Poll: Raids! Single size, dual size with shared, or dual size with seperate content?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Vote would have to be one size... 15 players.

LFR/Normal/Heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    This is a dictionary definition of an oxymoron. We're talking about changing raid sizes and you take for granted ..the current raid sizes.
    Why this is an oxymoron???
    I said the given group that does “dungeons”. It can be 5, 6, or even 7 (not realistic). Once it is defined, it is the “given” group.
    The given group that does “small” raids. Small raids are 10 today, but they could also be 12 (2x6) or even 15 (3X5).
    The given group that does “large” raids. It is 25 today, but it could be also 20 (4X5), 24 (4X6), 30 (6X5 or 5X6), and it has been in the past even 40!

Thus I am not taking for granted the current state since I am not talking about numbers.
    I merely implied that ideally all those 3 situations describe a “group”, but later in my post I am arguing that it is essential each of the groups above to be a prerfect multiplier of the smallest, the “core” group.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Single size for all raids. 15 mans maybe???? With LFR, Normal, and Heroic Modes on separate lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    My Vote would have to be one size... 15 players.

LFR/Normal/Heroic
    Your opinions suggest a perfectly viable raid system, infinitely better than the one we have today.

End quote

But to conclude:
    I will not say that it is the best, or the only one, but I will insist that it is BETTER.

I wouldn’t mind if the company thinks that many will feel uncomfortable by going to one size, to keep dual size but replace 10/25 model with:

A 12/24 and 6 people dungeon groups.
    A 10/20 with 5 people dungeon groups

But with shared content separate achieves or
    Different content per size.

A 15 (3X5) or 18 (3X6) group, if they are bold enough to go for it.

All the above would work better than what we have today.

A simple achiev separation while maintaining 10 and 25 will be a simple patch.
    A separation of locks will give 25s a significant boost but will make a lot of people in small guilds start whinning. And this time it will not be as it was pre August 2010 (just a few people were asking for Cata changes in forums cause people could see that the system was not unfair really).
    This time it will be more massive and can take unpredictable proportions.

There are alternatives that work better than 10/25 as I mentioned above.
    10/25 can never work well because 10 and 25 do not click well together.
    The choice of those sizes (the one in correlation with the other that is, and not looking at each individually) was WRONG, all the way back from TBC!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-04-09 at 11:26 AM.

Dual size separate content, or single size.

Force 25mans again blizzard, dont let them die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    I am arguing that it is essential each of the groups above to be a prerfect multiplier of the smallest, the “core” group.
    There is no obligation to do any of that.

Deleted
    I was talking with some mates about this last night that we would love it to be 15 man or 20 man only but do perf 15man