Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tank her near the back wall in Phase 1, and when she goes to take off shift to cat and dash after her with Berserk. That was the only time I went cat, and I managed just over 500k between rake, rip, shred and ravage!. That gives you a massive headstart for p2. The rest is just swipe/thrash/swipe/FFF standing underneath her, or even kitty swipe if there's nothing around for rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    or even kitty swipe if there's nothing around for rage.
    How have i never thought of this... i just stood there and FF'd like a retard when i was out of rage.
    Thank you.

To be fair, it barely hits harder than FFF does. It's only really useful because TF is always up for it, so you can always fire 4 off quickly.

I've even used berserk on it in 10 before, because there's nothing else to use that CD on . If nothing else, 25 made that phase a bit more interesting, there was almost never a break from the adds.

does the mount drop from 10man version? And can u do it as moonkin,, clear the adds as feral before u pull, clear the eggs, burn down her in p1, put dots on her and hots on u and take down adds and then plan so u can have CDs for p3, and burn her down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    does the mount drop from 10man version? And can u do it as moonkin,, clear the adds as feral before u pull, clear the eggs, burn down her in p1, put dots on her and hots on u and take down adds and then plan so u can have CDs for p3, and burn her down?
    I haven't tried Onyxia, but i tried soloing Archavon as moonkin in the beginning of cata and that didn't work out very well.
    Swapping to feral just makes it so much easier.

I do think you would be able to survive for quite a while, but in the end i think you will take to much damage then your mana pool will allow you to heal up, that was at least the problem i had on Archavon.

And yes, the mount drops in both 10 and 25, although maybe at a somewhat higher rate in 25 but i'm not to sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    o.0 How are you getting her down so fast? My first (and admittedly ONLY) successfull solo kill ended up takeing just under 25 minutes. With only Thrash, Swipe and Faerie fire able to hit her in the air, and only if you are always right under her, it just took forever.

I just said screw it, and now 2 man it with a ranged dps friend. She dies in like 3 minutes.
    Tank her as far as possible from her flight point.
    Once she starts moving, go cat, pop spint, berserk, potion and dps her like hell. Refresh rip(with fb) and rake before she is too high.
    I guess my best result was around 45%, so its just 5% before she lands again, so the fight is even faster than 10 minutes - 7-8 minutes most likely.
    Vial of Shadows helps a lot. It procs from swipe and thrash, doing quite a lot damage on flight phase.

Also I start the fight in cat form and stay in cat form until my HP drops below 50k. In p3 I dps in cat form a lot as well. I have bis gear, so if you don't, everything can be a little bit different for you. But there is no doubt that you should kill her in 15 minutes tops.

In 25man you can't burst her down while she moves, like in 10man. 25% is 4.5 million HP. 4.5 million HP while only using thrash, swipe and fff and killing mobs in the same time could be very, very time consuming.

So lets just wait for MoP, Heart of the wild allows us to become boomkins for 45 seconds, it will be just enough to bring her back to the ground.
    Also I'm not quite sure that 25man got better drop rate than 10man.

can u do it as moonkin?
    You're welcome to try, but I don't think moonkin would work out well. You're going to get the initial whelp rush regardless, and fears are NOT going to be fun in p3.
    Remember you've got ~2M to burn through in each ground phase on 10, and she doesn't hit too softly (25 was ~18k/hit on a bear, or probably ~40k+on a chicken).

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    You're welcome to try, but I don't think moonkin would work out well. You're going to get the initial whelp rush regardless, and fears are NOT going to be fun in p3.
    Remember you've got ~2M to burn through in each ground phase on 10, and she doesn't hit too softly (25 was ~18k/hit on a bear, or probably ~40k+on a chicken).
    Just did it as a bear, i took me 30min to take her down. Wasnt that good at positioning under her so i can do swipe/trash so it took me some timer, perhaps when i get better gear and better at it it will take less time.

didnt got mount ;(

Ok, just tried Onyxia in 25man.

Its definitely possible.
    Phase1
    First I tried it in my normal DPS haste gear, but she killed me at ~70%(12 seconds before my second FR was ready). Had to reforge to mastery. With mastery reforge it was really simple.

Phase2.
    Handling whelps is easy. As in 10man they do close to no damage - everything goes to shields.
    Handling Guards is different. They have 600k health and they spawn really fast. Every time you kill first one, second one spawns. Half of the fight you will have 2 of them simultaneously. They don't hit you hard themselves, but they put debuf on you, so onyxia firebolts hit harder and you have to avoid onyxia breath at all cost.
    But the worst thing out of it - you don't have time to dps onyxia. You have to focus adds and dps them all the time.

I checked combatlog and realized that my actual dps to onyxia was just 1k dps. It means that you need to spend at least 1.5 hour to kill her. While doing everything perfect. And if you don't have BiS gear, like I do, it will take you even more time(well, most likely you will be just overwhelmed by guards anyway)

I like to do interesting things, but this is too long for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Pretty much this. I'm personally thinking it's a case of "I couldn't do it, so that must mean it's IMPOSSIBRU!" but who knows.

I wonder if he knows it's possible to solo 25m Flame Leviathan.

OT: Braindwen saves the day. Looks like it's about an hour in good gear.
    That is definatly possible. I soloed 25m FL during t11 in normal epics with clever use of chopper and catapults. Basically a modified version of Raegwyns 10man tactic. It's probably a facerollable fight theese days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsius View Post
    That is definatly possible. I soloed 25m FL during t11 in normal epics with clever use of chopper and catapults. Basically a modified version of Raegwyns 10man tactic. It's probably a facerollable fight theese days.
    Oh I know, it was a joke cause the guy's only "argument" was "SHE HAS SO MUCH HP! IMPOSSIBRU!" lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    What are you 12? Onyxia alone has 23m health plus counting the adds health the fight would take ages. Her health plus all the adds health could be like 30m+ Health...Just not soloable. Infact i don't even think anybody has solod 25 Onyxia yet. Especially as tank i mean do the math just don't have enough DPS to be able to solo it.

Grats on making yourself look ignorant and obnoxious though.
    And with no threat of dying if playing smart she can be soloed and has in fact been soloed.

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. 1 hour for a fight is nuts! Congrats!