Shadow Graphical Updates

I noticed a few people in game talking about the Warlock Pet, Warlock Fire and Moonkin model potential updates, and remembered I'd seen a few votes for Shadow, specifically Shadowform, updates. I'm curious, at this point in time, do any of you feel like you'd actually want that (now or ever)?

If yes, why?

If not, why?

If undecided, well, duh, why?

-

For myself, I'm unsure, and it's because when I first rolled Shadow, I didn't do it for a specific role. I saw a Priest in Shadowform, I dropped everything I was doing on my Mage, abandoned it completely, that mage doesn't even exist anymore, and I rolled my Priest. Back before BC they were my first max level character, and they've been my first to max every expansion since. And it was all about the visuals. Shadow's visuals are very, very important to me. Some people try and separate them out and say, the graphics are less important than how it plays.. well, for most classes I'd agree, but when it comes to Shadow? I don't. The visuals don't hold less or more weight that the mechanics of Shadow for me, they hold equal, absolutely equal, weight.

So I'm undecided. On one hand, graphical updates sound great. On the other hand, what if I don't like them? What if I look at they've done to the aspect of Shadow that first drew me to a Priest, first drew me to the Specialization, and I don't like the new graphics? That would be a major deal breaker for me. Because Shadow isn't just mechanics to me, it's that Aesthetic, that feel, that presence that no other Class or Specialization in the game has for me.

But that's me.

-

What about you guys?

Any career shadowpriest who says appearance isn't important is a filthy liar.

Personally I'm okay with getting some graphical updates (even though I think Shadowform is and has always been perfect and awesome), but I do hope they don't dilute the core aesthetic with something weird or fringe, like ravens or shadow butterflies or whatever. I was even a little iffy about Archangel wings, even though they've grown on me. For me it's always been about pure shadow, silence and emptiness, an absence of life and light. It has nothing to do with demons, death, animals, nature, moonlight, or anything else. The spells imply vampirism and psychic powers, so if anything, graphical updates should reflect those characteristics. But if my vote counts for anything I'd avoid even those themes.

Call me crazy but I would like the Shadowform to be completely changed. You see I would prefer the Shadowform to be a combination of a Dark Aura Dragonball Z Style combined with you being a shadowy thing with Red Eyes and of course a trail of Purple Fire on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Any career shadowpriest who says appearance isn't important is a filthy liar.

Personally I'm okay with getting some graphical updates (even though I think Shadowform is and has always been perfect and awesome), but I do hope they don't dilute the core aesthetic with something weird or fringe, like ravens or shadow butterflies or whatever. I was even a little iffy about Archangel wings, even though they've grown on me. For me it's always been about pure shadow, silence and emptiness, an absence of life and light. It has nothing to do with demons, death, animals, nature, moonlight, or anything else. The spells imply vampirism and psychic powers, so if anything, graphical updates should reflect those characteristics. But if my vote counts for anything I'd avoid even those themes.
    Yeah, I can see just about all of that. Your note on the archangel wings struck home, because, while I've gotten used to it, I still look sometimes look at it and think, "Why do I occasionally black cardboard wings strapped to my back, and why are they vibrating?"

Heh.

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind some better way to make the particle effects on our gear in shadow form a bit brighter so they don't look muted, or maybe a funky shadowy trail, but the exact shadowform and purply mist needs to stay!

15+ Year Old Account
    I like shadowform just the way it is. The idea with ravens and shadow butterflies and such to me is more about replacing the existing additions of shadow orbs (orbs are a shaman thing that lack character to us imo), and archangel wings and such.

Don't hate on my Void Butterflies, Annesh! ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I thought your title was about the new shading/shadow graphics being added to the game. >.<