Poll: Did you sub multiple accounts?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did you sub multiple WoW accounts and got BETA?

So here's the deal. Various variables apparently decide whether you get into BETA or not. The official quote: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...91?page=17#332

I'm wondering how many of you subbed multiple WoW accounts and got into BETA, or perhaps you didn't sub multiple and still got BETA. I personally took a sub on two accounts for about 4 years (total 8 years) and 2 more on my main (totals 10 years). I wouldn't be surprised if this somehow counts for your chances to get into the BETA early.

Edit: To clarify, I got into BETA today.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-03-30 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    I think it's just the account you nominated for the mount, since you can sign for the AP on all accounts I assume they treat each one individually.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think it's just the account you nominated for the mount, since you can sign for the AP on all accounts I assume they treat each one individually.
    Good point, it's a possibility at least I'll wait to see the poll results.

I have a total of 4 accounts (2 of which are active). I subbed day one of Vanilla and was in the beta for Vanilla. When it came out I subbed that account and my friend paid me monthly for his account that I used with my email. Account 1 and 2 are no longer active because we used RAF to get some easy levels from our orignal accounts. Now I have 2 accounts from about 2007 or so and my account is setup for the AP but his is not. I'm not in beta but I hope they take into account that there are 2 accounts under my bnet that are from day one of Vanilla, They probably won't but I'm patient and I'll get it when I get it so I can test.

Deleted
    I find that odd to believe. So far ive seen people with less gametime getting in while i do not.
    I doubt it has alot to do with gametime spend.

other factors (imo) should/could be:

Ever tested beta before y/n
    Computer specs
    Ingame behaviour social/harrassing
    Temp/perm bans
    Time played on character
    achievments earned (shows how much u did/know about the various aspects in WoW)

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    I have a total of 4 accounts (2 of which are active). I subbed day one of Vanilla and was in the beta for Vanilla. When it came out I subbed that account and my friend paid me monthly for his account that I used with my email. Account 1 and 2 are no longer active because we used RAF to get some easy levels from our orignal accounts. Now I have 2 accounts from about 2007 or so and my account is setup for the AP but his is not. I'm not in beta but I hope they take into account that there are 2 accounts under my bnet that are from day one of Vanilla, They probably won't but I'm patient and I'll get it when I get it so I can test.
    Thanks, this would indicate that there is absolutely no relation between multiple accounts and BETA. Too soon to say of course, but still a clear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    So here's the deal. Various variables apparently decide whether you get into BETA or not. The official quote: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...91?page=17#332

I'm wondering how many of you subbed multiple WoW accounts and got into BETA, or perhaps you didn't sub multiple and still got BETA. I personally took a sub on two accounts for about 4 years (total 8 years) and 2 more on my main (totals 10 years). I wouldn't be surprised if this somehow counts for your chances to get into the BETA early.

Edit: To clarify, I got into BETA today.
    I got in the first wave way before you, and only 1 account @ 2004. So no, I don't think it's any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, the length the account is active takes into consideration if you have *ever* stopped the original payment option of the account. So if you changed bank cards, or decided to switch to paypal - that reset your time. Also Game Time Cards reset your time every 1/3 months dependent how much time is on the card.

Aside from "Beta invites are totally random" there is no way to guarantee when you will get in. The sample size we have established on this site shows that 5 people that started playing on Day One of Classic and got the AP on Day One are as likely to get in as someone who subbed last month and doesn't have a AP.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2012-03-30 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    For the record, the length the account is active takes into consideration if you have *ever* stopped the original payment option of the account. So if you changed bank cards, or decided to switch to paypal - that reset your time. Also Game Time Cards reset your time every 1/3 months dependent how much time is on the card.

Aside from "Beta invites are totally random" there is no way to guarantee when you will get in. The sample size we have established on this site shows that 5 people that started playing on Day One of Classic and got the AP on Day One are as likely to get in as someone who subbed last month and doesn't have a AP.
    Sample size? Besides the slightly confusing rhetoric, you are dead wrong. Most people that have reported getting access to the beta so far are from 2004, 2005 and 2006. There are some reports of 2007 people getting in, but so far no 2011 or 2012 people, or even 2008. Unless I missed one.

And second, your time isn't reset, they specifically mentioned cumulative, which was probably meant to be additive (since you can't multiply sub periods, but you can add them), but basically means that all your active sub time is combined, hence my question: Would having two active subbed accounts count. So far it seems like it doesn't.

And what's your source on this assumption?

I've canceled my account several times, and also changed payment options. With your logic, my account would be like 1 year old. And I got in the first wave.

Your assumption is flawed. Flawed I tell you!

Deleted
    Anyone who has the AP and has had an account since 04/05/06 I would suggest double checking your Bnet account rather than waiting for an email. I checked my account this morning and had the Beta added, but I still haven't received the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Anyone who has the AP and has had an account since 04/05/06 I would suggest double checking your Bnet account rather than waiting for an email. I checked my account this morning and had the Beta added, but I still haven't received the email.
    Same, no BETA mail, but still received the BETA on my BNet account.

I'm fairly certain this is being made overly complicated.
    Consider that they have to draw it from some sort of database, where they are probably not bothering with excessively advanced queries.

My guess: If they want 100k people, they make a query for annual pass holders, sorted primarily by AP sign-up date, and secondary by cumulative subscription time, and return 100.000 results.

I can 110% assure you that they do not have a devious monkey looking up every single person along with his eating habits, and then dice-rolling based on their zodiac. (As some of you seem to think)

Single account
    Activated 11/23/2004 (Launch Day)
    Collector's Editions across the board
    No lapses in account activity time
    Annual Pass on 10/22/2011 (2nd day of Blizzcon)
    Been in since last week
    Never got an email. Just checked my Battle.net account and it was there back on evening of March 21st (Wednesday last week)
    Canadian resident (So North American servers)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCoolName View Post
    I'm fairly certain this is being made overly complicated.
    Consider that they have to draw it from some sort of database, where they are probably not bothering with excessively advanced queries.

My guess: If they want 100k people, they make a query for annual pass holders, sorted primarily by AP sign-up date, and secondary by cumulative subscription time, and return 100.000 results.

I can 110% assure you that they do not have a devious monkey looking up every single person along with his eating habits, and then dice-rolling based on their zodiac. (As some of you seem to think)
    Yeah, that's quite obvious, but ehh.. aren't you making things a little complicated? It's exactly this "Cumulative" subscription time that makes me wonder, since cumulative means having a multiplication of some sort, additive means adding all subscription time. What's there to multiply?

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yeah, that's quite obvious, but ehh.. aren't you making things a little complicated? It's exactly this "Cumulative" subscription time that makes me wonder, since cumulative means having a multiplication of some sort, additive means adding all subscription time. What's there to multiply?
    cu·mu·la·tive   [kyoo-myuh-luh-tiv, -ley-tiv]
    adjective
    increasing or growing by accumulation or successive additions: the cumulative effect of one rejection after another.
    formed by or resulting from accumulation or the addition of successive parts or elements.
    of or pertaining to interest or dividends that, if not paid when due, become a prior claim for payment in the future: cumulative preferred stocks.
    -dictionary.com
    It's really really simple. If there's one thing they will know, that's how long you've paid.

Deleted
    For the record, the length the account is active takes into consideration if you have *ever* stopped the original payment option of the account.
    Simply not true, I cancel my account for at least 2 months of each year over the summer whilst I take a break from the game. Still got 2nd wave of Beta invites on my account.

By your logic my account would have been marked as a 2011 account, rather than 2005 when I started the account.

Where's the option: I subbed multiple accounts 2005, and didn't get beta.

That's where I fall.

Deleted
    3 accounts
    2 accounts - 2007
    1 account - 2010
    No beta yet

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCoolName View Post
    It's really really simple. If there's one thing they will know, that's how long you've paid.
    What's your point? I'm perfectly aware what cumulative means in math, or when you are in debt, but it doesn't make sense to apply it to subscription fees, since there is nothing to multiply. Do you even understand what cumulative means, I wonder....

Cumulative is basically when you have money (ex. 1000) stored in your bank account and you get 5% interest on that amount each year.

First year : 1000 * 1.05
    Second year: 1000 * 1.05^2
    Etc.

They call it interest over interest and that's the part that makes it successive accumulation.This doesn't apply to subscription fees.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-03-30 at 01:21 PM.