Thread: Fury vs. Arms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury vs. Arms

Hello All

First to start this off, this is not looking for no info comments just saying blah this spec is better do it.

I hear alot on forums and in game about how Arms is better DPS than Fury, well I am looking for some more information and facts, and going to point out some things I have seen.

I have a 391 iLVL Warrior normally play Fury, but messing a little with Arms.

Decided to run a Simulation Craft set for Ultraxion and Player skill Elite and see what it said both in my Fury and Arms specs and all reforges done to what (www.askmrrobot.com) says to do.

These are the numbers that it came out with

Arms Simucraft says 36805 DPS
    Fury Simucraft says 38138 DPS

Now just looking at that and no other info that is basically telling me that I should put out a little over 1k more dmg as Fury over Arms.

I know alot says Arms is better until Higher Gear levels maybe that is part of where it is effecting me, as said I am 391 and wielding 2 Gurthalak's in Fury. And have the 4 piece Set (3 LFR and 1 397)

Now on a test I did, I put out 38984 on Ultraxion in LFR in Fury this past Tuesday. This number matches pretty close to what Simucraft says I should have done.

I am thinking of trying LFR this week, or even just queuing to test now as Arms to see what numbers I get.

But also wanted to get some opinions of the other Warriors out there.

Note I am not in a major raiding guild we are super casual and do max 2 raids per week, sometimes canceling due to lack of sign ups. We are currently 5 of 8 DS on 10 Man normal, working on the Ship now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just depends on how you play your warrior. Personally I get more dps on Arms than Fury because I macroed my rotation for stance dancing which is around a 2-5% dps increase. Plus it seems there's more options as an Arms than a Fury for me anyways and I find it more fun to play =]

I'm a ilevel 395 Arms Warrior and I hit around 45kish or a little more when fighting Ultrax
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2012-03-25 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abndrew82 View Post
    Hello All

First to start this off, this is not looking for no info comments just saying blah this spec is better do it.

I hear alot on forums and in game about how Arms is better DPS than Fury, well I am looking for some more information and facts, and going to point out some things I have seen.

I have a 391 iLVL Warrior normally play Fury, but messing a little with Arms.

Decided to run a Simulation Craft set for Ultraxion and Player skill Elite and see what it said both in my Fury and Arms specs and all reforges done to what (www.askmrrobot.com) says to do.

These are the numbers that it came out with

Arms Simucraft says 36805 DPS
    Fury Simucraft says 38138 DPS

Now just looking at that and no other info that is basically telling me that I should put out a little over 1k more dmg as Fury over Arms.

I know alot says Arms is better until Higher Gear levels maybe that is part of where it is effecting me, as said I am 391 and wielding 2 Gurthalak's in Fury. And have the 4 piece Set (3 LFR and 1 397)

Now on a test I did, I put out 38984 on Ultraxion in LFR in Fury this past Tuesday. This number matches pretty close to what Simucraft says I should have done.

I am thinking of trying LFR this week, or even just queuing to test now as Arms to see what numbers I get.

But also wanted to get some opinions of the other Warriors out there.

Note I am not in a major raiding guild we are super casual and do max 2 raids per week, sometimes canceling due to lack of sign ups. We are currently 5 of 8 DS on 10 Man normal, working on the Ship now.
    I've run both fury and arms in 10-man raiding, through 8/8 heroic. And like you said, there are tons of fury vs arms threads out there.

The best advice I can give you is try out arms for a week and then form your own opinion of the two. Make sure you have a solid grasp on arms before giving it a go so that the comparison is fair. I would recommend setting up macros for stance dancing as well. Some people will argue its 'not necessary', and I don't understand their logic for this reason: its an identical rotation and you push the same buttons as not stance dancing -- literally almost nothing changes in combat (as long as you are spamming your buttons). Its just a 1-time effort to set it up for an instant, simple, and significant DPS increase.

P.S. my blog and youtube videos cover stance dancing, macros, addons etc for Arms Warriors Check my sig.

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be interested in seeing both the gear profiles for both characters, you should definitely be getting higher numbers as Arms in SimC.
    Also, try setting the fight style to Ultraxion instead of Patchwerk and SimC will simulate extra rage from taken damage!

If you're not very performance-oriented the difference is small enough to play whatever you like the most. Just give Arms a whirl, that's the best way to see what's what.
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-03-25 at 11:56 PM.

Hello

it was set to Ultraxion and here the Armory of my character

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...4vdiger/simple

Gear didn't change between Fury and Arms tests other than taking 1 of the Gurthalak's away. And changed the following reforges to the below over what they are when in fury

Ranged : CritRating -> HitRating
    Neck : HitRating -> MasteryRating
    Chest : HitRating -> MasteryRating
    Hands : HitRating -> MasteryRating
    Waist : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you must have done something wrong with your Arms sim.
    For instance, are you 100% sure you used the correct spec? SimC assumes stance dance and if you try simming it with a spec that doesn't have tactical mastery then the simmed dps is going to suffer a lot.

FWIW I simmed you at ~43k as Arms, 38k as Fury, same as you got.

Maybe my arms side is specced wrong, it was simmed with me in the Arms spec I have on that char which is

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LGbfcRrRurkhb0o

And yeah looking at that spec, I dont see it having Tactical Mastery chosen. I got that from Wowpopular.com.

Didnt think there would be a big difference, guess I need to go see what EJ suggests for Arms.

Yeah even Elitist Jerks spec for arms doesnt have Tac Mastery chosen. Can you link the Spec you suggest.
    Last edited by abndrew82; 2012-03-26 at 01:20 AM.

You did actually think to come to a conclusive comparison using that ...err terribad pvp spec ? Without battletrance, incite and executioner ? Interesting...
    Anyways http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LGMccRMRurkcrZh is the correct one - feel free to put the point from throwdown anywhere you like and shift the points from fielddressing to blitz if you prefer that.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-03-26 at 01:51 AM.

Lol I dont PVP so Had no clue that was a PVP version. Just went with the most popular spec listed, but as I said even EJ suggested one is off from your posted. Will check out now with this one

K seeing a difference now on Sim with that spec. This is what Simulation Craft shows me

41369 dps

Not sure what settings I may not be setting that you are Lohe to be showing 43k

But I think I may run a LFR Ultraxion Tomorrow just to play with it and test out see what I get.

Thanks for the infos all
    Last edited by abndrew82; 2012-03-26 at 02:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    I'm a ilevel 395 Arms Warrior and I hit around 45kish or a little more when fighting Ultrax
    I still wanna know how people can do that when I'm 403 8/8h and finish the fight at 38-39k max.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I still wanna know how people can do that when I'm 403 8/8h and finish the fight at 38-39k max.
    There could be several reasons why you arent hitting 45k+ on Ultraxion. First the obvious spec and glyph aka 3/3 incite and glyph of slam. Make sure ur in a good position for tentacles. Tentacles can be the difference between 40k and 43k.

Make sure ur taking advantage of the extra rage. You should be heroic striking more than u usually would and be using inner rage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crythias View Post
    There could be several reasons why you arent hitting 45k+ on Ultraxion. First the obvious spec and glyph aka 3/3 incite and glyph of slam. Make sure ur in a good position for tentacles. Tentacles can be the difference between 40k and 43k.

Make sure ur taking advantage of the extra rage. You should be heroic striking more than u usually would and be using inner rage.
    Yeah I kinda know all that which is why I don't understand.

Run a comparebot against another warrior with a similar kill time. Compare how many times they use an ability compared to you and how much damage its doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crythias View Post
    Run a comparebot against another warrior with a similar kill time. Compare how many times they use an ability compared to you and how much damage its doing.
    We haven't used wol in like 2 months since we're done with the expansion and all that. >.> Oh well.

Is that 10 or 25 man? On 25 man normal I can do about 45kish on average for Ultraxion. On heroic I average about 43k. I'm not really sure what you're doing wrong, I'm at 401 ilevel. We raid with 3 Arms warriors and we all sit between 41-45k on every attempt.

p.s. on 10 man normal I do about 42k so you must be doing something drastically wrong. I just spam my buttons and watch tv.
    Give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the calm, sane disposition I need to avoid ripping the heads off people who say stupid things when I'm around.
    ----------
    Hokey religions and QQ posts are no match for a good moderator at your side, kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    That sounds fairly low. If you really want to know why you're doing so much less then I suggest you start logging again. After you've logged it either use the comparison tool as suggested and/or post the log in this thread and I'll analyze your performance for you.

Well changed 2 Glyphs to ones I saw others in this post using, and SimC now has me at 43230 for Arms.

Guess next step it to test and log LFR Ultraxion tonight to see where I actually stand, compared to what it says.

Thanks all

Deleted
    Fading Light RNG counts also , at least for my dps.It is different when you got it 3 or 6-7 times during the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc80c87c28cc; 2012-03-26 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    I dont get it, I got 393 and I do only 27k dps... going heroic ultraxion tonight, I use normal rotations my gear seems to be fine and reforged fine and rotation does not fail and yet I see people with with 385 doing god what 30k dps. Amidoinitright?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidros View Post
    I dont get it, I got 393 and I do only 27k dps... going heroic ultraxion tonight, I use normal rotations my gear seems to be fine and reforged fine and rotation does not fail and yet I see people with with 385 doing god what 30k dps. Amidoinitright?
    can't help you without armory and some logs