High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Nerf rogues already!!!

I was doing arena with my friend im a fire mage and he's a demo lock.

It's unbelieveable how rogues are OP, they're just not killable, they kill us in 5sec max...

the silence, stuns and burst they have is beyond ridiculous...

Even disc priest, we got a disc-rogue last game, the priest was almost dead, at 3k hp, HE INSTANTLY HEALED UP TO 100%.

I mean wtf are casters supposed to do, it's fucking ridiculous...

Blizz nerfs rogues for god sake!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    disc priests are OP yes, rogues not so much...but yes they are annoying.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the place to ask blizzard in terms of asking for nerfs. Anyway we have a huge discussion about them within this thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1074523-Rogues

Now if you insist on trying to get blizzard still I suggest using the official forums

10+ Year Old Account
    amen brother

but there's already like a 70+ page rogue thread, so you should probably post in that one instead of making another one

2v2 isn't balanced, news at 11.

Seriously though, rogues aren't any more op than several other classes. It's true yuor team got countered, but them's the breaks. Imagine how a warrior/hunter team would feel trying to beat you (assuming equal skill and gear).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

*wearing a mage mask*

no, buff rogues! I wish to be further owned by their majesty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Seriously though, rogues aren't any more op than several other classes.
    whatever helps you sleep at night

Deleted
    I think rogues are OK in general, except for their 100% escape chance due to vanish immunity. If they don't want to fight you, they escape and you can't stop it.
    Even divine shield and ice block can be countered by a few classes, vanish immunity is just too good. Flare doesn't help much, unless you place it where they will vanish, but any smart rogue moves out before vanishing.

Really good news for MoP: Preparation and Shadowstep are on the same talent tier, this is an excellent decision by Blizzard. If it stays like this, it's not bad, maybe rogues need buffs due to this. They either will get kited all day long by hunters, or they lose a complete CD set, which also means getting kited all day long.

The fact that approximately 100% of the arena rogues are subtlety just shows how incredibly dependent they are on both, shadowstep AND preparation. Take one away, and you create an ocean of rogue tears ;-) It's about to happen...
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-03-27 at 03:57 AM.

What is this nonsense where mages cry about having to press more than 2 buttons to beat a rogue?

Rogues are no more unbalanced than mages. The difference is that rogues have to be within melee range to blow something up with PvE gear in an arena. That's all.
    Lock/Shaman dominating every battlegroup, mages being at least as insane as rogues, and you want to cry about losing a 2s match against a good comp, as a bad comp?

On topic, I got zerged down by an enhance sham and arcane mage the other day in about 2 seconds. Nerfs please.

Rogues havnt been OP since TBC where they could literally stunlock you.
    See a rogue? dot him up!
    Their self heal is good but takes time. Playing with a dps you leave your buddy alone for quite a while.
    Their vanish/prep/cloak is on a CD that gives you more then enough time to counter the fight.
    Rogues are extremely squishy when they meet a DK/Hunter/Mage
    A good rogue will beat any bad played other class/spec

Now about discs and being OP... In some ways they are 30/40% instant self heal on a big cd. But... Divine aegis and shields.
    What i see alot in RBG/BG/Duels/Arena is the following (around 2k ratings)
    A disc priest is getting aegis/shield buffed these dont last long but if you start nuking right away everything gets absorbd. lets assume you start off with your silences and Stuns... When All the absorbs are over the priest can at least cast shield/desperateprayer/renew again. And keeps at near full hp...

Lets try it diffrently; controll the priest abit. Train him if you like, pets some minor dps, dispells... slowly the absorbs from the priest dissapear and that would be the time to completely go nuts on him... WIN!

Not having legendaries im unable to kill most healers in pvp in a quick way. However i am able to controll them as a rogue. Played perfectly and one on one im more then capable of taking them out. But not in a OP way.

There are some classes that could use a slap with the nerf bat. DK's and the freezing diminishing returns of mages.
    A good played mage leaves a rogue without dispeller completely dazzled in cold and kills it while laughing his ass off... its just one mechanic that is slightly op and that is roots (same as druid roots seem the fail to have the proper DR)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there's already like a 70+ page rogue thread, so you should probably post in that one instead of making another one
    Yep.

Closed.