am already a fan.

This is because it's horrendously expensive. Just getting tickets for 2 costs as much as one month's sub to WoW, or two months of Netflix, or several homecooked meals, or half my gas bill. Add in food and even if you go for small sized items it's easily double that. It's just not worth it to me to go more frequently. I'd rather wait till the movie comes out on Netflix and I can watch in the comfort of my own home, with far cheaper snacks, as many friends as I want (or alone if I'd rather), the ability to pause/rewind, and the list goes on and on, really.

Unless friends really feel they need to watch the movie before it is released on dvd I just don't.

sound, action movies rly come alive at cinemas. the sound ofc is the best but also such enormous screen aswell.