[Masterfrost] Yet another help me see wtf I'm doing wrong.

Hi everyone arount,

I've been reading quite a lot of posts on the last month and decided to go Masterfrost about 2-3 saves ago.
    After trying to reproduce everything read here and in EJ for twoo weeks I find myself lacking some DPS.

I've been pulling myself to Ultraxion LFR continuously to adapt and check all the mechanics:
    Simcraft says i should be doing aroun 44.5K on a Patchwerk fight in 350 s, and I can't seem to get past the 41k barrier.

While raiding officialy this 3k gap becomes much bigger and I feel i'm not doing everything i can, i managed to rank up in some fights, but when comparing the results i see people with same average ilvl as me pulling much bigger numbers.
    Even that we clreared every encounter I find that disturbing since I allways ask the best of me...

You will find here the log from yesterdays clean up, (sadly i died on ultraxion because someone missed a CD... add

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/03bv5dwwr2zklngy
    And my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dr/Gu/advanced
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-03-15 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Got a log from a LFR Ultraxion kill?

Hi,

I'm working on it atm, i'l ask for permision to upload and post as soon as i get a pug with al buffs and debuffs.
    Thanks for offering your help it will be much apreciated.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 07:51 PM ----------

Got one up from last week:
    /reports/74nqmndylcwmuiwa/sum/damageDone/?s=402&e=653

Working on a new one at this very moment, no luck on the first pug died due tanks not taunting.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:31 PM ----------

This one I just did it,
    Bit better numbers than last week but still lacking... i think
    /reports/6htpt70zwovgcbiv/sum/damageDone/?s=92&e=313
    Last edited by Gusilol; 2012-03-15 at 06:49 PM.

clc dk has a amsterfrost priority option if you need help workin on rotation helps you realize what to do when

Thanks for your reply Deathgrinder
    I've yet to test the addon you suggested but reading it's description I found this:

This is only a base rotation, sort of a starting point. There is allot more that goes into a rotation, and I suggest you read up on that. Wither it be on EJ or some other theory-crafting page.
    -There is going to be some situations where your own judgment is going to be better (Pestilence, refreshing disease before you run out, etc.).
    I can tell you that those twoo lines explain why I decided to post on this forum on the first term; I'm positive that I've got all the facts and experiences on EJ noted, understood, and reproduced but i don't have the same results as other players.

I'll keep working on some more parses and post them ASAP.

Kind regards

Deleted
    Just wondering, when do you use PoF? As soon as It's ready or do you try to use it when you are in a good situation regarding runes and RP? Noticed your DPS dropped like hell to 20K or so shortly after Pillar of Frost.

I usually wait untill i have 2 unholy 1 frost 1 death, so i can OB and HB right away, now that you pointed it, i'm seeing that i should also be somewhere close 100rp maybe?

Sometimes I also find myself resource starved, both RP and runes, maybe this one of those times, can't figure it why thoose 3 - 4 seconds of downtime.
    Last edited by Gusilol; 2012-03-16 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    I'd try and have enough RP for atleast two Frost Strike's, trying to minimize the risk of getting resource starved.

Also, some may disagree, but I find masterfrost simulations kinda BS and I feel that having a haste > Mastery build and intertwining the two playstyles will yield much more reliable DPS concering single target damage(Morchok, Zon'ozz* and Ultraxion) (Yet to try this on Heroic Morchok / Ultraxion because I got loads of gear upgrades in the most recent raid) Though I did give it a go in LFR. - Masterfrost should be the clear winner on the rest.
    Last edited by mmocce36062047; 2012-03-16 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganaza View Post
    I'd try and have enough RP for atleast two Frost Strike's, trying to minimize the risk of getting resource starved.

Also, some may disagree, but I find masterfrost simulations kinda BS and I feel that having a haste > Mastery build and intertwining the two playstyles will yield much more reliable DPS concering single target damage(Morchok, Zon'ozz* and Ultraxion) (Yet to try this on Heroic Morchok / Ultraxion because I got loads of gear upgrades in the most recent raid) Though I did give it a go in LFR. - Masterfrost should be the clear winner on the rest.
    Sorry for the downtime and the lack of response, it was quite impolite from me.
    I've been away moving to a new house and today I've just restarted my routine.

Returning to the topic, I tried what you suggested I also swapped some key binds to be able to ERW faster when pots + CD are popped.

I also noticed that I always used to spend too much l RP on Frost Strikes and I was usually at 20 to 40 Rp so when a no rime / runes period hapened I could only FS once or even none; now I always try to keep a 60 to 70 RP pool for this situation.

I could push a bit better dps but still 1,5 - 2k under the stated by the simtool.

I guess it will just take some more practice.
    As soon as I get my new DSL line I'll join an LFR and post an Ultraxion kill with results.

Thanks for all the help provided.