Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Intro to Pandaria Level 85 Quest, Alliance

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I thought I would share.

This is the Alliance intro to Pandaria at level 85. I couldn't find a Horde equivalent.

It's obviously not fully complete.

I personally don't like it at all.
    It reminds me of the cheap cutscene of Twilight Highlands, when Blizzard decided they had no time to implement the real intro.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2012-03-27 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also like how blizzard keeps letting NPC's call you a rookie and other newbie names after your the Savior of Azeroth, Dragonslayer, Bane of the Fallen King, Light of Dawn, etc etc.. but nope your just some noob.

Hope they will add some voices.

Deleted
    Upon seeing the start of the video I almost thought it was some badly made machinima until I saw the rest! I understand why Blizzard want to include you (your character) in the cutscene, but with the current engine it simply looks so outdated. I would probably be happier with a really nicely made pre-rendered cutscene (like in the Worgen starting area, for example). Still, it's early days yet, plenty of time for things to change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I hope that's only a placeholder, cuz that's damn dissapointed, this time, the Alliance deserves the cool intro, like the Horde got to Twilight Highlands. Then the Horde can "get the rest".
    Besides, when are the Alliance suddenly using "flight" as a transportation? The Horde have the Zeppelins, The Alliance have the Boats.

Deleted
    I'd like to think it's a placeholder (the Worgen cinematics didn't get added till the last minute) but after the rushed bollocks that was the cancelled Alliance introduction to the Twilight Highlands I'm going to be cynical and not hold my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like it, I hope they're going to improve it. I mean a lot

I think it actually looks quite promising. I also like how they're apparently improving on their dialog UI during cutscenes (yes it looks horrible right now, but at least they're doing something)!

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    I hope that's only a placeholder, cuz that's damn dissapointed, this time, the Alliance deserves the cool intro, like the Horde got to Twilight Highlands. Then the Horde can "get the rest".
    Besides, when are the Alliance suddenly using "flight" as a transportation? The Horde have the Zeppelins, The Alliance have the Boats.
    It was said in the cutscene. Getting their navy forces there would take a month. He wanted action now.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    I also like how blizzard keeps letting NPC's call you a rookie and other newbie names after your the Savior of Azeroth, Dragonslayer, Bane of the Fallen King, Light of Dawn, etc etc.. but nope your just some noob.
    Yeh, never liked that ...

I've defeated monsters, healed wounds and defended the Alliance for over 7 years battling some of the most horrific creatures & enemies of our planet, and you call ME a Rookie!

10+ Year Old Account
    looks cool im stoked to find out wtf is that relic or w/e it is...could sue some cut scenes and voice acting but i enjoyed watching that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    It was said in the cutscene. Getting their navy forces there would take a month. He wanted action now.
    Understandable from a story perspective, disappointing from a gameplay perspective.

Step on a plane, drop out and 'voila!'. You're there.

it feels so forced, just like everything to do with varian and garrosh and all the drama between the factions.

Deleted
    Its ok, better than being told to go and get a boat somewhere to be honest

Is Pandaria open on beta now...?

The idea is really, really cool, but the sloppy animations and lack of voices does make it quite anticlimactic.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Is Pandaria open on beta now...?
    Just jade forest and the beginning dungeons are very buggy.

I'm actually surprised it was as long as it was. Blizzard stated at BlizzCon that they wanted the intro quests to be relatively short so people could quickly get into the action.

Really the only similarity to the Alliance Twilight Highlands intro is that in both instances you travel by plane. The only reason this was a problem in the Twilight Highlands is that the Horde had an elaborate invasion sequence complete with lots of spoken dialogue instead of just hopping on a plane to the Highlands. While I haven't seen it yet, I find it extremely unlikely the Horde intro deviates too much from the Alliance formula as Blizzard learned their lesson about faction favoritism.

Anyways, so far looks good. I do like how they finally had Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth do something. She's been sitting in Stormwind Keep since launch, and has yet to do anything at all despite being the presumed commander of the Alliance fleets. The intro itself looks like it reasonably sets up what the new continent is all about (as in neither the Alliance nor Horde has any idea), and will be even better once the spoken dialogue gets in.

I did note that the loading screen indicates Pandaria is west of Kalimdor rather then in the South Seas. I prefer it there since it explains why it wasn't affected by the Sundering, and why no one has ever noticed a massive, perpetually mist-shrouded region in one of the most well-traveled seas on Azeroth.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

What? Whats up with everybody saying they didn't like it? I Thought it was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    looks cool im stoked to find out wtf is that relic or w/e it is...could sue some cut scenes and voice acting but i enjoyed watching that!
    I'm pretty sure it said in chat on the left as the planes are flying "Our priority is to evacuate the White Pawn, Prince Anduin Wrynn."