Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Criblica View Post
    Ice Lance: Range increased to 40 yds, up from 35. Damage against frozen targets now tripled, up from doubled. Now costs 1% of base mana, down from 6%.Brain Freeze: Spell reworked: Your Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, and Frost Bomb spells have a chance when they deal damage to cause your next Frostfire Bolt spell to be instant cast and cost no mana.Fingers of Frost: Your successful Frostbolts and Frostfire Bolts have a 15% chance, your successful Frozen Orb hits have a 35% chance, and your successful Scorches have a 10% chance to grant you the Fingers of Frost effect. Your Freezing effects that fail due to target immunity always grant you the Fingers of Frost effect. The Fingers of Frost effect causes your next Ice Lance or Deep Freeze to act as if your target were frozen, and increases Ice Lance damage by 25% for 15 sec. Limit 2 charges.Frostbolt: Now has a 40 yd range (was 35 yd) and slows enemies 50% (was 40%). Now costs 4% of base mana, down from 13%.Frozen Orb: Now costs 10% of base mana and has 1 min cooldown. Launches a Frozen Orb forward from the Mage's position, releasing Frostbolts that deal 67 to 86 Frost damage to all nearby enemy targets for 10 sec. Targets damaged by the Frost Orb are slowed by 40% for 2 sec.Icy Veins: No longer costs any mana.Summon Water Elemental: Now has a 1 min cooldown, down from 3 min. Now costs 3% of base mana, down from 16%.This is the most overpowered shit ive read in a long time! so op that by the looks of it, it looks freakin broken! time to roll mage then...
    not sure if srs.jpg

So much for warlock tanks.

Blood DK>All other Tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    As a Blood DK I currently tank all Twilight Heroics in pure DPS gear. No avoidance stats, DPS trinkets, Rune of Fallen Crusader...basically everything I do for Frost spec except with a 2H weap (Gurth, naturally). I do about 40K consistently. Gimmick fights like in Wells I push upwards of 70K. If I have a couple of even semi-decent 20K DPS in the group we can fly through that shit. And not a peep from healers about my survivability. With all the haste, my rune regen is getting to the point where I can Death Strike non-stop and even with leftover amounts of Mastery I'm still proc'ing more Blood Shield than mobs can burn through. AntiMagic Shell for anything Blood Shield can't do.

It's glorious but you know what? It's fucking just desserts for being shit on as tanks the entire Xpac.

Remember DK tanks at the start of Cata? Getting globalled because we had to eat massive hits to proc tissue thin shields? Dying because our healing strike could miss or be dodged? (Sorta like if a Warrior had a random chance to drop his shield on the floor instead of blocking). Remember healers basically hating DKs and all the overhealing wasted back when mana was scarce because they would top us off before our Death Strike heal could kick in?

I have played Blood DK since release and I have been through the highs and lows. I remember the godlike days early wrath with Heart Strike hitting two for 100% and Dancing Rune hitting two more for 100%. I remember when Death Strike did healing based on damage DONE instead of TAKEN which mean by the end of Wrath I was also tanking every heroic in DPS gear and blowing through everything but Nexus in under 15 minutes. I cheered when Blood Tanking became the One True Tank spec. And I cried when I saw how broken things were in Cataclysm. If I was going to be one of the many thousands who quit WoW because of Cataclysm, the breaking of Blood Tank would have done it.

But I held out...I geared for 8% hit and 26 expertise while every other tank dumped all those extra stats into mitigation. I worked stupid blood runes into my rotation to keep the extra 6% Blade Barrier mitigation we were balanced around. I suffered through my constant deaths as tank because of rune wack-a-mole and low armor because our armor was originally balanced around Stoneskin Gargoyle but Blood DKs had to switch for mitigation to Swordshattering.

So I consider these glorious final months of Cataclysm ample and just reward for the miserable times we Blood DKs have experienced. Anyone in this thread bitching or whining about Blood Nerfs is not a true Blood Tank. They are a last minute Flavor of the Month twerp who will gladly move on to the next flavor anyway. I piss on your false tears.

True Blood DKs know this is only part of the cycle and we just bid our time and wait for the end of the next Xpac when we can once again stroll through heroics naked and belittle asshole DPS with mocking Recounts "Geez man, you can't even do as much DPS as a tank". We can wait.
    This, sir/ma'am made my day.

Thank you. And yes, we can wait. Though admittedly I have considered re-rolling Brewmaster as my new main (to hopefully and finally get my hands on a Legendary[dumb reason I know, unless they make a tank Legendary that DK's can use]) the power of a Blood DK is just too much to pass up - we can solo tank fights most other classes have to struggle with AND dish out excellent damage to boot.

And because of that, it really makes it hard to really want to park my Death Knight, so I'll let time decide and make my final decision come pre-MoP event.

To those worried about nerf's or are panicking at the current changes - don't. Take it with a grain of salt for the time being. And if those changes do come to pass, take it like the true DK you are and push yourself to overcome and continue to outperform other tanks while being nerfed again. We can take it.

We await a true challenge Blizz. Bring it.

On another note - finalized Raid comp in MoP will, overall, effect my new main decision as well; if we will benefit from having one specific class over another as a whole, then I will park my DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ arms being nerfed,the worst pvp spec in game got nerfed,glad i quit!

7 years... and head/shoulders are still the only slots that have polygons.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    So every melee interrupt has had its cooldown increased to 15 seconds, but you give windshear a range interrupt a 12 second cooldown. Really?!
    Shamans have always had a shorter cooldown on interrupts.

They seriously need to update the 7 year old character models of the old races. It is ridiculous how crappy and outdate humans, night elves and the likes look compared to the new pandaren models. Blizz do something!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Its not the final product ya doucebag learn to read lol jeeeez
    Exactly. That's why it is an excellent time to tell your own oppinion - before it goes live, while they still can change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i sure hope they plan to make blink have a 24 second cool down

So all the DK strikes are getting nerfed except for Festering strike from unholy?...

EDIT: On second glance... not all but it still looks like a lot of nerfs! a couple of buffs but unholy looks to over take frost by a lot for top dps spec.
    Last edited by Nexdominus; 2012-03-27 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice now i have to re-learn to play my warrior from scratch.... lets hope they tested what they posted because it seems crap to me with only 1 ability per tree to generate rage just to do a freakin shield block :P anyway looking forward to test it and i hope i will not have to reroll into another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    This is exactly correct.

The lockout period for wind shear is 3 seconds and the cooldown is 12 seconds.
    The lockout period for everything else is 4 seconds and the cooldown is 15 seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 04:45 PM ----------

I don't see the problem in here.

Hunter lose a main hand weapon & gain a huge boost in ranged weapon stats.
    Everyone else loses ranged weapons/relics/totems & gains no boost to their weapons.

This makes it roughly equal and even in some ways a buff for hunters.
    No there is a massive difference and we as hunters are losing out big and I'll show you why.

Here's a bow http://mop.wowhead.com/item=81279

5.0 Dungeon - Heroic - Siege of Niuzao Temple - Boss 3 Loot 1 - Agi Bow
    Raid Finder
    Binds when picked up
    Ranged Bow
    6899 - 12814 Damage Speed 3.00
    (3285.4 damage per second)
    +283 Agility
    +424 Stamina
    Classes: Hunter
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 463
    Equip: Increases your hit rating by 189 (0.47% @ L90).
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 189 (0.27% @ L90).

Now here's a 2 handed staff with a bit better I level. http://mop.wowhead.com/item=79343

Inscribed Tiger Staff
    Binds to Battle.net account
    Two-Hand Staff
    9790 - 14686 Damage Speed 3.30
    (3708.5 damage per second)
    +1015 Agility
    +1522 Stamina
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 476
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 677 (0.97% @ L90).
    Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 677 (0.97 @ L90).

Look at how hard we are getting fucked on our primary and secondary stats. Also yes I know the staff is a bit higher ilevel but the bow is the best one listed so far and even if a bow jumped those few levels we still wouldn't see anywhere near that high of stats on them.

*Edit since I had the wrong staff listed.*
    Last edited by HeavensDemise; 2012-03-27 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexdominus View Post
    So all the DK strikes are getting nerfed except for Festering strike from unholy?...

EDIT: On second glance... not all but it still looks like a lot of nerfs! a couple of buffs but unholy looks to over take frost by a lot for top dps spec.
    You know, through pages and pages of griping and moaning, no one has brought up that weapon damage for ALL OF THE MELEE CLASSES, as well as hunters ranged weapons, is going through the roof, hence the damage % changes to strikes and attacks for Death Knights, Enhancement, Rogues, Warriors and Paladins. Look at Wowhead, and compare current weapon damage to their 5.0 upgraded weapon damage and dps. ALL of them are doubled.

Examples:
    Golad, Twilight of the Aspects - Top damage in Cata = 1840 ; Top damage in MoP = 3680; Cata DPS = 786.3; MoP DPS = 1572.6
    Total DPS and Damage range is DOUBLED

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps - Top damage in Cata = 4580 ; Top damage in MoP = 9160; Cata DPS = 1060.2; MoP DPS = 2120.3
    Total DPS and Damage range is DOUBLED

So all this complaining about "nerfs" is really stupid at this point because there is so much of the damage being shifted into the weapon damage itself.
    Just as an example for all the Blood DK complainers:
    Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps performing a Death Strike during Cataclysm with no modifiers does 150% x 4580 +330 = 7200
    Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps performing a Death Strike during MoP with no modifiers does 75% x 9160 +112 = 6982

OMG, You lose 218 damage before modifiers between the old model and new damage model.

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps performing a Heart Strike during Cataclysm with no modifiers does 175% x 4580 +819 = 8834
    Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps performing a Heart Strike during MoP with no modifiers does 90% x 9160 +250 = 8494

OMG, You lose 340 damage before modifiers between the old model and new damage model.

Stop acting like it's the end of the world because the strikes lost VERY little of their potency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensDemise View Post
    No there is a massive difference and we as hunters are losing out big and I'll show you why.

Here's a bow http://mop.wowhead.com/item=81279

5.0 Dungeon - Heroic - Siege of Niuzao Temple - Boss 3 Loot 1 - Agi Bow
    Raid Finder
    Binds when picked up
    Ranged Bow
    6899 - 12814 Damage Speed 3.00
    (3285.4 damage per second)
    +283 Agility
    +424 Stamina
    Classes: Hunter
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 463
    Equip: Increases your hit rating by 189 (0.47% @ L90).
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 189 (0.27% @ L90).

Now here's a 2 handed staff with a bit better I level. http://mop.wowhead.com/item=79343

Inscribed Tiger Staff
    Binds to Battle.net account
    Two-Hand Staff
    9790 - 14686 Damage Speed 3.30
    (3708.5 damage per second)
    +1015 Agility
    +1522 Stamina
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 476
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 677 (0.97% @ L90).
    Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 677 (0.97 @ L90).

Look at how hard we are getting fucked on our primary and secondary stats. Also yes I know the staff is a bit higher ilevel but the bow is the best one listed so far and even if a bow jumped those few levels we still wouldn't see anywhere near that high of stats on them.

*Edit since I had the wrong staff listed.*
    So yeah we are losing around 700 agility and around 800 ratings worth of other stats, but in trade we are getting around 1000 dps to our ranged weapon flat out.

You also might notice that it's mostly MM Hunters that got their skill coefficiency tweaked with around 80% drop in damage (AS, Aimed, SS etc.). That still leaves us 100% (more damage from the Ranged weapon change) - 80% (drop in dmg from the percentage balancing) that equals 20% buff in damage. Now weight that flat out 20% damage versus 700 agility & 800 rating and you'll get the picture why I'm not worried.

The other thing to remember is that Cobra Shot for BM/Survival and, for example, Chimera Shot still stayed the same as far as damage goes, not to even mention the white damage that we will do now that it's been outright DOUBLED.

Pros:

• Double white damage
    • Double skill damage

Cons

• Losing around 700 Agility
    • Losing around 800 Ratings
    • Skill coefficiency being tweaked.

I mean, I'm not saying we won't be losing anything. I'm saying we are still about the same damage wise. There are no big nerfs or buffs as far as pure numbers go.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2012-03-27 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nerf on hunters, really? ... :L dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    So yeah we are losing around 700 agility and around 800 ratings worth of other stats, but in trade we are getting around 1000 dps to our ranged weapon flat out.

You also might notice that it's mostly MM Hunters that got their skill coefficiency tweaked with around 80% drop in damage (AS, Aimed, SS etc.). That still leaves us 100% (more damage from the Ranged weapon change) - 80% (drop in dmg from the percentage balancing) that equals 20% buff in damage. Now weight that flat out 20% damage versus 700 agility & 800 rating and you'll get the picture why I'm not worried.

The other thing to remember is that Cobra Shot for BM/Survival and, for example, Chimera Shot still stayed the same as far as damage goes, not to even mention the white damage that we will do now that it's been outright DOUBLED.

Pros:

• Double white damage
    • Double skill damage

Cons

• Losing around 700 Agility
    • Losing around 800 Ratings
    • Skill coefficiency being tweaked.

I mean, I'm not saying we won't be losing anything. I'm saying we are still about the same damage wise. There are no big nerfs or buffs as far as pure numbers go.
    I guess what I'm trying to get at is why do we have to lose so many stats just to gain weapon damage when the melee classes don't have to sacrifice their weapon stats to gain equal weapon dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wely View Post
    nerf on hunters, really? ... :L dont like it.
    /facedesk (No offence...)

If you lift your eyes just a bit over your own post you will see that Hunters are:

• Gaining around 100% increase to their weapon dps.
    • Losing around 700 Agility & 800 ratings of other stuff. (Your Staff/Polearm is gone)
    • Seeing some changes in skill percentages. (Due to increased weapon damage)

All in all, you still have the same damage than before the changes.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensDemise View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to get at is why do we have to lose so many stats just to gain weapon damage when the melee classes don't have to sacrifice their weapon stats to gain equal weapon dps.
    In a way you are right about that and I think we might be seeing a change here before the release.

More or less, I think they are just going to end up giving Ranged Weapons the same amount of Agility/Stamina/etc. than what the other weapons have.

So in essence we would have out stat-stick baked into our ranged weapon.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2012-03-27 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I believe Wind Shear lockout duration is less than Kick/Pummel lockout duration, hence a shorter CD.
    One requires melee range, and one is ranged. I wonder which is better. Don't act like Resto Shaman having it has not ever been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXCAVALERA View Post
    U love to make a macro once. thats what stance dance is lol
    No need to leave a Herp-a-derp statement guy.

on-topic: need to see some beta to test this shiz, since i don't have lots of faith in blizzard

The set is good looking, but I don't see the priest in it