Deleted

Chose between two packs (mostly about the motherboards)

so er, hey.

I got given a sum on money and chose to spend it on my comp as it's pretty outdated:
    Sorry if some info that is needed is not shown, i can get it if needed.
    OS XP 32.bit.

Summary
    CPU
    Memory
    Storage
    Motherboard
    Video

I can use £300 on up-grades with some ley-way if needed.
    After some looking around on Scan and Cloacked, i came across two packs that look like what i need.

Overclocked
    Scan

Your advise on this would be awesome, don;t want to buy one knowing i could have gotten better for cheaper and all that.
    Last edited by mmoc608cbe8d0e; 2012-03-26 at 12:07 AM.

Scan VB20i thats where my money would go it leaves a upgrade path open to ivy bridge when it comes and is a good overclocker .....as the amd doesnt just some food for thought
    You Can't C Me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    Scan VB20i thats where my money would go it leaves a upgrade path open to ivy bridge when it comes and is a good overclocker .....as the amd doesnt just some food for thought
    cool, okay man.

I up-dated my post slightly, gave more info if it's relevant.

Could also take Scan's VB10i and save the rest of the money for better graphics card. That AMD Llano pack from Overclockers has practically the same graphics card as you do already, and will suck donkey balls in all MMORPGs. VB10i set will honestly do about 3-4 times higher framerate in WoW than the AMD Llano.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Could also take Scan's VB10i and save the rest of the money for better graphics card. That AMD Llano pack from Overclockers has practically the same graphics card as you do already, and will suck donkey balls in all MMORPGs. VB10i set will honestly do about 3-4 times higher framerate in WoW than the AMD Llano.
    6670 can easily handle WoW maxed. Pretty much -any- dedicated card from the last 3 years can. My secondary machine's 6770 gets a whopping 40% usage during heavy raid combat.

Also, no matter which way you cut it, he's not going to see 300-400% performance gains with an i3 2100. What are you even trying to base that off of?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/399?vs=289

In addition, the Llano K series can easily overclock, and I bet some would argue for his budget that hybrid crossfire with the 6670 and Llano's GPU would be a better option (for the majority of DX11 games) than a 2120 and a cheapie GPU. If anything, they would be extremely close outside of CPU bound games, and even then, you're only seeing a 25%~ increase on stock settings.

It's a toss up depending on what games he's interested in.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    6670 can easily handle WoW maxed. Pretty much -any- dedicated card from the last 3 years can. My secondary machine's 6770 gets a whopping 40% usage during heavy raid combat.
    I guess that depends on what your definition of maxed is. Most games don't push GPU's to the max yet they differ in frame rates. Personally I think you forgot the asterisk.

OP already has R5670 so it would be braindead to buy R6670 in the pack which is basically the same card, maybe 10% faster. And AA you cant push up from 1x without 6770 choking in raids... So much for maxed...

Also, no matter which way you cut it, he's not going to see 300-400% performance gains with an i3 2100. What are you even trying to base that off of?
    Performance in 25man raids...

It's a toss up depending on what games he's interested in.
    No it really isnt when the graphics card is unnecessary.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.