fellow ret needs help!

I've been part of a 10 man guild that got 2/8h before dissolving. I just found a great 25 man guild, but they are 6/8 heroic, spine going down this week probably. Is there a simplified guide specifically in the ret paladins perspective somewhere on this forum, or elsewhere? I've got a lot of information to go through before raid on tuesday!

Thanks

Deleted
    Dunno about Ret paladin specifically, you can search for some ret pov if you want to watch that.

Here is a dps guide for spine http://www.icy-veins.com/spine-of-de...g-dps-strategy.

You can check some vids from your guild or on Youtube, other than that I recommend putting another melee dps on focus so you can see what you should be attacking etc. I got thrown into FL hc a while ago and had only seen a few streams of the place but I managed not to cause any wipes and understand the fights in 1 or 2 pulls. If you know someone in your new guild you can simply ask them to sum it up in a few words aswell.
    Last edited by Lepertum; 2012-03-25 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by rahkarn View Post
    I've been part of a 10 man guild that got 2/8h before dissolving. I just found a great 25 man guild, but they are 6/8 heroic, spine going down this week probably. Is there a simplified guide specifically in the ret paladins perspective somewhere on this forum, or elsewhere? I've got a lot of information to go through before raid on tuesday!

Thanks
    Any guild willing to take on someone like this is a pretty nice guild IMO. Honestly, ask a fellow ret pally in the raid (if there is one) or another melee. I have found that rogues unusually know a lot more about fights (maybe because of positioning etc for most of their abilities).

The only fight you'd likely have troubles with is Hagara...and that's just because there is pretty precise placement of standing for the lightening phase. The other ones you can just do what someone said above, /focus a fellow melee and go to town (unless your raid leader/melee leader tells you differently.

Communication is key for all heroic guilds, you should see plenty of it when you go in this week.

Simple run-down:

Yorrsfhdsfggg (idk how to spell): Focus him/her. If it's on farm for this guild, you probably don't even need to switch to the million adds because they'll die to quickly to care. Obviously still switch to the colored goo of choice which will probably be handled by vent or addon.

Zonnnzzzzzey: Murder the blackout phases.

Hagara: What I said above about placement. This should be handled ahead of time by the raid lead. Otherwise, it's pretty much like regular with the exception of getting a debuff on you that throws down a ice patch which slows you down. Most groups dump it in the ditch (the area you shouldn't stand when hagara is casting). Switch to frost tombs when they come out. Oh...and one more thing about the ice walls of death - they are very fast. Run speed ftw. Don't spend too much time on each beacon, just keep moving.

UltraXION: Blow shit up. Use your cooldowns on....cooldown. Prepot. prepot. prepot. Don't button click fail. Most addons for bosses (like DBM) won't tell you to click your button in heroic because 5 people have to stay out on every hour of twilight. Your raid leader will assign everyone at least 1 hour they haveto stay out. This is when you use your bubble to survive! Of course, up to your raid leader to decide for you. The hours cast much quicker, so be on that. Fading light also CAN be quicker (3 seconds...or 2 seconds instead of 7-8). It varies. DBM can count that down for you. Did I mention make sure you have dbm?

Loot ship: Kill trash, sappers, boss, don't be retarded and get hit by smash, collect loots.

Spine: Every group i've been in (not many mind you) has done this differently, just ask.

Deathwing: same as previous.

here's what I've got so far, let me know if I missed something or got something wrong.

Morchock -
    Cooldowns - use as soon as available nowhere near black blood.
    Black blood - gtfo out of this stuff.
    I'll be part of one group that needs to be close enough to take damage from stomp (no problem), also may have to soak stomps (hope not)

yor'sahj -
    cooldowns - use as soon as available not near ooze spawning
    kill ooze called out by raid leader
    spread or stack as called out by raid leader

warlord -
    cooldowns - save for % increase? (not sure here)
    stay with group to bounce and avoid orbs as needed.
    kill adds fast

hagara -
    cooldowns- save for when she's vulnerable
    avoid storm ability in lightning phase by moving out of it
    avoid ice patches from when frostflake is dispelled (run to edge before being dispelled)
    don't get hit by ice walls, stay out of blizzards
    coordinate for the lightning rods (I'll get to sit out for this)

Ultraxion - avoid Hour of twilight unless I am the designated soaker
    avoid fading light

Warmaster - kill melee adds asap, kill sapper asap, soak large twilight blast
    kill gariona asap
    avoid blackhorn's stunner move

Deleted
    warlord -
    cooldowns - save for % increase? (not sure here)
    stay with group to bounce and avoid orbs as needed.
    kill adds fast
    I would just pop cooldowns everytime they are off, it's not like the damage effect is going to disappear. Unless you know for certain how long the fight is going to last, you popping cds on cooldown is the way to go.

avoid storm ability in lightning phase by moving out of it
    ???

Warmaster - kill melee adds asap, kill sapper asap, soak large twilight blast
    kill gariona asap
    avoid blackhorn's stunner move
    ...And don't stand in fire.
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-03-28 at 09:23 PM.