Quote Originally Posted by Bullet25 View Post
    This is my point exactly, If you would have read the contract which was only 4 paragraphs long and did not need a legal degree to understand then you would have said AT THAT TIME. "HEY wait you said that we would get it when it goes live and the contract doesn't state that. What gives blizz?" and they would have said to you "The contract is what matters here." then you could have made an educated choose whether to do it or not.
    Well, sorry to tell you, but false advertising laws disagree with you (whether they apply here is a different discussion).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    Wow, that must be the must idiotic i read past hour.
    aww I was going for most idiotic comment of the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Omfg people please understand that what blizzard has said is not the same as how you interpreted it in your head....stop blaming and whining about the falsehood you created in your head, think about what is actually written, official blue posts from the time of the blizzcon announcement and tos agreement you signed!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    The fact that some people are upset about something does not make a "PR nightmare".

If that was the definition of a "PR nightmare" then almost every single thread on the official forums would have to be included in the definition.

Also, usually in a "PR nightmare" there is universally an understanding of a problem. That is obviously not the case here.
    The fact that a large amount of people are upset about Blizzards handling of this issue does, in fact, make it a PR nightmare.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Blizzard have the full rights to change anything anytime they feel fit. The only thing you actually is paying for is a 12-month subscription without the possibility to cancel it. The rest is just bonuses.
    Yep, and if they can change anything (they haven't here, just to be clear) at any time without notice, then anyone who read the contract and agreed to it must be a complete fool, right?

Blizzard could, legally, change the terms to say that you must commit to a 12 year subscription at $100/month and remove all the perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also curious to when they said you will get a invite in the first wave of beta invites. I don't think the "Beta wave invites" came as a shock to you. As they have always been doing those under betas.

They said you will get "early beta access" i belive, atleast i think it was what it said when i signed up when it was fairly new. Now, if the beta lasts for 6 months, and you get a beta invite the 2nd month, it still counts as early access.

If a AP-holder get's an invite 1 week before launch i belive something isn't working as intended. But we don't know that. Christ sake, why are you making such a big deal over beta access? It's a.. beta, full of bugs. I certainly don't look forward to get a beta invite, but it would be a nice bonus. The reason i signed up for AP was to get "Instant Access" to diablo 3 when it's released, and i have the installer on my desktop waiting to be installed.

And i also look forward to play Mists of Pandaria when it goes live.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at so many of the posts and looking at so many of the foreclosure issues it's clear to see many apples don't fall far from trees. The exact same thing happened to so many people with Mortgages that is happening to people in this thread. See only the shiny parts that look good like "get 5000$ cash back on signing day" but then not realize that if you don't resign with the same bank at whatever rate for the entirety of your mortgage that you need to give back the 5k so when your 5 year lock in term comes to an end and the bank you are now with is 1 point over another you need to cash back that 5k!

Reading everything , questioning, and understanding is up to the person that signs an agreement. You cannot come back at a company after the fact of signing and say "I was only looking at the shininess y u hide this" as a valid reason to be mad / want them to do anything when everything is in the contract you agreed to. There is a reason they ask you to AGREE to the contract... what it says is you agree to changes... if you did not agree to them being able to make any changes at all WHY did you agree to a contract with that stipulation in it?

Deleted
    I'm also curious to when they said you will get a invite in the first wave of beta invites. I don't think the "Beta wave invites" came as a shock to you. As they have always been doing those under betas.

They said you will get "early beta access" i belive, atleast i think it was what it said when i signed up when it was fairly new. Now, if the beta lasts for 6 months, and you get a beta invite the 2nd month, it still counts as early access.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFpu2...ature=youtu.be

1 minute 47 seconds.

If a AP-holder get's an invite 1 week before launch i belive something isn't working as intended. But we don't know that. Christ sake, why are you making such a big deal over beta access? It's a.. beta, full of bugs. I certainly don't look forward to get a beta invite, but it would be a nice bonus. The reason i signed up for AP was to get "Instant Access" to diablo 3 when it's released, and i have the installer on my desktop waiting to be installed.

And i also look forward to play Mists of Pandaria when it goes live.
    I thought we were going to debate, but it turns out that you just can't understand that people are different and have different rationales for why they do things.

1) You may have known how Blizzard has handled past betas. That doesn't guarantee that everyone signing up for the AP knew, nor were they required to. To assume that it would be handled the same way without explicit confirmation was just that: an assumption on your part.

2) You signed up because of D3. Some people had probably never even heard of D3. Again, different people value the different perks differently. Just because you didn't care about the beta doesn't mean that it wasn't someone else's primary factor in their decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potaco View Post
    Well, sorry to tell you, but false advertising laws disagree with you (whether they apply here is a different discussion).
    Blizzard promised you beta access, beta access occurs in waves. There's nothing false about that and the contract you signed said terms we subject to change. So even if you were promised something as far as an informal statement made at a press event or a messageboard counts as a promise(hint: they dont). You contractually gave away your right to be promised anything by signing your contract. At this point you're either trolling or ignoring the facts. If you need to take a lesson from this make sure to read you contracts because your mortgage, apartment and car lease are all going to contain clauses which you need to fully understand and uphold.

Solution

If you are THAT opposed to remaining an annual pass member, report your card lost, and they can't bill you. The contract is effectively canceled.

Start buying your game time a month at a time, or 3-months, or whatever... from the Blizzard store. (They give you a game time code and you enter it.)

Yes, it's an inconvenience, but if you're convinced that you have been swindled by the Blizzard baddies, this is your shot to show them who is boss! You will lose your mount, and you will have to buy Diablo 3, and you won't get a single day of beta, but you still get to say "I showed you!" and they will know that you meant business.

I DID get the annual pass, and I remember clearly thinking when I signed up that they didn't say when you would get in, and that could be towards the end for all we knew, but I figured what the hell... Most of us were going to be playing anyway, so I might as well get D3 for free. I've never played Diablo, and I didn't really want to spend $40 on a game and find out I hated it, so this saved me money. I think the mount is ugly, by the way, and I haven't used them at all. I learned it to go towards achievements, but you won't see me using them.

ETA: I have been reading MMO for years, and just made the account to post. I love the rank. "Keyboard turner". hahaha. Nice.

Why do some threads get locked off after a few pages because of people trolling and being silly, but this one is going on and on and on? In my opinion the mods of this board are biased and enjoy watching drama ensue. Do you jobs and cut this crap off. Oh my am I going to get infracted...darn.

Quote Originally Posted by potaco View Post
    I thought we were going to debate, but it turns out that you just can't understand that people are different and have different rationales for why they do things.

1) You may have known how Blizzard has handled past betas. That doesn't guarantee that everyone signing up for the AP knew, nor were they required to. To assume that it would be handled the same way without explicit confirmation was just that: an assumption on your part.

2) You signed up because of D3. Some people had probably never even heard of D3. Again, different people value the different perks differently. Just because you didn't care about the beta doesn't mean that it wasn't someone else's primary factor in their decision.
    If he can't understand something and didn't bother reading your post, then that is your fault and you should have made it easier to understand.

That's how this works, right?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with it because I had realistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Looking at so many of the posts and looking at so many of the foreclosure issues it's clear to see many apples don't fall far from trees. The exact same thing happened to so many people with Mortgages that is happening to people in this thread. See only the shiny parts that look good like "get 5000$ cash back on signing day" but then not realize that if you don't resign with the same bank at whatever rate for the entirety of your mortgage that you need to give back the 5k so when your 5 year lock in term comes to an end and the bank you are now with is 1 point over another you need to cash back that 5k!

Reading everything , questioning, and understanding is up to the person that signs an agreement. You cannot come back at a company after the fact of signing and say "I was only looking at the shininess y u hide this" as a valid reason to be mad / want them to do anything when everything is in the contract you agreed to. There is a reason they ask you to AGREE to the contract... what it says is you agree to changes... if you did not agree to them being able to make any changes at all WHY did you agree to a contract with that stipulation in it?
    This isn't quite a fair comparison. A purchase contract for a house generally involves hundreds of thousands of dollars and it is commonplace to hire an attorney to ensure that everything is on the up-and-up. Trying to apply that situation to this offer is unreasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    Yes he says when it goes live. That wording would indeed imply access from the start (seeing as "goes live" is one moment in time and not a period like "is live"). I myself would totally mess up my words tho when speaking to such a large crowd and to be fair the speaker does seem a bit nervous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    "You will get a guaranteed invite when the beta goes live" Yes, i know about that one. I read/heard about it 20 times everyday in every thread since the beta launched. And AP-Holders still have a guaranteed place in MoP. I don't see where that has changed?

Personally i think they should withdraw the possibility to get an invite at all. As they show little to none appreciation to the bonuses.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers View Post
    I have the AP and I didnt get in beta
    You forgot the word "yet" in there.

You people act like beta is already over. You'll soon get to play so much of beta that you'll complain that MoP is boring after having levelled your toon to 90 on live. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Blizzard promised you beta access, beta access occurs in waves. There's nothing false about that and the contract you signed said terms we subject to change. So even if you were promised something as far as an informal statement made at a press event or a messageboard counts as a promise(hint: they dont). You contractually gave away your right to be promised anything by signing your contract. At this point you're either trolling or ignoring the facts. If you need to take a lesson from this make sure to read you contracts because your mortgage, apartment and car lease are all going to contain clauses which you need to fully understand and uphold.
    You must have missed the part where I explicitly stated "whether they apply here is a different discussion". He was arguing that "the contract is all that matters... period!" and I was refuting that statement.

It was pretty crappy of them, but honestly, what did you expect? They can't get everyone in the beta until they're stress testing servers.