Thread: Ivy Bridge

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ivy Bridge

Been seeing alot of newsarticles on the web that say Intel is delaying mass-distribution of Ivy Bridge till June and that end of April is mostly paper-release with a small batch available here-and-there. However I cannot find any pressrelease from Intel themselves.

Just a rumor that has spread or does it hold any truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourgebob View Post
    Been seeing alot of newsarticles on the web that say Intel is delaying mass-distribution of Ivy Bridge till June and that end of April is mostly paper-release with a small batch available here-and-there. However I cannot find any pressrelease from Intel themselves.

Just a rumor that has spread or does it hold any truth?
    You aren't going to find a press release from Intel as Intel never officially said April was thee release date. The highly rumored release date was April 8th or 9th from some companies over in Taiwan and little leaks, but a few weeks ago it was said they the mobile socs were going to be pushed back with limited release. Now if this effects the desktop processors is still the question.

Look out for April 8th to find out more would be my advice.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/46...70k/index.html

Here is a little preview.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

The latest rumors say April 29 for the first desktop CPUs and June for the first mobile CPUs.

If desktop CPUs get pushed back again (into May), I may end up having to order a 2500K, I dunno if I can go another month+ without a gaming PC, I'm already sick of my 13" Mac Book Pro screen and it's only been my primary computer for a week.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-27 at 02:59 PM.

We're going to be able to put a 2500K into a Z77 board, right? It's the same socket. If IB gets pushed back into May I'm getting a 2500K.

I'm not sure about that Butler, Z77 is listed as an "Ivy Bridge" chipset on the 1155 Wikipedia page, not sure if that means it is only IB compatible or not.

OT: After doing some searching, there are articles coming out that still say April 8, and others that say April 29, I guess we'll just have to wait for April 8 and see.

Here's an article from a fairly reputable source (TechPowerUp) that says motherboards will become available April 8 (as planned), but desktop CPUs have been pushed back to the 29th (unconfirmed whether they will be purchasable on the 29th).

I wish ASRock would post prices on their motherboards, I'm still undecided on whether I want the Pro4 or Extreme4 (apparently there won't be an Extreme3 version)...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-27 at 03:07 PM.

My god these cpu's better come soon ><

4 year old laptop FTL.

OT: The setup I'm looking at is very similar to yours, Nerd! Apart from the case, will probably get something else. Is the H100 easy to install into yours?

Yes, Fractal Design designed the Arc Midi specifically for mounting 240mm rads in the top, TTL talks about it at length in his review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vaB_QnENLc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Here's an article from a fairly reputable source (TechPowerUp) that says motherboards will become available April 8 (as planned), but desktop CPUs have been pushed back to the 29th (unconfirmed whether they will be purchasable on the 29th).
    Love that their source is Sweclockers.com <3

Since a store slipped and started listing IVB-CPUs I'm hoping that's a sign that they will actually be purchasable and in stock on release-day. Wishful thinking but I'm sticking to it.

As soon as it comes out I'll order a 3770K, that's for sure. Though I don't need one I just.. want one! I want to play the batch-lottery again and see if I get a decent overclocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I want to play the batch-lottery again and see if I get a decent overclocker!
    Knowing my luck, I'll get an i5 that I can push a few hundred MHz and that's it... My i7 950 wouldn't overclock at all... =(

I wish ASRock would post prices on their motherboards, I'm still undecided on whether I want the Pro4 or Extreme4 (apparently there won't be an Extreme3 version)...
    This page has them listed at around €130/100 GBP at stores across Europe, now I don't know how reliable this will be, but if over 100 sites have them listed at that price, chances are it is going to be that price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    We're going to be able to put a 2500K into a Z77 board, right? It's the same socket. If IB gets pushed back into May I'm getting a 2500K.
    ASUS Z77 Sabertooth:
    Intel® Socket 1155 for 3rd/2nd Generation Processors
    Supports Intel® 22 nm CPU
    Supports Intel® 32 nm CPU
    Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2
    * The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.

So yes you can put a 2nd gen 1155 cpu on it.

Lots of stores have prices up for Z77 mobos over here, ranging from 123 to 214 euro(164 to 285 USD/102 to 178 GBP)

Deleted
    kinda hoping for an early april release at this point. Ordered a bunch of parts for the build yday as I want to get started on painting the case etc, but I also jumped the gun and got a reference 680 while it was still in stock. Have also lined up someone to buy my old comp around the 9th or so, and wouldn't want to back out and make them wait another few weeks ^^

If it's a 29th release or there abouts, and EVGA are anywhere near releasing their Dual fan SC model of the 680, imma go crazy ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Resinderate View Post
    If it's a 29th release or there abouts, and EVGA are anywhere near releasing their Dual fan SC model of the 680, imma go crazy ^^
    Same, I bought the reference 680 specifically because I was under the impression that IB was coming on the 8th, if someone announces an aftermarket cooled card before the 29, I may very well RMA the reference card, I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

Deleted
    Same, I bought the reference 680 specifically because I was under the impression that IB was coming on the 8th, if someone announces an aftermarket cooled card before the 29, I may very well RMA the reference card, I haven't taken it out of the box yet.
    Havn't had a whole lot of dealing with returning stuff online etc, but how do companies generally stand on taking back stuff if it isn't broken/as described etc etc? (Especially if it unopened)

Quote Originally Posted by Resinderate View Post
    Havn't had a whole lot of dealing with returning stuff online etc, but how do companies generally stand on taking back stuff if it isn't broken/as described etc etc? (Especially if it unopened)
    I just tell them I ordered the wrong thing lol, did that with a power supply once, they didn't mind because it was unopened.

Deleted
    I just tell them I ordered the wrong thing lol, did that with a power supply once, they didn't mind because it was unopened.
    Lol awesome, will have to try it if it comes down to that.

If anyone would have the new cards in stock it would likely be them anyway, so can't see them be too fussy about it ^^

Edit: A picture of the beast I would rather have;

Edit prt2: Yeah had another spur of the moment change of mind xD, the order I placed for the majority of my new build's part (minus the z77 and cpu) was due to ship tomoro because of a few items coming into stock so I e-mailed them and told them to take the card off the order

Dont care if they might have a chance of going out of stock in a worst case scenario, but if it means I may be closer to getting that bad boy that it's worth it ^^
    Last edited by mmoc77d56b5ad8; 2012-03-28 at 03:04 PM.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25294...es_leaked.html

Probably the most reputable source with release date info I've found thus far, article came out 2 days ago, says April 29.

I wanted Ivy Bad. I have been waiting for it ever since bulldozer made me sad in my pants.

BUT I have recently decided that I am just going to go with a 3930k and an ASUS X79 Pro. Around my neck of the woods It works out $400 MORE BUT I know that it is the best I could possible have for a long time. Plus the prospect of actually being able to render a movie in my lifetime makes me happy.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    Plus the prospect of actually being able to render a movie in my lifetime makes me happy.
    Um.

I render movies on my i5-2500K.... you don't NEED an Intel Extreme CPU to do it, it will just do it faster, so I hope you have some serious (and I mean heavy duty) video rendering to do to warrant that buy.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Um.

I render movies on my i5-2500K.... you don't NEED an Intel Extreme CPU to do it, it will just do it faster, so I hope you have some serious (and I mean heavy duty) video rendering to do to warrant that buy.
    I Do do a lot of rendering.

However; just as we are talking My local shop (today it seems) dropped the price of the 2600k to $300AUD meaning I could have a CPU, mobo and new cooler for the same price as a 3930k! AH DECISIONS!
    http://www.computeralliance.com.au/p...?qryPart=12344

DECISIONS MAKE MY THINKERBOX HURT

But This Chart....
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Produ...60.61.62.63.64

(I currently have i5750)
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2012-04-02 at 08:13 AM.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4