Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Bear] Onyxia 10m was simple enough...

Was just wondering how much more difficult 25m was for a well geared, well skilled druid tank. Anyone with any experience?

Deleted
    Well, you hardly need to use any cooldown while soloing 10man.
    With some skilled use of the cooldowns, 25man could be doable just thinking about it.

It would take forever in the second phase though :P

Would probably need some timing on when to hit phase 3 as well, with as little adds as possible alive.

Can't solo it 25 man it has 23m health LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Can't solo it 25 man it has 23m health LOL
    Yeah, because the enrage timer is pretty tight, right?

Oh yeah, the fight has no enrage timer so as long as you can survive everything you will kill it.

LOL back at you.

If you can take down her HP pool with smart CD use it would be fine. whelp pahse, just round them up and jsut a super amazing thorns and back to bear to make the whole thing so much easier maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Denjiki View Post
    Was just wondering how much more difficult 25m was for a well geared, well skilled druid tank. Anyone with any experience?
    I thought about it. And I'm pretty sure that her damage is not high enough to kill me.

But it takes ~10 minutes to down her in 10man and most of it comes from fly phase. And we use a lot of "smart tactics", like poping berserk and dpsing her down when she walks to fly up, doting her up with rip and rake, etc.

When I think that it can take up to several hours to down her in 25man, I just realize I'm not that crazy to even try

Deleted
    Phase 2 in 10man is 720,000 damage needed, lets say that takes 10 minutes.

Phase 2 in 25man is 3,346,800 damage needed, so it would take you 45-50 minutes at best.
    I suspect you need to focus more on killing the big adds in 25man though, to reduce the damage you take which would prolong phase 2 even more.

Maybe assume 1 hour to get past phase 2, and the fight could be over in something like 90 minutes?
    Would suck to wipe at some fear in the end though...

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    Yeah, because the enrage timer is pretty tight, right?

Oh yeah, the fight has no enrage timer so as long as you can survive everything you will kill it.

LOL back at you.
    What are you 12? Onyxia alone has 23m health plus counting the adds health the fight would take ages. Her health plus all the adds health could be like 30m+ Health...Just not soloable. Infact i don't even think anybody has solod 25 Onyxia yet. Especially as tank i mean do the math just don't have enough DPS to be able to solo it.

Grats on making yourself look ignorant and obnoxious though.

What are you 12? Onyxia alone has 23m health plus counting the adds health the fight would take ages. Her health plus all the adds health could be like 30m+ Health...Just not soloable. Infact i don't even think anybody has solod 25 Onyxia yet. Especially as tank i mean do the math just don't even have enough DPS.

DK in my guild solos it no problem. Grats making yourself look lik-.... Etc etc
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    DK in my guild solos it no problem.
    Tell him post a video and he might have world first 25 man onyxia solo??

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 02:49 PM ----------

Elaborate?

Tell him post a video and he might have world first 25 man onyxia solo??

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 02:49 PM ----------

Elaborate?
    I've soloed the fight on 25 man on my DK, you can find a SS in the Blood Solo thread on the DK forums. The fight is more about attrition if anything, there isn't anything remotely hard about it, just not screwing up p2. I'm not sure if a druids thrash/swipe will hit Onyxia in the air but if it does, it'll make the fight go by a lot quicker than a DK (I'm guessing here). The only dangerous part is the big adds in p2 with the fire cleave that hits for 20k~ per swing, if you can burst them down fast enough it might not be a problem (They have about 450k hp)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    I've soloed the fight on 25 man on my DK, you can find a SS in the Blood Solo thread on the DK forums. The fight is more about attrition if anything, there isn't anything remotely hard about it, just not screwing up p2. I'm not sure if a druids thrash/swipe will hit Onyxia in the air but if it does, it'll make the fight go by a lot quicker than a DK (I'm guessing here). The only dangerous part is the big adds in p2 with the fire cleave that hits for 20k~ per swing, if you can burst them down fast enough it might not be a problem (They have about 450k hp)
    Ah, Blood DKs can solo anything i swear. Tried YTing 25 man Onyxia solo but there was no videos and did a rough google search. Do you know who got world first 25 onyxia solo?

Deleted
    What are you 12? Onyxia alone has 23m health plus counting the adds health the fight would take ages. Her health plus all the adds health could be like 30m+ Health...Just not soloable. Infact i don't even think anybody has solod 25 Onyxia yet. Especially as tank i mean do the math just don't have enough DPS to be able to solo it.

Since when is just a flat number for health an issue?
    If you can survive anything that is thrown at you, and there is no enrage timer, she might as well have 200 million health and still be doable but the fight will take days.
    Still doesn't make it un-soloable.

I posted an assumption above on the fight taking one and a half hour, i wouldn't call that ages but still a very long time yes.

And about me acting like 12, you started that out pretty good yourself so i just sort of went with the flow.

Maybe assume 1 hour to get past phase 2, and the fight could be over in something like 90 minutes?
    Would suck to wipe at some fear in the end though...
    Just over an hour for the whole thing. Fear+2 lair guards brought me to about 40k as p3 started, but at least I was smart enough to hold CDs for that
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=389&e=4192
    (I don't know why it says 10, you can check the damage the boss took)

Total damage done: 130386151. Lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Just over an hour for the whole thing. Fear+2 lair guards brought me to about 40k as p3 started, but at least I was smart enough to hold CDs for that

Congratulations.

Apparently this guy saying 25 man Onyxia 'can't be soloed' doesn't believe all the Cata bosses that have been soloed, because "they all have a bunch of health"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Apparently this guy saying 25 man Onyxia 'can't be soloed' doesn't believe all the Cata bosses that have been soloed, because "they all have a bunch of health"
    Pretty much this. I'm personally thinking it's a case of "I couldn't do it, so that must mean it's IMPOSSIBRU!" but who knows.

I wonder if he knows it's possible to solo 25m Flame Leviathan.

OT: Braindwen saves the day. Looks like it's about an hour in good gear.
    Last edited by Jeffyjimbob; 2012-03-27 at 06:07 AM.

good gear.
    Definitely that one^
    ~400 Ilvl.

The trash looks like a good indicator: it hit about as hard as Ony did, so if you have any issues with it... zone out, turn it to 10, and save yourself 45 minutes.
    Actually, just do that anyway. Although it was fun racing the "raid starting" enrage timer.

My raid-lead whispered me "Solo it faster!" around 40 minutes in .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post

Phase 1 7 minutes, phase 2 47 minutes and phase 3 6 minutes, not bad.
    My assumptions weren't to far off although i thought phase 1 and 3 would take longer
    Last edited by mmocd3fb6fa5b2; 2012-03-27 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I thought about it. And I'm pretty sure that her damage is not high enough to kill me.

But it takes ~10 minutes to down her in 10man and most of it comes from fly phase. And we use a lot of "smart tactics", like poping berserk and dpsing her down when she walks to fly up, doting her up with rip and rake, etc.

When I think that it can take up to several hours to down her in 25man, I just realize I'm not that crazy to even try
    o.0 How are you getting her down so fast? My first (and admittedly ONLY) successfull solo kill ended up takeing just under 25 minutes. With only Thrash, Swipe and Faerie fire able to hit her in the air, and only if you are always right under her, it just took forever.

I just said screw it, and now 2 man it with a ranged dps friend. She dies in like 3 minutes.