Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I'm sorry to disagree, but if you don't want to go to the movie theatre, then wait untill the dvd come's out (or watch it for free on the internet).

Movie theatre releases are what brings in the most money for a movie, especially with everyone watching everything online for free, if you would be able to pay on the internet to watch a movie on release, then there would be a free alternative.

And I don't want people to stop making movies.
    (Or godforbid, adverstising in the movie)
    yah your right, but on their site they are claiming to do the same thing as a movie theater...
    and you and i both know their are more people online than going to the theater, so it can just be added revenue.

there thing is not like a subscription with a whole bunch f content, but just whats in theaters and you would rent each title.

i think it could work

http://www.cinemanow.com/

You can watch many new release movies here. Not all, just the studios who like to have money funneled into their coffers without paying a handout to the theater owners.

OP, you seem to be saying that you want to watch theatrical releases, but for less than the ticket price.

That's just not how it works.

Deleted
    do what everybody does: watch it for free on the internet, yes the quality may suck (it's good as soon as the dvd gets released), but it's either that or you wait, or you go to the cinema

I think I'd be more likely to pay for movies if I could pay for a ticket and watch it in my living room the same day it's released in theaters. If I have to wait for retail dvd releases I might aswell just download it. I think its been atleast a decade since I paid for a movie.

Deleted
    Sadly there isn't.

If there was, there wouldn't be nearly as much piracy as there is.

You guys know this thread is like 2 years old, right?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You guys know this thread is like 2 years old, right?
    now I do yes

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    This makes me sad, but if this is a dead end there is nothing I can do about it...

Guess I have to wait or eat bread for the next few weeks :P Damn paycheck, why u so low
    How much would you want to pay for such a service and what makes you think it would be cheaper online alternative if something like this were there?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    now I do yes
    I hate when that happens. I'll read through a thread and realize that I have sensible, intelligent, and very thought provoking things to say in a thread. I tingle with anticipation of all the accolades my constructive post will receive. Then BAM, this thread is older than Jesus! Well shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I hate when that happens. I'll read through a thread and realize that I have sensible, intelligent, and very thought provoking things to say in a thread. I tingle with anticipation of all the accolades my constructive post will receive. Then BAM, this thread is older than Jesus! Well shit.
    yes and thanks to you we all know now, you should feel bad now

Deleted
    A "block buster" Movie release will never be released on the internet by the studio at the same time as it is released on the big screen. If it was, then someone would simply buy the movie once, Rip it to a format that can be uploaded and you would have Day 1 HD Movie rips on TPB and other sites mere hours after it being released on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Sadly there isn't.

If there was, there wouldn't be nearly as much piracy as there is.
    Well they haven't started selling movies yet, they seem to only have trailers right now and they say they are still in beta

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yes and thanks to you we all know now, you should feel bad now
    What's with the snark?

Not if you digitally watermark the movies... and making it harder to pirate than the actual theater, your argument sounds dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sensoji View Post
    Not if you digitally watermark the movies... and making it harder to pirate than the actual theater, your argument sounds dumb.
    how would a watermark stop piracy? people would still record and upload it elsewhere? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is your current situation.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Yeah. The harder it is to get something legitimately, the sooner people just give up and download it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old thread, too much advertisement and people pointing out the necro, so closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |