Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Surely, a "recently slain" debuff would fix this (much like the debuff of the same name that is applied in Wintergrasp): each time you are killed, you aren't worth any honor points to that enemy for a short duration, stacking if killed within that duration.

Seeing as graveyard camping (probably) has negative feedback for all those involved (because of the 40-man HK premades at least), we could see the end of graveyard camping in whatever change they are going to roll out over this issue.
    that would work, but these groups aren't going for the honor, but the HK's. I suppose they could make it so people do not afford a honourable kill when slain this way, but how would that interact with say, reinforcement values?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    that would work, but these groups aren't going for the honor, but the HK's. I suppose they could make it so people do not afford a honourable kill when slain this way, but how would that interact with say, reinforcement values?
    If you kill a target worth no honor, it does not count as an honorable kill (HK).

Reinforcement values would still be affected. One death means one less reinforcement. Otherwise, people would be intentionally killing themselves before their "Recently Slain" debuff wears off in order to protect their faction's reinforcement count.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

To think that there used to be people that argued AV was a PVE instance because there were strong NPC's everywhere. How wrong they were.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I'd rather seen solution of removing AV and IOC completely or at least from random queue.
    ill take it.. if av goes back to the fun non zerg times

To get an ach like AB resilient defender you need to form a group and from what I read AV Enabler is the only way to get it done. Pugging it is impossible, they just understand how to not cap at the start.

Only a preform group on voice can understand the strategy and get it done and only AV Enabler is the utility that can have a group potentially get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of the achievement is to do it on equal terms with everyone else. If you have a problem with that achievement on the meta, then campaign to remove it instead of using an addon that unbalances the battleground.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    About AV and it being a zergfest... the problem I see here involves the main goal of the BG (to kill opposing factions leader). What if you...

Either:
    A: Remove the insta win bosses
    B: Make the bosses unattackable until you only have so many reinforcements left.

Do one of those, DONT change the reinforcement system and oh man... PvP WILL HAPPEN.

Also, about AV enabler, I remember the days of actual premades. Damn they were fun, especially when your premade went against another premade (inb4 rated bgs lawl). If they removed their "safeguards" a lot more people would start queing for BG's for fun rather than just honor grinding.

EDIT: Also a suggestion to the que system, make the random bg give the bonus honor/conquest, and make another random bg que not give bonus honor or conquest and allow premades to que through those. Problem solved and both parties are satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    About AV and it being a zergfest... the problem I see here involves the main goal of the BG (to kill opposing factions leader). What if you...

Either:
    A: Remove the insta win bosses
    B: Make the bosses unattackable until you only have so many reinforcements left.

Do one of those, DONT change the reinforcement system and oh man... PvP WILL HAPPEN.

Also, about AV enabler, I remember the days of actual premades. Damn they were fun, especially when your premade went against another premade (inb4 rated bgs lawl). If they removed their "safeguards" a lot more people would start queing for BG's for fun rather than just honor grinding.

EDIT: Also a suggestion to the que system, make the random bg give the bonus honor/conquest, and make another random bg que not give bonus honor or conquest and allow premades to que through those. Problem solved and both parties are satisfied.
    They could also further buff the bosses based on WMs/Marshals left further, perhaps making the buffs 100% increased damage/health for each WM alive.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Typically blizzard deem anything their own addon architecture allows to be free-game, and won't ban anyone for simply doing what the game allows.
    However they will take steps if those actions being allowed are something players should otherwise be prevented from being able to do.
    Those steps usually being to simply remove the option, and maybe revert the gains as in "cheated" raid firsts.
    AVR being such an example, so while I doubt users of the addon will be banned, it is likely that blizzard will take appropriate action to prevent it.

Pardon my lack of knowledge as to how the addon works, but I assume it allows co-ordinated queueing to increase the likelyhood of a number of players to enter the same battleground.
    If that is true then blizzard could perhaps add a randomised delay to any individuals/groups queue so decreasing the chance they will be selected for the same battleground.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-04-02 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between AVR and Preform AV Enabler is that Blizz broke the code that made AVR work, but can't do the same to Preform AV Enabler, hence why they threaten people with bans at this time instead of instantly fixing the problem.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be willing to bet the same people QQing about premades here are the same that would QQ when they come up against a 5-boxer.

Personally, i think premades are fine to a limit, no greater than a 50% man-power from a single server. IE. WSG=5 grouped, AB=7, AV,IoC=20
    this can still allow enough variance and disorganization to allow for a complete experience not being 1 sided.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I'd rather seen solution of removing AV and IOC completely or at least from random queue.
    I whole-heartedly support this. Or at the very least, we should be able to select which BG's we want to queue for, so we can remove any bg's we don't like for whatever reason.

It's not a technological limitation. Back in the day you could queue entire full raids for BGs.

They intentionally now limit it down to just a party of 5 because pugs get utterly DESTROYED by coordinated pre-made teams and it makes BGs unfun for them. If you want to build a full team, you do the NEW rated BGs so you do pre-made vs pre-made to make it fair.

Using addons to circumvent this, as in, more than 5 people queueing at the exact same moment to get stuck in the same BG together, is a big no-no as blizzard has already commented on.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    I whole-heartedly support this. Or at the very least, we should be able to select which BG's we want to queue for, so we can remove any bg's we don't like for whatever reason.
    If people don't queue for AV, then it'll be a dead BG. People queueing for AV will complain that no-one goes there. AV will get re-added to the random queue.

If you don't like it, then either leave or defend if you want to PvP. Bring 4 friends along if you want to make it easier.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    This is not something that we are encouraging, but it is also something that we currently have no realistic way to prevent. That being said, this is something that may change soon, which is why we always advise people to not use any type of add-on designed to circumvent or bend our balancing safeguards... using such add-ons can lead to severe account penalties!
    (Source)
    so basically blizzard dnt want you using an addon to have fun in pvp and they dnt really want to sort out the botting problem either another middle finger towards the pvp community thanks blizzard

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Typically blizzard deem anything their own addon architecture allows to be free-game, and won't ban anyone for simply doing what the game allows.
    However they will take steps if those actions being allowed are something players should otherwise be prevented from being able to do.
    Those steps usually being to simply remove the option, and maybe revert the gains as in "cheated" raid firsts.
    AVR being such an example, so while I doubt users of the addon will be banned, it is likely that blizzard will take appropriate action to prevent it.

Pardon my lack of knowledge as to how the addon works, but I assume it allows co-ordinated queueing to increase the likelyhood of a number of players to enter the same battleground.
    If that is true then blizzard could perhaps add a randomised delay to any individuals/groups queue so decreasing the chance they will be selected for the same battleground.
    ofc nobody will be banned nobody ever gets banned in wow anymore even botters and hackers are allowed to roam freely in this game cos every ban = 1 lost sub and loss of money, so tbh you could download a bot and not get banned etc

10+ Year Old Account
    That "addon to have fun in PvP" is very one-sided, which is why they threaten to action you.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    so basically they want nobody to have fun in pvp and i wont be suprised at huge sub losses over this year due to the fact blizzard dnt care about pvp. they shud just remove it and be done with it cos its a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    The addon isn't required to have fun in PvP. The addon is required to roflstomp players of the opposing faction, who have kicked up a stink about it on the official forums.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Considering the garbage level of some of the players you meet in battlegrounds, I have nothing against using this addon. In 10-15 man bg's its a bit overkill, but when playing AV and half your team is in the caves trying to get the flag to get their insignia.... yeah, no.....

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they're playing to the BG objective, Hexotic.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)