Madness drowning bug

Heya folks,

I just wanted to know something. Our guild surely is not badass - we are a bunch of casuals, not even close to HC Madness, but were downing normal every week. And every week the same old story - we have to repeat the encounter, because a tank/healer/important dps does not get the wind buff when jumping across platforms, and is unressable.

Once we even encountered even more awkward thing - Deathwing smashed his face onto a platform after 3, not 4 arms limbs are killed. Of course it was an obvious wipe.

I just wonder - have any of you, fellow causals and hardcores, experiance the same issue such commonly, and is there a way out of there? Anything to do to prevent it?

By the way, to make things clear: I consider Madness the worst endboss encounter Blizzard has ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never encountered any of these bugs, the only time one of our raidmembers fall during the jumps is if they get a sudden lagspike at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Yep, these and more have been there since the PTR. I can't give you any specifics on how to avoid them but they seem less frequent if you simply walk off the platform. No jumping, no strafing or backpedaling and no blinks or disengages or any movement stuff like that.

Deleted
    Madness is indeed the worst endboss ever.
    Adds?
    Adds?
    Adds?
    Adds?
    Oh, theres the world destroyers face, which contains loot!

Yeah. Winds buff is terrible, although for the last two weeks we've been getting quite lucky. When we were pushing our heroic kill, what would eventually get us to phase 2 was simply people not DC'ing or falling through the world.

About the face smash thing, that sounds weird. We had one attempt where he didn't drop into p2 (first week of normal mode) despite all 4 platforms being killed. Worst encounter EU :-)

Deleted
    Yes we have had this bug on countless occasions and I don't think we have ever had a full 25 people on phase 2 ever on a heroic kill
    I'm pretty disappointed with these bugs making it past the first week on live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Yep, these and more have been there since the PTR. I can't give you any specifics on how to avoid them but they seem less frequent if you simply walk off the platform. No jumping, no strafing or backpedaling and no blinks or disengages or any movement stuff like that.
    Actually for my guild jumping off every platform instead of just walking fixed the whole problem. We had maaaany many wipes on people falling between the platforms before, but the last 2 nights we we're on madness we had no one die to it, and actually managed to get our HC Madness first kill last night!

Any form of charge/intervene/blink/disengage etc seems to put you in risk of falling into water & getting killed. Just walk normally & jump near edge, and you should safely get over. The only timed I've actually fallen to my death out of 100+ tries/kills was when I jumped too early and fell down just over the edge. And pretty much all cases of where people have fallen to their death, they were trying to do some speedy stunt (ie, blink/charge etc).

I've only ever seen this occur or happen when people are using movement mechanics already. Speed buffs such as Aspect, or movement mechanics such as Blink. Never seen it happen unless those conditions are met.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I just wonder - have any of you, fellow causals and hardcores, experiance the same issue such commonly, and is there a way out of there? Anything to do to prevent it?
    I have heard of the falling and early facesmash bugs quite often.

On our 25man raid it's not uncommon for us to have 1 or 2 people fall to their death because they didn't get the buff. Try to make sure your raid is running straight across, not strafing across. It's one of those things were some people say it makes a difference, but then you have the people who have never died to it say they always strafe so w/e

My guild has had Deathwing's head come down after three platforms twice now. The first time, we wiped, the second time, we knew we could run through his head, so we did, to the next platform, and killed him anyway.

I have fallen to my death without the wind buff once (the raidteam im on has been killing him every reset since 4.3.x came out) and seen him faceplant once after killing 3 limbs.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

I always jump when in the air, close to the next platform. Never fell in the water on my rogue. I actually fell on my priest once with just walking ....

But never the early head bash, that's funny

The falling bug is something that comes up many times. Even did it to me on Four Winds when we went back in there for some achievements. Never did it to me during 4.0-4.1 though, which makes me think it was something added later that broke it.

It's probably just lag, but it would help to have some invisible walls at the edge (for LFR only, really) and an invisible floor between platforms, just in case the buff doesn't kick in.

Deleted
    That whole encounter for us is just a buggy mess.

Wind bug - Half the raid suddenly loses the buff.
    Blistering Tentacles not being killed by*Cauterize and many times becoming not hittable.
    The encounter resetting instead of the head coming down.
    The head randomly despawning at 2-5%
    Regenerative Bloods randomly falling into the ground and becoming unhittable and yet the raid recieveing the bite debuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by realisingself View Post
    That whole encounter for us is just a buggy mess.

Wind bug - Half the raid suddenly loses the buff.
    Blistering Tentacles not being killed by*Cauterize and many times becoming not hittable.
    The encounter resetting instead of the head coming down.
    The head randomly despawning at 2-5%
    Regenerative Bloods randomly falling into the ground and becoming unhittable and yet the raid recieveing the bite debuff.
    Or an arm/wing tentacle randomly thinking it's at 0% (while it's at 100%) and having 100 stacks of Burning Blood. (had that happen a few times)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

If the head falls after killing platform three you can just stay there and kill him. The fight resumes normally when he hits 20% or whatever he normally starts at in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Or an arm/wing tentacle randomly thinking it's at 0% (while it's at 100%) and having 100 stacks of Burning Blood. (had that happen a few times)
    that one should have been fixed this week, it was in the patch notes (don't think it was ever posted on the mmo-champ front page but if you look through the blue tracker or patch notes you can find it)