Heroic Spine: Soaking residues during transition

Hi all, currently my guild is progressing on spine and we were discussing the transition roll to 3rd plate until a question was posed: "Do we need to soak up the residue using the almagations and roll them off?"

The question was posted because we had them stacked to 9 and were posing a threat during the roll, hence we'd like to find out the difference between soaking up or not soaking up the bloods.

Of course, we'll still be killing the bloods to avoid overwhelming bloods at the end, but the bottomline is we want to minimise the damage taken to avoid unnecessary deaths while keeping the bloods at a manageable level.

Deleted
    the difference between soaking and not soaking is a quite big one. you will get 30-50 addspawns in the end right before you will lift 2nd time for 3rd tendon(or even earlier). but i think you can counter it with having massive aoe dmg without lacking dmg on almagations.

Why in the world are you stacking to 9 for the ones you aren't blowing a plate with? That's retarded. They pulse insane AOE damage when they stack to 9. If you feel you must soak that many, soak max 8. That will result in the max # of bloods before it starts AOE'ing, but the tank that's tanking will be taking a lot of damage.

edit: As stated below, if you end up soaking 9+, do what Herecius says below, and do it at the last second. The AOE they tick for is substantial.
    Last edited by clavarnway; 2012-03-26 at 04:13 AM.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

When you soak them, if there's so many stacked that it'll get to 9, you must hold off on soaking until the roll timer is at ~1 second, and then the tank with the amal runs through the bloods and into the safe patch for the roll. The amal should fly off without exploding.

Not soaking any means your blood tank has to start running/kiting the bloods much, much earlier, and makes the probability of instantaneous death much higher for him.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-03-26 at 04:13 AM.

Yes, you should soak bloods in transition. It may no longer be necessary with nerfs but makes a big difference.

Kill the bloods next to the hole you're going to roll in. Tank is last person to run and stack in hole with the 3/4 amalgs on him. Use defensive cooldowns.

edit: you cannot control how many each picks up, some will get 9 and do the aoe pulse but you will only take 1 or 2 ticks if your timing is good.

Thanks for the replies thus far, perhaps I didn't ask clearly in the opening post, but my question is this: Why soak and clear off the residue? Does it have an impact on the 3rd plate later on?

Clearing off the bloods is a no-brainer but soaking and rolling off the residue, is it necessary?

The residue crawls to the holes and reforms into bloods. If you don't clear them off you end up with lots more bloods on the third plate and it becomes much harder to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossix View Post
    Thanks for the replies thus far, perhaps I didn't ask clearly in the opening post, but my question is this: Why soak and clear off the residue? Does it have an impact on the 3rd plate later on?

Clearing off the bloods is a no-brainer but soaking and rolling off the residue, is it necessary?
    You always end up with more bloods on the ground than you actually need. If you don't soak them up and remove them from the fight via rolling off the soaked Amalgamation, they will crawl back into the holes and reform into new bloods. The more you soak each roll the farther you push back the point where there are too many bloods out for the kiting tank to effectively kite them.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    You always end up with more bloods on the ground than you actually need. If you don't soak them up and remove them from the fight via rolling off the soaked Amalgamation, they will crawl back into the holes and reform into new bloods. The more you soak each roll the farther you push back the point where there are too many bloods out for the kiting tank to effectively kite them.
    We've seen many videos where guilds aoe as they're in the hole and whatever gets soaked gets soaked. Is it more beneficial to aoe bloods ahead of time, THEN stack to roll and have the tank come in last or is it fine just doing it in the hole? I've seen both and I'm confused which way would be better.

Deleted
    This boss is easy

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-04-02 at 03:13 PM.

Not sure if you need to kill 9 extra. If you're killing that many bloods, your blood dps are staying there too long, and should be switching to the amalgamation to get it down faster.

Anyone have an answer for this??

We've seen many videos where guilds aoe as they're in the hole and whatever gets soaked gets soaked. Is it more beneficial to aoe bloods ahead of time, THEN stack to roll and have the tank come in last or is it fine just doing it in the hole? I've seen both and I'm confused which way would be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    Anyone have an answer for this??

Its a combination of both
    I always confuse the plates but this is roughly how we do it:

1st burn done, soak the 7-8 bloods on the floor, roll.
    1st plate comes off, one tank kill the low corruption, 2nd tank plus rogue/ret (our case) kills 2nd corruption while range (mostly our demo lock) kills all the bloods that are up, while tank soaks, everyone goes for a roll.
    Here we also kill the bloods while rolling, if you dps to much, they will insta respawn since algamation left the plate, this is NOT needed, just something that stuck with us.

This is all the soaking we're "forced" to do, me and OT however soak once more during going into 3rd plate, but thats more a judgment call on our part and we do it cause we can, not cause its desperately needed

About blood killing, yes its easier to kill them prehand and keep killing some of them to keep damage down on tank.
    You could soak everything during the role in the hole, but its dangerous and most likely cause more bloods to spawn, then to disappear

Edit: About them stacking to 9, yes, it happens, but tell the raid to walk out for roll, once you see the timer, you soak and move into, this way, even if it soaks to 9, you'll take 1-2 aoe pulsings max, and with the raid cd's going out during rolls, you wont notice it, if done correctly
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-04-03 at 12:23 PM.