Deleted

[Mistweaver] Cherry Mana Tea.

"Cherry Mana Tea: For each 3 Force you consume, you gain a charge of Mana Tea. Use Mana Tea to consume the charges. Each charge restores 5% of your maximum mana. Mana Tea must be channeled, lasting 1 sec per stack. Mana Tea can stack up to 50 times. Cancelling the channel will not waste stacks. (Instant Channeled)"

All I have to say is wow.

I am really interested to see how this plays out. You can wait for a period of downtime and within 10 seconds have regained 50% of your mana.

I hate to say it, but the way it is described this sounds crazy strong. Unless Force was REALLY hard to consume this will just be extremely overpowered.

Anyone in Beta have experience with this?

Edit: Can a Mod please change the title to [Mistweaver]? I got the order of specs mixed up. This is intended for healers.

Title hath been fixed!
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2012-03-27 at 04:46 AM.

I definitely don't fully understand all the resource models for monks yet having not gotten to play with one at all, but at face value it looks godly, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
    I definitely don't fully understand all the resource models for monks yet having not gotten to play with one at all, but at face value it looks godly, I agree.
    Mana is not the only resource for healing however.
    Chi is necessary for Chi Wave, Uplift and Thunder Focus Tea.
    and again, you are sacrificing time.

Deleted
    I have just looked into monks quite a bit more.

Whilst on the face value it does seem quite godly, it doesn't seem too bad after looking into it.

Monks have less mana than everyone else (25k at 85 compared to other healers with 100k at 85) and heals cost either Mana or Chi.
    What will really make or break this power is what heals actually cost mana.
    I think this power will play a large part in the skill of monks, where an epic player will manage Mana Tea just right in order to get the most out of their mana and healing.

Thank you 'The Madgod' for fixing the title for me
    Last edited by mmoc3ece278ef7; 2012-03-27 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Monks have less mana than everyone else (25k at 85 compared to other healers with 100k at 85)
    It's still too early to know exactly, whilst some people got a monk at 85 I don't think that's a good reference as Blizzard hadn't intended us to look at a monk so high level. The only information we have regarding our mana is:

Stance of the Wise Serpent (LVL 10)

Increases healing done by 20%, and replaces your Energy resource to Mana.
    Any ability which costs Energy will now cost Mana instead.

Now, should our mana reserves be far smaller than other healers, then quite frankly, I don't see why they would have bothered giving us mana in the first place; they could have left us with energy. I would predict that our mana pool will be similar in size to other healers. (although I could be wrong!)

What this ability (Cherry Mana Tea), it almost suggests that other healers will also have the ability to regen very large sums of mana, because what this ability does, essentially, is give us an infinite amount of resource. So either they give other healers something similar, or you are right, monks will have a much smaller mana reserve than other healers. I can't wait to find out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Monks have less mana than everyone else (25k at 85 compared to other healers with 100k at 85)
    From what I've heard this is a bug currently in the beta, Affiniti said on his stream that the mana cost of spells and mana pool are not scaled for lvl 85 yet. So I assume Monks will have same mana pool as other healing classes (400% base mana)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinski View Post
    From what I've heard this is a bug currently in the beta, Affiniti said on his stream that the mana cost of spells and mana pool are not scaled for lvl 85 yet. So I assume Monks will have same mana pool as other healing classes (400% base mana)
    That is interesting.
    Thanks for posting that.

Unlikely. Since Mistweavers are the only ones that have mana at all, giving them a 400% increase to it is rather pointless. They'll probably just change the base mana itself.

The way I see it, the best way to play this out is through balance. I know it sounds cheesy and all but by being balanced in mana use and chi use, you'll be able to sustain a lot longer. You spend mana to heal and to generate chi (mostly Jab) -> Spend Chi on other healing abilities -> Use Cherry Mana Tea to regen mana. The loss in the cycle is if you have to spend too much mana in healing and don't generate enough Chi. Then you'll start running the cycle dry until you're ultimately out of mana. Also I think of Thunder Force Tea as something more of an "oh let me generate some chi before combat or for some reason I really really need chi and I can't be in melee range". Jab is going to be much much more efficient than 1200 mana a second on Thunder Force Tea.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    The way I see it, the best way to play this out is through balance. I know it sounds cheesy and all but by being balanced in mana use and chi use, you'll be able to sustain a lot longer. You spend mana to heal and to generate chi (mostly Jab) -> Spend Chi on other healing abilities -> Use Cherry Mana Tea to regen mana. The loss in the cycle is if you have to spend too much mana in healing and don't generate enough Chi. Then you'll start running the cycle dry until you're ultimately out of mana. Also I think of Thunder Force Tea as something more of an "oh let me generate some chi before combat or for some reason I really really need chi and I can't be in melee range". Jab is going to be much much more efficient than 1200 mana a second on Thunder Force Tea.
    Makes me wonder if Jab is going to stay the way it is atm (0 mana only limited by gcd) as it's just too easy to generate a lot of Chi with it in downtimes.

So I've had time to toy with this, and it's pretty good. You can basically just mash your Chi spells on CD to build stacks of Mana Tea and call it a day. The tricky part isn't getting the stacks, it's actually spending it.

As of this moment on beta, when you take ANY form of damage, you are instantly interrupted, and it takes quite a bit of the initial channel to even get one tick. Grantit when it interrupts it doesn't waste a stack, but there have been times when I kept mashing the button praying at least one tick would go off.

As of now, if it goes live as it is and you can find spots in encounters to use the mana tea, you will basically never have mana problems. It will be a very simple "Spend Mana to get Chi, spend Chi to get Mana" type model. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out though. If you are on an aura based fight though, for example, your mana regen is going to be very very very bad and will cause issues for your overall healing capabilities.

Deleted
    Thank you for taking the time to post that Affiniti.

If you (or any other Beta testers) get more experience with this power, especially at higher levels, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

This spell really interests me, so the more information and discussion we can get about it the better.

I've always seen this as the monk version of evocation, except a bit better.
    It does take awhile for a tick of mana to come in though? Maybe not as epic as I figured for arena then. But in a PvE scenario it is a nice way to get mana back mid-fight.

If you use the Thunder Tea/Uplift combo every ~9 seconds to maintain rolling Renewing Mists then you're guaranteed a stack of Cherry Tea at least every cycle of that combo. So then it'd take about 6-9 minutes to get a full 50 stacks of Cherry Tea if you didn't consume any, which is about as long if not longer than most raid boss fights, baring Madness, so unlikely to happen lol. You'd also get more Cherry Tea stacks faster if you used Chi Wave in between. It also costs one stack per second of channel which is why the first second of "spamming hoping I can get a tick" can be tricky. Best part about it is if you cancel the channel your remaining stacks don't disappear which is great imo.

There are always periods of lull in the fight or even some phases that aren't as healing intensive where you can spare a few seconds to regenerate your mana. It looks and feels like a balancing act between your two resources like Affinitii said Chi>Mana vs Mana>Chi. The choice then would be to figure out which would be the most efficient Chi generation for your healing style and the fight you're on. Jab will work fine if you can stay in melee range of the boss easily enough, otherwise Jasmine Tea.

Jasmine Tea on Wowhead's list now though seems to be a 6 second channel, up from 3. So 3 Jabs at 4.5 seconds of gcd's may very well be the better Chi generator now. In it's previous incarnation Jasmine Tea seemed to work very well for both the melee healers and standard in-the-back healer play styles. Seems now they're seriously trying to push Monks being in melee more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.