Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mana regen greatly reduced in MoP?

I was looking at the spell list from the beta and I noticed the huge drops in mana cost. This has to mean a reduction in our regen ability or a big increase in what base mana we have relative to mana from int. Maybe a return to the 5second rule or just straight boost to OOC regen?

I think*blizzard*was happy with healing at the start of Cata when you went OOM from time to time.*

Quote Originally Posted by ajanu View Post
    I was looking at the spell list from the beta and I noticed the huge drops in mana cost. This has to mean a reduction in our regen ability or a big increase in what base mana we have relative to mana from int. Maybe a return to the 5second rule or just straight boost to OOC regen?

I think*blizzard*was happy with healing at the start of Cata when you went OOM from time to time. I did not notice any regen boost so they have possibly decided to bring all casters to the same level of regen.
    Int will NO LONGER increase mana pools, basically every healer give or take will have the same mana pool, @ 85 i think its 100k?
    basically its basemana *400% give or take

Ahhhh that explains it. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Int will NO LONGER increase mana pools, basically every healer give or take will have the same mana pool, @ 85 i think its 100k?
    basically its basemana *400% give or take
    They said for healers int would no longer increase mana pools which leads one to believe that if you are a healing spec spirit will increase your mana pool while damage dealers get mana from int. I clearly remember them stating it was for healers that would not get mana from int though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    They said for healers int would no longer increase mana pools which leads one to believe that if you are a healing spec spirit will increase your mana pool while damage dealers get mana from int. I clearly remember them stating it was for healers that would not get mana from int though.
    Int is only a Spellpower/Spell-Crit stat now.

It no longer gives Mana to ANY class. Mana is now a Static number which depends on spec/level to determine how much you have. (i.e. Ret pallies have lower mana than holy, as being Holy gives you 400% more mana through the passive talent holy insight, whereas Elemental and resto shamans should have the same)

Spirit is just the regen stat now.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2012-03-27 at 04:21 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting your info about mana pool being determined by ilvl and int doesn't give mana to anyone? The reason I have doubts is because I remember what I read about int and they didn't say anything about it not giving mana to anyone in that post just healers not getting it from int.

Some people took screenshots, No gear and all gear on had the same mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    If having no gear on vs all your gear on doesn't change your mana pool then that blows the theory of ilvl determines your mana then. I think there's something wrong ingame since it is early beta. Hopefully this isn't the case that everyone will have the same mana pool at the same lvl when the game hits because that would suck.

I think you're reading into it wrong, gaymer. The idea is that mana will be a static value, so that int - while still being a powerful stat - won't be so clear cut over spirit for healers. Int will increase your throughput only, while spirit will increase your regen only. Limiting the functionality of these stats allows the players to make more choice based on their play style. Every class will still have built in mana regen mechanics like we have currently but spirit will be the stat you aim for if you want more.

Where are you getting your info about mana pool being determined by ilvl and int doesn't give mana to anyone? The reason I have doubts is because I remember what I read about int and they didn't say anything about it not giving mana to anyone in that post just healers not getting it from int.
    I didnt say anything about Ilvl determining it. I said LEVEL. You now have your classes Base Mana as a constant. Hybrid classes like Druids and Paladins get talents for their healer and caster trees that INCREASE the base mana by 400%.

It is blizzards way to stop huge mana pools completely causing high end raid Mana management to be trivial.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Not sure how I fell about this, but then I have always been someone that enjoys trivilaizing mana-management, guess that makes me a bit of a scrub lol

So everything is costing 2-6% base mana...they must be really lowering regen and max mana, then.

Hopefully they can balance things so that mana actually matters again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Anyone know if Holy Concentration, Rapture and HoH is gone? I can't see it on the mmo front page list of spells. Not sure if it means it hasn't changed or that we won't have it since our spell costs are so cheap.

Pallies, Druids and Shamans will get the 400% more mana spec to compete with the priests.
    Since for the other hybrid specs theres is no high demand on their manapool (enhancement, retri) they need to have this sort of workaround in order the manage their mana. Not sure if this applies to boomins as well then, unless I'm totally mistaken in the fact that druids get this too.

Quote Originally Posted by ajanu View Post
    Maybe a return to the 5second rule or just straight boost to OOC regen?
    1) 100k Mana at level 85
    2) Int doesn't increase mana, so maxmana = basemana for Priests, the other hybrid classes have maxmana = 5*basemana for their casting specs.
    3) 1 Spirit is 1 Mp5 (to put it in another way, 1000 spirit is 1% mana per 5 seconds)
    4) You regen 5% mana per 5 seconds (or 1% mana per second)

Spamming Gheal will consume 12% per 5 seconds, you regen 7% (assuming 2k spirit), that's still a 5% deficit per 5 seconds, resulting in being oom after 100 seconds.
    Even with the max spirit you can currently have (around 4k i guess?), you'd only be able to change this to a 3% deficit per 5 seconds, or being oom after 165 seconds. You're pretty much forced to use heal/spiritshell.

And going further, if blizzard regulates spirit on items like they did with BoT to firelands (as in, we don't put in many spirit items), then heal/spiritshell will never drop out of your toolkit

They said that they were doing that awhile ago and it is actually like that on the beta right now.

Basically Mana will work like how Energy works for Rogues now.

Yet another stone on the road to total homogenization. They'll do the same with health and eventually with spell damage, so that every spell does the same damage no matter what button you clicked or what class you are. All in the name of "it makes it easier for us to balance".

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Yet another stone on the road to total homogenization. They'll do the same with health and eventually with spell damage, so that every spell does the same damage no matter what button you clicked or what class you are. All in the name of "it makes it easier for us to balance".
    It makes it easier to have efficiency matter. Right now I don't think about how much mana I am using, I have only gone OOM on a few normal mode fights. I use flash heal a lot because I can and it's better to heal fast if you can afford it. I think it is a good change, I just missed the part about int not increasing mana now. This will also nerf shadowfiend since you can't use an int proc/use to get more regen from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    Basically Mana will work like how Energy works for Rogues now.
    ...I'd actually really hate that, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".