Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP - Psychic Scream Baseline Again, MC Talented, And new Mystery Talents.

http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#p

New tree is much more interesting than the last. Some shiny bits:

~ Psychic Scream is now Baseline again, and MC is now a lvl 10 Talent.
    ~ Phantasm gives immunity to ranged attacks and snares/roots for a time after use.
    ~ Vow of Unity and Void Shift were both changed to be better or worse depending on how you look at them
    ~ level 45 and 90 talents now have new mystery talents that are NYI

~ Not a talent, but our level 87 ability Spectral Guise is back (yay!)
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Excuse my bluntness, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's so awesome about Spectral Guise.

Spectral Guise: New. Your shadow blurs into the darkness, leaving your true form behind. As a shadow you are invisible, but remain in combat. Lasts 6 sec or until your true form is hit by 3 direct attacks. 30 sec cooldown, Instant cast.
    Sounds sort of like a minor twist on Fade, and I can't really imagine any situation when it would be useful.

Did I miss something? O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Excuse my bluntness, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's so awesome about Spectral Guise.

Sounds sort of like a minor twist on Fade, and I can't really imagine any situation when it would be useful.

Did I miss something? O.o
    You are about to be shatter-combo'd, you press Spectral Guise - your guise is shatter combo'd instead. You drop to execute range versus a hunter, you press spectral guise, he Aimed Shot/Killshot/Killshots your guise instead. A ret with wings and zealotry up gets to melee range with you, you press spectral guise, he blows his best abilities into your guise.

If it doesn't work like this - if you take the damage your guise takes - then yes it sucks - but this is how I interpret it, and that makes it very very useful.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'm still not sold on Psyfiend and how it may effect DR.

Mind Control as a talent? It goes back to something I said earlier about disliking having to re-earn or pick from things I've already had for literally years at a base. It's nice that it effects a broader range of targets, but a talent? I'd really only think of it as a talent selection if they got rid of the channeled element, and the target, in PvE at least, was a temporary pet for its duration. The way Mind Control has worked, as a channeled spell, has never meshed well with how people have tended to run content in WotLK and Cata. Maybe this will change in MoP, but, that's information we quite simply do not have yet.

The tentacles just seem like the obvious choice until Psyfiend is better clarified or explained (and maybe I just missed a better explanation of its effect on DR in the ask a beta tester thread). I'm pretty sure that if there seems to be an obvious choice that Blizzard still have some fiddling to do.
    -

Yeah, it's beta, I know.

on the tree linked by op mind control (dominate mind) says that it works on targets upto lvl 41, most likely kind of typo?

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    on the tree linked by op mind control (dominate mind) says that it works on targets upto lvl 41, most likely kind of typo?
    yea its a typo.. watch my shadowpriest beta preview.
    <inactive>

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Dispel
    38% of Base Mana 30 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Can be cast in Shadowform
    Dispels magic in a 15 yard radius, removing 100 harmful spells from each friendly target and 100 beneficial spells from each enemy target. Affects a maximum of 10 friendly targets and 10 enemy targets. This dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable.
    Does it really say that or Im just dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    datamining bug.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    You are about to be shatter-combo'd, you press Spectral Guise - your guise is shatter combo'd instead. You drop to execute range versus a hunter, you press spectral guise, he Aimed Shot/Killshot/Killshots your guise instead. A ret with wings and zealotry up gets to melee range with you, you press spectral guise, he blows his best abilities into your guise.

If it doesn't work like this - if you take the damage your guise takes - then yes it sucks - but this is how I interpret it, and that makes it very very useful.
    It has to work like this or its stupid useless. Also 3 attacks is nothing in a world of auto attacks and thing's like flurry (enh shaman DW warriors).
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Some shiny bits:
    Where have you been the last week?
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    ~ Psychic Scream is now Baseline again, and MC is now a lvl 10 Talent.
    And Psychic Scream shares CD with Tendrils and Psyfiend....

You are about to be shatter-combo'd, you press Spectral Guise, You drop to execute range versus a hunter, you press spectral guise,
    You pick Phantasm, your fade now does the same. Since the movespeed talents are garbage anyway without a snare removel, and with phantasm you can't run away anyways because you lack the movespeed increase, phantasms only use is to dodge ranged attacks.
    A ret with wings and zealotry up gets to melee range with you,
    You disperse or use your now 35/45 sec psychic scream.
    Also 3 attacks is nothing in a world of auto attacks and thing's like flurry (enh shaman DW warriors).
    IF the word "direct hits" does include auto attack, the spell will be horrible. So i doubt it will include them.

Fom here on, it's pure speculation and i'm leaning myself out of the window, but i expect Spectral Guise to share CD with Fade.
    Why? For PvE, Spectral Guise and Fade have basically the same effect, you temporarly drop aggro. You don't need two aggro drops every 30 seconds.
    Phantasm + Spectral Guise combined would result in up to 9 seconds out 30 seconds that ranged specs are unable to attack you. Thats 30% of the time. Add in dispersion and that's practically to much of damage dodging abilities we have. Either Spectral Guises' CD will be higher (turning it into dispersion) or it will share a CD with Fade (what i think about that, i don't know).

Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    Probably they changed all helpful dispels to dispel 100 harmful effects off the target as a quick implementation fix.
    The tooltip will likely be updated to say "all effects" sometime soon.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I really hope they make the MC talent the way the WotLK engineer mindcontrol gadget did, so that you can control your character like normal, and the MC'ed target as a pet (who uses spells on random). If they just keep it like today's MC i'll be a sad panda.

Deleted
    Does Fade (with phantasm) affect spells too? Could i for example use it to soak on Ultraxion?

Does Vow of Unity double dip from Binding heal, PoH, CoH etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Does Fade (with phantasm) affect spells too? Could i for example use it to soak on Ultraxion?
    It only makes you untargetable by any ranged attack, including spells. It doesn't make you damage immune (or immun to aoe effects), so no, it won't help soaking on ultraxion.

Does Vow of Unity double dip from Binding heal, PoH, CoH etc?
    You can't level to 90 yet.

Deleted
    Maybe soaking on Ultraxion was a bad example as it's just an AoE. Lets say Aquiring Target on Omnotron instead... Basically what i'm asking is if this can help you soak/deflect/whatever dmg in pve or if it's purely a pvp talent :P

I didn't know you can't be 90 yet, guess we'll just have to wait and see
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2012-03-27 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slazky View Post
    I really hope they make the MC talent the way the WotLK engineer mindcontrol gadget did, so that you can control your character like normal, and the MC'ed target as a pet (who uses spells on random). If they just keep it like today's MC i'll be a sad panda.
    That's unlikely because of game restrictions. It apparently isn't possible to have two pet bars from what I have read on the Shaman forums, they wanted to be able to control their elementals/totems with them, but they already have a pet bar for Spirit Wolves so it isn't possible. The same would be true of us and Shadowfiend.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post

I fear it could be exactly like that, since nothing in the spell description mentions damage absorptions or similar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It has to work like this or its stupid useless. Also 3 attacks is nothing in a world of auto attacks and thing's like flurry (enh shaman DW warriors).
    Ya - presumably direct attacks means abilities / GCDs - because definitely dot ticks and white attacks would break it under a second.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Slazky View Post
    Right now it works like regular MC... but currently you can get off a void shift on your target while you have them dominated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone notice with Vow of Unity it can't be cast on tanks? (I'm not sure if that was in the last build or not, sorry if it was. New to me anyway)