Poll: New models release or later?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are you glad they waited for new models?

After seeing the amazing Pandaren models and animation I for one am glad they are not releasing the new models for old characters at release. Why you may ask? Well I believe if they wanted to just update the models they could probably do it pretty fast, however if they update all the models and textures to mop quality and create newer animations, well that is more work.

So the question is this. Would you prefer newer updated models at launch or MOP quality Models, textures and animation but wait a little longer...

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone wants them rushed out as half-finished jobs. I really want the new models but I'll glady wait patiently in hopes of getting a far better finished bunch of models with updated animations and textures.

Hell, we've gone this long with the old ones, what's a few more months?

Deleted
    I think if they upgrade it all, it will bring some new life into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is other things that got worked on, I dont care. I am happy they're doing it at some point, but not mad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are gonna do it at all they should do it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, come on. They were definately needed with Cataclysm and the shiny Goblins, but even possible when BC or Wrath was released (Vrykul anyone?)

MoP Release is at least 3 years to late.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Oh, come on. They were definately needed with Cataclysm and the shiny Goblins, but even possible when BC or Wrath was released (Vrykul anyone?)

MoP Release is at least 3 years to late.
    So are you saying they should release new character models after every expansion? Because WotLK models were better than TBC models. Cata models were better than WotLK models. MoP models are better than Cata models.

Let them be released when they are done and with some of the apparent pandarian facial expressions. Don't want something that looks half assed.

push the release date back half a year if they have to, just don't release without new models

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    push the release date back half a year if they have to, just don't release without new models
    Honestly if they have everything ready but the new models I would prefer having the expansion and wait for the models. I couldn't care less when we get them as long as they are coming

I just can't believe that some people find them this important. Guess what, you'll be tired of them in a week and they'll be just like any other model, boring. Don't even expect a whole new revamp to the models, they'll just fix the point edges/hair up and maybe give them some more detailed faces, that's it.

Even I am an model-a-holic, but I don't even find the player model THAT important, they're covered in armor from top to toe and are turning their backs against you, most of the time you won't even notice it as it's gonna be the same old plain animations. Working out 8 new models is something, but having to update all 8 animation sets, don't ever expect Blizzard to do that aslong as they can get away without doing it.

Gameplay > Graphics any time, this is just the time for graphic whiners to have their stand and be able to spam the forums. I don't want halfa year more of Dragon Soul because someone doesn't like the look of his gnome.

So worth the wait. I'd much rather have them brought up to Pandaren quality.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather have a new expansion to play than wait on new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    So worth the wait. I'd much rather have them brought up to Pandaren quality.
    My sentiments exactly. In fact I will be disappointed if it's anything less.

Deleted
    I'm not sure. I think Gnomes are supposed to look geeky and weird but I think they look cool as is and a model update might change that for me.

It's a good way to stretch out the content since I really believe 80% of the playerbase is going to level a panda, meaning levelling from 1 - 90. The models are so good compared to the rest of the classes.

seems to me like they are going to release alot of content with MoP, raids dungeons etc.. then the first patch will be new models giving them extra time to perfect it while we all enjoy MoP. They said new raid content every other patch and every couple months and it looks like the in between patches will be things like new models. Though with the work involved the second round of raids/content may be a little lack luster with all the time spent on new models. Should be smooth sailing from there though for awhile

Deleted
    For as long as they release the new models as they go or at least during the MoP expansion in a later patch, I don't mind waiting. What I would mind is if we had to wait for the expansion after MoP for them to be released.

they do seem to update only new models that are new in the xpac ,
    if cata updated all the old world zones - i would like to see that MOP update all the models.

its been 7+ years and by the time the xpac will come out it will be 8 or maybe 8+ years..thats using models and skins almost a decade old.

just to understand my point try to envision the famous WC3 (the new 3D RTS) using the WC1 models...

TBH, watching the beta clips of ppl playing pandas with all the emots etc making wana hurl, is that warcraft anymore? or are we playing a carebear MMO with that unconvincing new MONK class .

honestly, i dont see how an empty handed warrior with an arsenal of hands and legs movments can help down a flaming boss like RAG or heavy armored elemental boss made out of elementium.

all these efforts and work done on those walking pandas looks like a waste to me (real childish sleeping animation , and that rolling on the floor like a ball ??)...old models should come first...