Technical Problem with my mouse cursor

Sorry if this isn't the correct spot to post this, but it seemed like the best fit, I sent a ticket in over Blizzard's website, but they're taking forever to respond.

So I recently installed WoW on a new computer. I tried opening WoW, but had a problem. The mouse cursor doesn't appear to move. The little grey gauntlet mouse cursor just sits still down in the lower left corner. However, the mouse does actually work. I can use the "Press control to have the little circle flash around the cursor" option to see where the cursor actually is, but the GUI never changes. This happens during log-in and while playing.

I've tried lots of things, from running as administrator to running in compatibility mode, trying different mice, taking the cord out and plugging it back in, doing that while the game is playing, alt-tabbing and then tabbing back to WoW, changing the resolution, nothing works. I also know it's not an addon problem because I haven't installed any addons yet.

The one thing that works for me so far is playing in Windowed mode, but if possible, I would prefer playing in fullscreen.
    Last edited by Hoticehunter; 2012-03-27 at 02:08 AM.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    Does it work if you play Windowed Fullscreen?
    It's almost exactly the same as fullscreen, but you can alt-tab faster, and have movies set to "always on top" ^^.

It's not a fix, but could be a temporary way around it until you get a response from blizzard.

My first thought would be the graphics drivers, so information on which graphics card you have in the computer might help.
    Otherwise a simpler attempt would be to try disabling the hardware cursor in wow.
    Start the game, log in and type this into your chat.

/console gxCursor 0

Or via the in-game settings, but assuming a non-working mouse this should have the same effect.

Not sure at which point it takes effect, whether instantly or after a logout or exit/restart of the client but give it a go.
    Can be restored by replacing the 0 with a 1.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-03-27 at 03:16 PM.