The set is good looking, but I don't see the priest in it
Most of the improved warlock pet abilities are the exact same. .__. New Mind Control seems imba. Usable against any enemy, except mechanicals o.O WTB.
LOLWUT ? idk what devs smoke @ bliz headquarters, but i sure want some too !!Druid: Guardian: Thick Hide: Now increases the armor bonus of Bear Form to 330%, reduces all magical damage taken by 25%, and reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6%.
When they say "Consume up to 3 holy power"... does it mean that paladin will be able to stack more than 3 holy power ?
Frenzied Regeneration: Now converts up to 10 Rage per second into health for 6 sec, at the rate of 5% max health gained per 10 Rage consumed. Now has no rage cost and 1.5 second cooldown, down from 3 min. No longer grants increased health. 1.5 Second cooldown Down from 3min?!!?!?!??!
Arcane got mighty buff.
Fire only lost spam-strike (no-cd Flamestrike).
Frost lost a little shatter damage.
Not to even mention, they buffed: Evocation, Water Elemental, All Armors, Ice Lance, Invisibility, Cookie Machine (Ritual of Refreshment), Frostbolt, Arcane Power, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Blast & Arcane Barrage.
And I guess I also have to point out that these are not in any way final, and all of these spells and abilities are subject to change.
- Improved Blink - Still might comes as a Glyph.
- Cone of Cold Freeze - One of the only big nerfs I could find, I'll give you that.
- Shattered Barrier - Since it's a talent, there was no reason to bake it in the talent itself and it might very well come back as a Glyph.
- Blast Wave - Well that's gone, so get over it. We all knew it was going to be benched anyways.
- Counterspell - Tweaked to match other such effects. (All interrupts (except Wind Shear) are now normalized to 4 second lockdown with 15 second cooldown)
- Cone of Cold Slow - Again tweaked to match other such effects in duration.
- Dragon's Breath - Tweaked to match other such effects.
- Cold Snap - It's still a talent, so no difference there.
- Slow - Tweaked to match other slow effects (All snares are pretty much normalized to 50% right now).
- Blazing Speed - Still there as a talent, so it's still your choice whether you take it or not.
You might also realize that this was the first Beta patch and the point of this patch (as we can all clearly see) was to normalize all CC effects to be roughly the same in duration, as well as tweaking the mana costs to accommodate the new mana system.
The next patch is where they actually start to look at whose damage seems low, who needs more CC and "who's got the power". Sure, these were in essence nerfs for mage class, but there is absolutely no reason to worry about the numbers at this very point.
Last edited by Aerion; 2012-03-28 at 03:36 PM.
Cant wait to test Soul Reaper on DDK, always wanted some "execution phase" ability
Anyway, I will bite... just a little.
- Shattered Barrier - Remains to be seen. Better to be balanced without it. IMO I will miss it about as much as relying on frostbite.
- Blast Wave - Still a nerf worth noting. Does not mean I'm not over it. I do miss the old Blastwave... with the old graphic
- Counterspell - Actually it was nerfed down to 6 seconds. Normalization or not, that's beside the point when people are screaming the mana cost adjustments of buffs. Both declarations are silly when you don't look at it in context.
- Cone of Cold Slow - See counterspell. Remember I'm pointing out that both buffs and nerfs are not being looked at by some posters in the overall context of the game. I'd also like to point out Disentanglement's return to all druid spec through talents. Not commenting on whether it's needed or not, just that it is a indirect nerf to kiting. Don't get angry kitty cats. I'm siding with you on the Monk dispel too.
- Dragon's Breath - See counterspell and CoC.
- Cold Snap - It resets less CDs, which is fine to keep it from being the default and Frost spec choice.
- Slow - They also changed the range slow as well.
- Blazing Speed - They changed it to an activated spell and only usable after taking a percentage of damage.
Last edited by dieseledge; 2012-03-28 at 05:11 PM.
If you need a scroll on (US) email me at Chris_Woodard21 at yahoo.com or message me ingame on Kil' Jaden alliance-Fuzzynipple
wtf why are shammy spells getting increased mana cost while a lot of others are getting reduced costs
It is idd confusing, but you (along with Paladins, Druids I assume) got base mana at melee lvl. Priest at caster lvl. This is probably why the spell costs differs so dramatically, since the spell costs are calculated from base mana, and you get the 400% mana increase as Paladins aswell?
Hmm, I see this hard as shadowpriest. But we'll see
Its a pretty nice set but it looks a bit weird for priests :/