Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was starting to like Sacred Shield...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I was starting to like Sacred Shield...
    So was I, but then I learned it was dispellable. This made me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burden of Guilt needs to be baseline for ret only and without DR.
    Choices in said tier have too many downsides, we need to be able to have the snare and still be able to choose Fist of justice or "Polypentance", otherwise our mobility will be the same shit as.... allways? lol
    We also need our old Hand of freedom, able to dispel stun effects on ourselves, as a trade for it being dispelable.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-03-30 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    Choices in said tier have too many downsides, we need to be able to have the snare and still be able to choose Fist of justice or "Polypentance", otherwise our mobility will be the same shit as.... allways? lol
    We also need our old Hand of freedom, able to dispel stun effects on ourselves, as a trade for it being dispelable.
    I think you'll find that SoJ is quite viable with Seals off the GCD and the buff to SoJ dmg. It will most likely be viable to keep up censure while keeping them snared. However if it is not then yes I do believe burden of guilt pails in comparison to an improved hoj or a spammable cc which is also a makeshift gap closer. So it should either be redone(could reduce the cd of blinding light or w/e while keeping this effect) or replaced.

I also wouldn't mind being able to choose a root over a disorient.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-03-30 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I think you'll find that SoJ is quite viable with Seals off the GCD and the buff to SoJ dmg. It will most likely be viable to keep up censure while keeping them snared. However if it is not then yes I do believe burden of guilt pails in comparison to an improved hoj or a spammable cc which is also a makeshift gap closer. So it should either be redone(could reduce the cd of blinding light or w/e while keeping this effect) or replaced.

I hope seals being off GCD will help. What i fear is the necesity of melee hits for a snare with SoJ (PvP wise)
    I would love to see SoJ snare procing form judgement.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-03-30 at 11:19 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be RIDICULOUSLY OP. Sorry, but 2 sources of snares and the choice to have a 30 sec CD hammer? Yeah, no...

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

There's a glyph that makes it a 3 second knockdown instead of blinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    That would be RIDICULOUSLY OP. Sorry, but 2 sources of snares and the choice to have a 30 sec CD hammer? Yeah, no...[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah rogues auto snare, mage's lol I snare you without doing anything on top of lol I root you without even doing anything and Dk's lol snare by just doing my normal rotation. Nah that's not OP, give me a break. The fact of the matter is that you're not making a choice in that talent tier, a Ret will have to pick that snare in like 90% of pvp situations.
    Last edited by mmoc3c86fd3c1f; 2012-03-31 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    might be true from a PVE pov, from a PvP pov, however, I doubt that. I feel the lack of tools disturbing. Choosing between a decent snare and a stun? fro real? -.-
    People has issues reading the tooltip properly again, Seal of Justice is ALWAYS a 50% slow

I hope seals being off GCD will help. What i fear is the necesity of melee hits for a snare with SoJ (PvP wise)
    I would love to see SoJ snare procing form judgement.
    This wont ever happen unless they made BoG baseline or just removed it. Apart from the added few seconds on the snare, what reason would you ever have to take BoG over repent/fists if SoJ proced from judgements, even more so now with seals being off the GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be RIDICULOUSLY OP. Sorry, but 2 sources of snares and the choice to have a 30 sec CD hammer? Yeah, no...
    Nope. Those two snares do not stack with each other (which means that they pretty much give the same debuff), plus "Burden of Guilt" is the only ranged snare we will have, at all ("Seal of Justice" only adds a snare when being in melee range, so it does not exactly help us closing the gap).

Also, when comparing this spec to any melee in this game, not only do some of them have a ton of snares, but also a gap closer, along with increased running speed. We lack an actual gap closer, we lack the option to choose something else besides "Burden of Guilt" since it will be pretty much mandatory (with the exception of a few teams who have a lot of snares, already), and we will lose our spammable "Cleanse", which will make it really, really frustrating when getting pinned down in one place without being able to do anything about it.

Unless they buff Ret's mobility toolkit or nerf classes like Mages, for instance, we will be having glaring issues with getting within range, despite having a few new ranged tools and better options.

Either they need to give us an actual gap closer or make sure that we are not as vulnerable towards snares as other meleers, otherwise this spec will not work. Not getting to stay on your target 100% of the time is fine, but when it comes to Ret, we are having a hard time getting in range, to begin with, so they need to adress this.

We are already losing one CC with "Repentance", so even with this new snare, we are getting gimped because of it. Making "Burden of Guilt" baseline would be the most effective solution to this problem, since it would then open up the 2nd tier for us Ret Paladins.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-03-31 at 02:10 PM.

This guy...seriously...yeah no

He needs the explanation twice, maybe he'll learn something about classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Comparing this spec to any melee in this game, not only do some of them have a ton of snares, but also a gap closer, along with increased running speed. We lack an actual gap closer.

They need to make 2 versions of cleanse, stop with this glyph stuff.

Give holy a cleanse that removes all poisons/diseases and magic (once at right level), with a cooldown of 8 seconds.

Give ret and prot a cleanse that removes one poison, disease and a movement impairing effect if cast on your self. No cooldown.

Really blizzard is it that hard? Can you make tickets on the beta yet? Should get spamming stuff about cleanse, it will break rets mobility if they don't do something. Two steps forward, one step back.

Two steps forward, one step back.
    Thats technically one step forward... at least its a start then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    They need to make 2 versions of cleanse, stop with this glyph stuff.

Give holy a cleanse that removes all poisons/diseases and magic (once at right level), with a cooldown of 8 seconds.

Give ret and prot a cleanse that removes one poison, disease and a movement impairing effect if cast on your self. No cooldown.

Really blizzard is it that hard? Can you make tickets on the beta yet? Should get spamming stuff about cleanse, it will break rets mobility if they don't do something. Two steps forward, one step back.
    I personally am baffled that they even made that into a glyph. It's like they completely forgot the beginning of "Cataclysm" when Retribution had no proper way of getting out of snares and could not reach the desired target. It is simply mandatory for the spec, yet we need to waste one whole glyph slot for it? Is this a joke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    This wont ever happen unless they made BoG baseline or just removed it. Apart from the added few seconds on the snare, what reason would you ever have to take BoG over repent/fists if SoJ proced from judgements, even more so now with seals being off the GCD.
    The idea of SoJ procing from judgement would give us choices, a clunkier version of BoG in trade for Fist/Repent or to chose BoG without any dps loss.
    If the current state goes live, it will give us zero choices and BoG will be mandatory for every pvp spec since SoJ only procs from melee swings, which is useless against any ranged class, this last makes seals off GcD completely useless, why would u want to sacrifice seal of Truth dps for SoJ if u cant even reach your target.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-03-31 at 05:00 PM.