Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    Who cares? It's a fucking tanking glyph. I want to tank god damnit!
    This is the exact sentiment I am afraid of. Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Shamans aswell have several abilities that would make them into tanks, if they somehow made one of their stat into mitigation and if they had more threat.
    Yet, ive seen no moves from blizzard that they are gonna make them into tanks.

So no, I don't think Blizz will actually go the way to make Demo into tanking.
    I kinda wish they would though.
    But the Glyph turns mastery into a mitigation stat.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    did at least anyone here think about it´s impact on PVP?

At least i begin to fear locks again when i hear:

"Right now it boosts damage done and reduces damage taken" /quoted from #13 Anemonae
    That's a bug, in the beta, you know? The place they use to find and iron out bugs.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    This is the exact sentiment I am afraid of. Thanks for proving my point.
    And what was your point exactly? That you're afraid people will enjoy Warlock tanking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masith View Post
    Having said this I am trying not to get my hopes up as I am very cynical nowadays. Also when I get into beta I am going to focus my feedback on the dps side of locks as like the OP I am a little concerned that all the feedback Blizzard get about locks will be regarding tanking.
    After those years are any non-cynical locks out there?

Me personally lost confidence in Blizz competence years ago and I'm not going to look for it.

Developers' resources are limited thus this tanking effort can screw much of the rest of the class. On the other hand, if they could make it working ...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss T View Post
    Developers' resources are limited thus this tanking effort can screw much of the rest of the class.
    Exactly this. This is what most of us that have stuck with the class do not want.
    Last edited by Mindcrime; 2012-03-26 at 11:39 AM.

Exactly this. This is what most of us that have stuck with the class do not want.
    Come on, Warlocks are getting the biggest overhaul of any class and some of the coolest new tricks, they obviously devoted some resources to us this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    And what was your point exactly? That you're afraid people will enjoy Warlock tanking?
    No. Im afraid that some of the glaring issues that affliction and destruction currently have in the beta are taking a back seat to "HOLY CRAP WE CAN TANK NOW".

To me it looks like out of top warlocks it is at least 50-50. Granted we have more reservations on a whole than "YIPPIE" partly because we know of how bad Blizzard can fuck us over in less than a second.

But it looks like most of us would like, rather than dislike, some of these changes.

... and also, there are issues with demonology (tank AND dps), affliction, and destruction, all of which are buggy. I'd say give it at least another build to figure out what's going on, because everything seems so bugged and confusing at this moment. I don't even think they've finished all the glyphs or updated their official talent calculator yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So would that same dual-purpose spec be the same thing that they removed from both Druids and Death Knights ?
    It does not work, simple as that.
    so you show up in every thread posting the same stuff

actually it´s like a whole new spec, because you get new skills in exchange for existing ones, not like you could use all dd skills the way dds can use them

you know that there were druids who wanted to tank in vanilla but weren´t able, and you know that there were dk´s who wanted to tank...

now there are warlocks who want to tank, of course it would generate more tanks, i don´t know how much, but it will generate more tanks

i want to be a warlock tank, ever since they introduced meta, i don´t want to play another class to be able to tank, but i will if my warlock gets the abilities, just because i still want to play my warlock, not because i desperatly want to play a tank

still i´m like the op not quite sure unless it´s live or confirmed by blizzard

but i love that blizzard keeps introducing new stuff to the classes, even if they sometimes mess up big time, i don´t want to be a pet-sacing debuffing sboltspambot like i was in bwl again, and with this glyph they show how gamechanging glyphs could be, up to the point where different specs aren´t really needed anymore, you just add the glyphs you want and here you go
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    To me it looks like out of top warlocks it is at least 50-50. Granted we have more reservations on a whole than "YIPPIE" partly because we know of how bad Blizzard can fuck us over in less than a second.

But it looks like most of us would like, rather than dislike, some of these changes.

... and also, there are issues with demonology (tank AND dps), affliction, and destruction, all of which are buggy. I'd say give it at least another build to figure out what's going on, because everything seems so bugged and confusing at this moment. I don't even think they've finished all the glyphs or updated their official talent calculator yet.
    Yup. Don't get me wrong, tanking in demo sounds fun as hell. I love my prot warrior and actively tank our alt raids, but I agree with you that a lot of us are holding out on what emotion to express because we all know how fast blizzard can fuck us over.

I will be happy either way, if this hybridization is implemented right. Key word right. All we can do right now is wait for a blue to tell us what they hell they are thinking with this one and wait for a new build to better analyze the three specs.

In all honesty, going into Mists ill just be happy that I can clear up some keybinds.
    Last edited by Mindcrime; 2012-03-26 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Shamans aswell have several abilities that would make them into tanks, if they somehow made one of their stat into mitigation and if they had more threat.
    Yet, ive seen no moves from blizzard that they are gonna make them into tanks.

So no, I don't think Blizz will actually go the way to make Demo into tanking.
    I kinda wish they would though.
    Dont lose hope...its called testing...they aren't going to throw new glyphs at each class straight away...they are testing it with warlocks if its successful they will do it for other specs...( holy dps priest tanking shamans...melee based x spec ranged based y spec etc. )

obviously they are trying something very new - role change through glyphing is pretty radical design. if you remember a blizz post a while back, one of their thoughts was that they could give all pures a second role, but they weren't sure they wanted to lose a dps spec to do it. this is what they came up with. no idea of whether or not this will go live in MoP, but we will see it again, and with more classes

Deleted
    ..worried that this tanking glyph/changes/whatever it is will become the focal point of feedback from the general public and all the reroll classes wanting to tank as a demo lock?

I remain unconvinced that demo will become a raid ready and queable tank. The move strikes me as an strange, and maining a lock since vanilla, my gut instinct tells me there will be a lot of disappointed folks when Mists ships. Like the rest of you I nearly fell out of my chair reading some of the new changes and seeing some of them first hand, but it is easy to jump the gun and ride the speculation train into blissfully happy land. Maybe its the beaten dog in me but I remain pessimistic.

I am very excited for the changes and I am looking forward to getting in there and actually getting my hands dirty, but I feel that not enough locks are focusing on what we have been for nearly 7 years. A pure dps class.
    Loads of bads have been rerolling warlock since this info was released, this is just a cheap gimmicky way to get more casuals to play lock and its working as intended. I want this glyph to be a solo old content glyph, I did not choose and put over a hundred days into my character to play a hybrid class.

EDIT: corrected days into hours.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2012-03-27 at 10:00 AM.

The move strikes me as an strange, and maining a lock since vanilla, my gut instinct tells me there will be a lot of disappointed folks when Mists ships.
    Agree, however being a player who always enjoyed loltanking with my warlock I welcome this change.
    Ah the good old days of 15 warlocks into UBRS, that was funny stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Loads of bads have been rerolling warlock since this info was released, this is just a cheap gimmicky way to get more casuals to play lock and its working as intended. I want this glyph to be a solo old content glyph, I did not choose and put over a hundred hours into my character to play a hybrid class.
    This is probably above all else what concerns me the most. The fotm crowd will become the voice to blizzard about what needs to take priority for warlocks, and im afraid demo tanking will be it. I will be very upset if this is the case and blizzard spends its entire resources on making demo the best and most fun tank ever, leaving affliction, destruction and demo dps in the dust. I have hundreds of hours on my warlock all of which have spent mastering my class as a pure dps. I have other classes if I want to heal or tank, and although the idea of a demo tank sounds fun and refreshing the likely hood of them being able to balance the entire class AND balance a single spec with a hybrid tank/dps just isn't likely. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played a lock for very long.

Honestly what I think may happen (and I would indeed welcome this) is that the glyph turns out to be meant as a "funny" glyph: warlocks won't be able to queue as tank and will be sub-optimal tanks for harder content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Honestly what I think may happen (and I would indeed welcome this) is that the glyph turns out to be meant as a "funny" glyph: warlocks won't be able to queue as tank and will be sub-optimal tanks for harder content.
    Would seem more logical to me if that was the case. But..you..know they might add a completely separate tree called Demon Hunting, marking the first pure dps class into a hybrid in the history of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Loads of bads have been rerolling warlock since this info was released, this is just a cheap gimmicky way to get more casuals to play lock and its working as intended. I want this glyph to be a solo old content glyph, I did not choose and put over a hundred hours into my character to play a hybrid class.
    Over a hundred hours?!? Wow, that's amazing.

I've got over 8,500 hours on my warlock. I've tanked Twin Emps, Ouro, Leotheras, Capernian, Illidan, and Lady Sacrolash. And I'll tell you what, I'd be delighted to be able to tank for my guild if and when the need arose. I'm not talking about 'taunt and run', or 'tank a 5 man', or 'solo old content'. As for 'bads' rerolling to warlock in record amounts, we've always had bads in this class, and every other class. There will always be bads playing a class they think is FotM... and they will play it badly just like Fire Mages who don't understand haste thresholds or Rogues who don't use TotT on cooldown. And whether they play badly or well, it won't have one bit of influence on my gameplay.

The only thing that will influence my gameplay, or your gameplay, or every other serious warlock's gameplay will be if we settle for the same old same old instead of actual improvements to mechanics, rotations, and abilities, and new options to play the class we love. If people complain enough about the bads that might roll warlock because they think it's FotM until Blizzard removes everything that's pleasurable and well thought out about the class and bads run away from it in droves, are you really going to be happy? Really?

Blizzard: I was very despondent about the warlock class, mostly because it looked like you were flailing away with no direction. You did have a direction that is now pretty obvious and it makes alot of the survivability talents make sense now... and I'm more excited to play my lock (and WoW) then ever before. Fix the damage input and damage output of Meta-tanking. Give Destro a good and worthwhile Bane and figure out how to make GoSacrifice / Destructive Influence work to eliminate the 4 second Soul Fires. Do those things and I'll be happy to play MoP with warlock as my main for another 360 days.

What im expecting is, for it to be nerfed, and for it to be used as a emergency, e.g. tanks go down, they need a battle ress, but the encounter is that hard hitting or w/e they can't ress be at 90% health with only a hand full of buffs, otherwise their going down again, so the meta warlock takes over for 30 secs while the tank gets rebuffed and topped up
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    What im expecting is, for it to be nerfed, and for it to be used as a emergency, e.g. tanks go down, they need a battle ress, but the encounter is that hard hitting or w/e they can't ress be at 90% health with only a hand full of buffs, otherwise their going down again, so the meta warlock takes over for 30 secs while the tank gets rebuffed and topped up
    Please, read before posting the same wrong impression about the whole demo tanking thread. You CANNOT change glyphs mid-combat, no one starts a fight thinking:
    "oh, well, i ll do 40% of my supposed dmg output just to make sure if the tank dies i can taunt the boss while someone else is ressing/buffing him".

(Sorry for my terrible english)

It's like Felguard being introduced all over again. They will nerf the shit out of this.