Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mass Effect, if the reapers were real

how long do yall think we could last if they came in like a hour?

If they were real they wouldn't be retarded like everybody in space sci-fis are, so they'd just drop a rock moving at light-speed on earth or something and destroy all life on the planet in minutes.

Wouldn't they just blow up the sun in passing?

i was guessing maybe a day if that

Deleted
    We simply wouldn't stand a chance, unless, of course, we attempted to use dubstep 'wub-wubs' to communicate with them, like in Close Encounters, and convince them that we would make better pets than ashtray sprinkles.

---

(Also, moved thread to Video Games Discussions.)
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-03-26 at 02:31 PM.

They dont want to destroy the planets, they only want to destroy the lifeforms living on them. "Dropping a rock moving at light-speed on earth" would greatly damage the planet and destroying the sun of the system would completely destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    We simply wouldn't stand a chance, unless, of course, we attempted to use dubstep 'wub-wubs' to communicate with them, like in Close Encounters, and convince them that we would make better pets than ashtray sprinkles.
    There's a good joke in there about how playing dubstep to them would convince them that we're not advanced enough to qualify for eradication, but I can't think of a clever way to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimegamax View Post
    They dont want to destroy the planets, they only want to destroy the lifeforms living on them. "Dropping a rock moving at light-speed on earth" would greatly damage the planet and destroying the sun of the system would completely destroy them.
    ¨They clearly don't care about the integrity of the ball of dirt that they'd leave behind; and it wouldn't damage arth that much, it's gotten hit by other planets before and it's stil laround, albeit somewhat fractured.

No chance whatsoever.

No mass relays, advanced technology ( like in ME ) or Alien Allies.

Then again, they'd never attack us because, as they claimed, they attack inferior races. Since we didn't spacetravel further than the Moon ( and this isn't done casually ) I doubt they'd attack us.

We would stand a chance because we are not a space faring civilisation. They wont bother Harvesting us until we are. Also they do care about the integrity of the ball of dirt they left behind. Every prothean planet you visit are still suitable for life. They dont destroy life, only advance space faring civilisation, humans arent.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-03-26 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Wouldn't they just blow up the sun in passing?
    I don't believe they're capable of blowing up stars.

To answer the OP's question, we wouldn't last very long. All our weapons are utterly inferior. Even our biggest nuclear bombs would be like shooting a spitball at a tank. We would have absolutely no means of doing anything. If we all stood still and did nothing, the result would be the same as if we tried our best to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    There's a good joke in there about how playing dubstep to them would convince them that we're not advanced enough to qualify for eradication, but I can't think of a clever way to make it.

¨They clearly don't care about the integrity of the ball of dirt that they'd leave behind; and it wouldn't damage arth that much, it's gotten hit by other planets before and it's stil laround, albeit somewhat fractured.
    Let’s be honest... they would come down see the local council estates in London and go "Yep still not advanced in the last 50,000 years"

10+ Year Old Account
    We would last as long as it takes for them to kill everybody.

unless....

Keanu Reeves comes as Neo and fights them off.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

First of I don't think they would attack us like that. Probably throw a biological weapon and then harvest the bodies. If for some reason they'd need to go down the planet, we still don't stand a chance really. Even some Hanar could pwn us with our current tech

Edit: I forgot to actually tell the time I think we would last. Well 1 day is not that much tbh. We still have some guns and could kill some of the lower fighter troops etc. For a TOTAL human extinction maybe a week.
    Last edited by raddry; 2012-03-26 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    We would stand a chance because we are not a space faring civilisation. They wont bother Harvesting us until we are. Also they do care about the integrity of the ball of dirt they left behind. Every prothean planet you visit are still suitable for life. They dont destroy life, only advance space faring civilisation, humans arent.
    This, and it's actually a major point never mentioned in Mass Effect, if humanity had discovered Mars prothean technology like 50 years later, they would have passed through the reaper cleansing and humanity would have 50 000 years of technological advance before the next cycle...

Deleted
    Well according to the view of earth and the parts of it burning we got when the Repears had attacked it; they only hit England and parts of Wales in the UK, so I'm good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the population would already be dead before they even knew there was an invasion. People are far too happy to live in their own little bubbles, the news wouldn't reach them until the news event had reached them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were real they wouldn't be retarded like everybody in space sci-fis are, so they'd just drop a rock moving at light-speed on earth or something and destroy all life on the planet in minutes.
    No they wouldn't. The Reapers need to harvest organics, its how they "reproduce". Its the whole reason why they don't just nuke everything from orbit.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    This, and it's actually a major point never mentioned in Mass Effect, if humanity had discovered Mars prothean technology like 50 years later, they would have passed through the reaper cleansing and humanity would have 50 000 years of technological advance before the next cycle...
    It was mentioned in Mass Effect because thats the only way I would know about it. I believe Javik said it or it was in the Codex. One of the few useful things Javik would've said.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, the reapers harvest organic life. Destroying Earth with lasers or something wouldn't achieve their objectives.

Atleast 50,000 years as we aren't advanced enough.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Deleted
    1. They won't harvest us because we are too primitive. However, this would make this topic dull so I would say this won't be the case.
    2. Haven't completed the game yet, (not even halfway I think) it takes a long time for the reapers to kill earth it seems. It's like we are going on a vacation for one week. Come back with big army and kick ass. I mean, the reapers would just obliterate earth within an hour. We wouldn't stand a chance AT ALL.

TL;DR, we would be gone in an hour. No hope.