Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is anyone else..

..worried that this tanking glyph/changes/whatever it is will become the focal point of feedback from the general public and all the reroll classes wanting to tank as a demo lock?

I remain unconvinced that demo will become a raid ready and queable tank. The move strikes me as an strange, and maining a lock since vanilla, my gut instinct tells me there will be a lot of disappointed folks when Mists ships. Like the rest of you I nearly fell out of my chair reading some of the new changes and seeing some of them first hand, but it is easy to jump the gun and ride the speculation train into blissfully happy land. Maybe its the beaten dog in me but I remain pessimistic.

I am very excited for the changes and I am looking forward to getting in there and actually getting my hands dirty, but I feel that not enough locks are focusing on what we have been for nearly 7 years. A pure dps class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this meta tanking was intended by blizzard. The glyph is just way too powerful and I expect it to be toned down. I do not desire to tank in meta at all. I expect it to be a nice glyph for soloing and maybe some encounters where a semi-tank is needed.
    Demos changes look way to amazing to ruin them by making it a tank spec.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Although it would be fun and the idea is fun to think about, I agree. I don't think it is intended the way everyone is thinking, but that is just my opinion and I could very well be eating my words when we actually get a blue response regarding this change.

It's always the way. A beta change occurs, people get over-excited about it, then Blizz change their mind and people go 'OMGWTF BLIZZ?! NERFING FUN!!!', even though they never actually had the change in the first place.

Warlock Tanking sure sounds cool, but yeah: people really shouldn't get attached to it. It may change, and almost certainly will: it's a pretty huge change, so will doubtless go through many iterations before Blizz thinks it's 'right'.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    I don't think this meta tanking was intended by blizzard. The glyph is just way too powerful and I expect it to be toned down. I do not desire to tank in meta at all. I expect it to be a nice glyph for soloing and maybe some encounters where a semi-tank is needed.
    Well it would be optional, not mandatory, to tank as demo. So I don't see an issue by creating an option to do more with a certain spec. Turning it to a tank only spec, yes I could understand some peoples anger. But a dps spec having the ability to also tank can only make the people better and desirable to more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people are saying its not intended not even blizzard knows whats happening with this etc etc etc...i have said it a few other times on other forums threads etc...they did specifically state: " and we are making some changes to major glyphs that may surprise and amaze players" ( im paraphrasing ) ... iunno man i remain quite convinced that they are taking the roles and specs into a new era...i reckon they are testing the water with bringing in things like a holy dps tree for priests maybe shockadins again ( less OP though ) tanking / 2h shamans? theres a world of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Well it would be optional, not mandatory, to tank as demo. So I don't see an issue by creating an option to do more with a certain spec. Turning it to a tank only spec, yes I could understand some peoples anger. But a dps spec having the ability to also tank can only make the people better and desirable to more people.
    So would that same dual-purpose spec be the same thing that they removed from both Druids and Death Knights ?
    It does not work, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It's always the way. A beta change occurs, people get over-excited about it, then Blizz change their mind and people go 'OMGWTF BLIZZ?! NERFING FUN!!!', even though they never actually had the change in the first place.
    This is why I think beta content should keep NDA until the xpac ships.
    ~~Calm Down~~

I think it was yet another cocktease move by Blizzard like giving Enh Shammies the Rockbiter weapon.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Whilst it is obviously massively overtuned atm, personally I hope we are going to go live with the ability to tank and the support to tank from Blizzard (able to queue as a tank etc..). If it isn't intended then I think Blizzard have made a huge marketing mistake due to the number of disappointed locks there will be.
    Having said this I am trying not to get my hopes up as I am very cynical nowadays. Also when I get into beta I am going to focus my feedback on the dps side of locks as like the OP I am a little concerned that all the feedback Blizzard get about locks will be regarding tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't ruin the competitive dps aspect of demonology, I am fine with it. But I somehow fear it would ruin demonology dps, since they'd have to balance one spec around two roles.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There are an awful lot of abilities created and fleshed out for it to not be viable. Yeah, in beta it's OP, but those are numbers. People need to look a the IDEA and MECHANICS more.

I for one am going to get excited to the max. What's the point of guarding yourself against the mighty blizzard nerf hammer blow? If it happens, worry about it then.

Get excited about things. It's life, and it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    I would agree with you, but the fact that you start with 200 fury when going meta tells me otherwise. If they intended for it to be only for dps, it would be more likely that you would have to build fury from 0. Starting with 200 gives you the ability to shadowflame right off the bat for getting initial aggro.

And the glyph is definitely going to be tuned down a bit. Right now it boosts damage done and reduces damage taken, where it should only provide damage reduction. Soloed almost every heroic so far minus a few bosses that have mechanics that you can't get around with just 1 person.

At first I wasn't keen on the idea of making locks able to tank, I HATED tanking twin emps/leo/illidan, but having played around with it for a while I really hope it goes through, it's pretty fun. Kind of like paladin tanking at the moment though, not many buttons to hit to keep aggro. All you have to do is immo aura, shadowflame, HoG, and harvest life to victory.

Exactly. It will change and blizzards intent with the glyph is still unclear.

I am more concerned with the rest of the class which so far seems to be just a shadow of concern compared to all the demo tank speculation/celebrating. Why does haunt cost a soulshard? 40% increased damage? Thats a ton of increased damage on a resource system that we will not be able to keep 100% uptime on. As it stands now, with MG cutting dot duration in half, haunt with no cooldown and costing a shard, we either have to use fel flame to refresh corruption and ua in order to keep haunt close to 100% uptime. Making the soulshard glyph a must have, and effectively making drain soul part of our rotation when we deplete our shards. What about Destro? Immolate still has no dispell protection. A 4 second soulfire cast? Good luck getting that off in any type of organized pvp, which leaves ember tap and fire and brimstone to burn embers with, or you basically kill yourself with fire. That just sounds bad.

Who cares? It's a fucking tanking glyph. I want to tank god damnit!
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I welcome the change. I hate being in melee as a caster to max dps.

From what i have seen and read, I honestly cant wait for the change. Now dont get me wrong, the glyph, as it currently stands is bugged (dmg not being reduced), and op (at max demo fury, not even lvl 90 guards of cities can kill at 85). It does need to be toned down, and ctc needs to become involved, but I think they hit the nail on the head for demo tank.

And no, its not semi tanking at all... u either tank or you dont. That glyph makes it so that it is a tank. You cannot change ur glyphs mid combat, so its not like being a cat druid and going bear for to tank for a moment in osh*t moments, its a demo lock, cutting his dps so that he can tank. As a person with all the tanks at max lvl, I cant wait to play this one. Brewmaster, ehhhh hate the lore, but ill eventally lvl my tanuki.

And your concerns with the other specs will definately be met... Because alot of people simply hated playing Demo for this entire expansion thanks to the dg/meta/masta bug

i hope it stays in till mop i would love tanking on my lock.!

did at least anyone here think about it´s impact on PVP?

At least i begin to fear locks again when i hear:

"Right now it boosts damage done and reduces damage taken" /quoted from #13 Anemonae

Shamans aswell have several abilities that would make them into tanks, if they somehow made one of their stat into mitigation and if they had more threat.
    Yet, ive seen no moves from blizzard that they are gonna make them into tanks.

So no, I don't think Blizz will actually go the way to make Demo into tanking.
    I kinda wish they would though.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    did at least anyone here think about it´s impact on PVP?

At least i begin to fear locks again when i hear:

"Right now it boosts damage done and reduces damage taken" /quoted from #13 Anemonae
    You should, here's a video of me destroying a shaman after letting him beat on me.