Poll: How would you rate your taste?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letharg View Post
    well while the poll said they ARE jealous of my taste in realitiy the SHOULD BE jealous of my taste in music.
    But yes my taste in music is awesome and I know a hell a lot of music so I know!
    Im not proud of many things but my taste of music is probably, well not probably but IT IS the best taste in music anyone on this god damn planet has!

edit says: This is not trolling I am serious about it. Im listening to music above 90% of my awake time and without it I probably wouldve killed myself long ago.
    Music has become addictive to me.. need to go out for 2-3 hours and walk around in the dark listening to music before i go to bed. It's just a great feeling, no matter the musical tone, be it sad, uplifting..

Deleted
    what i listen to isnt exacly mainstream, never really heard much of what i like on the radio, in my opinion most of the stuff i hear on the radio these days is total garbage.
    i guess since i don't like most of the most popular music, no, i dont have a great taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say my taste in music is, at the very least, open. Like many others, I have my favourite genres/eras/'tags', but I give any artist and song a fair chance at approval. And I try to know enough about the different genres I encounter regularly to give a somewhat educated non-biased opinion on them.

To put it this way, I know Dream Theater is amazing technically and they have some songs that strangely enough manage to be catchy. But I prefer Hair Metal, without trying to portray it as the pinnacle of skill =P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

How can someone be jealous? Doesnt make any sense

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    *woosh*
    I didn't like the new DT album, but there's a section in On the Back of Angels with a ghost note bass/snare pattern that gives me a musical hard-on. Agree with your points though. The only thing you can measure to a degree is creativity (note placement is a part of it) and technical skill. Major respect to musicians that can turn odd times into smooth beats in which you don't get the 'skipping wheel' feeling when it starts over.
    Last edited by mea; 2012-03-28 at 12:13 AM.

I listen to a lot of indie and classic rock, I'd say my taste in music is like, an 8 out of 10 in terms of music integrity and skill. I don't listen to rap and trashy pop music.

To those who disagree and will trash me for my musical taste. It's ALL OPINION. Get over yourself. If you listen to rap and pop, and think indie and garbage, cool story bro, has nothing to do with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    ?

I consider it good. Mostly trance though. Not that dubstep crap either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    ?

I consider it good. Mostly trance though. Not that dubstep crap either.
    You could be me :O

Honestly, I listen to a lot of different stuff depending on my mood. Various sorts of trance and chillout are however my main choices.
    Only things I don't ever listen to are black/death metal, soul, and very very rarely rap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think I have good taste in music. The only reason I think you could have bad taste is if you just stick to on genre. There are hundreds of genres, some please me some times, other please me other times. There is not one perfect genre and you are a fool if you just stick to one. You are limiting yourself. You only have bad taste in music if you are ignorant.

I listen to some mainstream music.....though they are mostly mainstream music from other countries;though people here have no idea who they are anyways....(only 1 person in my class knew who Muse was...)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose