Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767

    Exclamation MOP and the illusion of change

    Nothing is really changing. Blizzard is simply putting a new coat of paint on and hoping you don't realize it. Rotations for all classes are almost exactly the same, almost all abilities are exactly the same and raiding is the exact same idea with new NPC's.

    You expect us to play the nearly the same classes we have been playing for 7 plus years and not be bored? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in the definition of insanity. No wonder why people are leaving your game in droves you refuse to change you would rather lay in the pool of stagnation and watch your game slowly die instead of boldly taking risks and changing things. Jesus would it a few radical ideas really hurt that much?

    You are not even the same company you were before blizzard. You accumulated so much by having the heart and guts to take risks. It is as if you have been blinded by fame and fortune and have forgotten where you came from. Another problem is you refuse to higher anyone with new ideas. You say it may corrupt your talent pool. Is this true or just another cover up because you are afraid of change and don't want new ideas in your company?
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-03-25 at 10:04 PM.

  2. #2
    If you don't like the game, just quit, unsub, and let it go. What is it with you people?

    Let. It. Go.

    Instead, you whine like a teenage girl who didn't get her way, because Blizzard didn't build the game just to suit you.

  3. #3
    I'm not sure Blizz reads MMO-C.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Kaldreno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    163
    Thanks for your opinion. The millions of us who will buy and play MoP also have them. It's fun to think things are a certain way when they're really not!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,975
    There can't be too many changes at one time. The previous expansion pretty much rewrote all of the classes (indeed, hunters moved to a whole new resource system). This time, talent trees are being removed and replaced with new mechanics. In addition, how gear is upgraded is being changed, a new class and race is being introduced, and 7 new zones will appear, each with multiple storylines.

    There is a limit to the amount of changes that should be introduced at once, or it becomes overwhelming for even veteran players.



  6. #6
    OMG it's true!! and also Blizzard is planning to kill all the humanity and sell the planet to the aliens!! we must stop them!

  7. #7
    lol this ppl still arround? u now for hating WOW so much they sure like to talk about it...

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,745
    Sounds to me like you're a grump :P

    Anyway, no one is forcing you to play, I'm not sure why you need to try to convince other people that they shouldn't be excited.

  9. #9
    Have you seen Demo Lock?

  10. #10
    Clearly you want completely another game. So why not go out and buy some different game?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    If you don't like the game, just quit, unsub, and let it go. What is it with you people?

    Let. It. Go.

    Instead, you whine like a teenage girl who didn't get her way, because Blizzard didn't build the game just to suit you.
    nah we both know that they never quit, they just like making more threads

  12. #12
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Posts
    2,050
    Jeebus OP, you are from California, go visit blizz. Be polite, and awesome, and see what happens.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Nothing is really changing. Blizzard is simply putting a new coat of paint on and hoping you don't realize it. Rotations for all classes are almost exactly the same, almost all abilities are the same and raiding is the exact idea with new NPC's.

    You expect us to play the nearly the same classes we have been playing for 7 plus years and not be bored? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in the definition of insanity. No wonder why people are leaving your game in droves you refuse to change you would rather lay in the pool of stagnation and watch your game slowly die instead of boldly taking risks and changing things. Jesus would it really a few radical ideas really hurt that much?

    You are not even the same company you were before blizzard. You accumulated so much by having the heart and guts to take risks. It is as if you have been blinded by fame and fortune and have forgotten where you came from.

    Another problem is you refuse to higher anyone with new ideas. You say it may corrupt your talent pool. Personally I view this as another selfish excuse that you are afraid of new ideas and change.
    Nice job quoting a WoW boss in a context that makes no sense.
    MoP is awesome.

  14. #14
    Hmm, he seems to start out addressing posters, but then starts talking to Blizzard... maybe this would serve better being posted on Blizzard's forums.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    I'm not sure Blizz reads MMO-C.

    I'm pretty sure it does, but addressing them here does make you look foolish regardless.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,661
    If you're bored, just stop playing the game. It's that simple. Go play SWTOR, Rift, D3, Tera or whatever that floats your boat. But stop making pointless thread about it. You don't need to rationalize the fact that you're bored with something.

    I play since BC and I still like this game and even more so when it comes to MoP changes.

  17. #17
    Well.. i looked through started threads by him.. seems like someone doesn't like MoP at all, or atleast is very moody about this one

  18. #18
    ...was I the only one who clicked on this expecting the topic to be about the Orb of Deception in MoP Beta? :P

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Nothing is really changing. Blizzard is simply putting a new coat of paint on and hoping you don't realize it. Rotations for all classes are almost exactly the same, almost all abilities are the same and raiding is the exact idea with new NPC's.
    I didn't know I could battle with my pets and create/manage my own farm in Vanilla.

    Here's the deal - had you posted this 1 year ago, I'd agree with you as Cataclysm was exactly that.

    But now I've seen MoP details... the Anglers, the Tillers, Pet Battles, Loremasters... things are changing with WoW. You just have to take a look at these forums, with the hardcore complaining that they're "wasting resources that could've been used on making 3 new raids", to see this yourself.

    I've played the same class for 7 years and I'm not bored. Why? Because it's what I DO that matters....

    ...that's like saying you've been bored with being a human male for 25+ years and you need a change. Not only can you not change your species, but TBH most don't need to - because what you do is change your ACTIONS.

    I started this game as a fisherman... then I progressed to a quester, then a dungeon crawler, then a hardcore raider, then a PVPer, then a Wintergrasp leader, then a MASSIVE dungeon crawler, then a Cataclysm-hater (^_^), and now I'm back to a fisherman + archaeology and looking forward to exploring a brand-new world.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Nothing is really changing. Blizzard is simply putting a new coat of paint on and hoping you don't realize it. Rotations for all classes are almost exactly the same, almost all abilities are the same and raiding is the exact idea with new NPC's.

    You expect us to play the nearly the same classes we have been playing for 7 plus years and not be bored? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in the definition of insanity. No wonder why people are leaving your game in droves you refuse to change you would rather lay in the pool of stagnation and watch your game slowly die instead of boldly taking risks and changing things. Jesus would it really a few radical ideas really hurt that much?

    You are not even the same company you were before blizzard. You accumulated so much by having the heart and guts to take risks. It is as if you have been blinded by fame and fortune and have forgotten where you came from.

    Another problem is you refuse to higher anyone with new ideas. You say it may corrupt your talent pool. Personally I view this as another selfish excuse that you are afraid of new ideas and change.
    You speak alot to say nothing at all...

    They are changing the game, if they change too much wouldnt be the same game therefore wouldnt make sense to complety remodel it... they have to tweak and add new stuff to keep people interested..

    In fact in all your post u didnt even pointed out anything in particular or shed us some enlightment about what you would improve..

    Therefore your post will be just a troll rant for me..

    have a good night

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,234
    this threads feels kinda like that one you created some days ago, but I see alot of changes but if you thought every class would get a revamp like ret pallys have gone through each expansion your gonna be dissappointed I guess besides aren't all games the same by your standards then? all you do is do something but with a different texture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath
    www.predictthescore.net 18263957 is the code to join the MMO-Champion Mini-League.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •