Silent Hill HD or RE: ORC?

Which game should I get? I loved Silent Hill back in the day, but also loved RE.

I'm a HUGE RE fan but I hear and have read that ORC is terrible =(

Didnt play Silent Hill HD, but loving RE is absolutely no reason to buy ORC, rather the opposite. It is an extremely shitty game and you should defo not spend a single dollar on it.

Deleted
    I have seen some pics and so on from the Silent Hill "HD" Collection and I have to say it look pretty shit. Some of the stuff in it looks better on the older version. Care to search for the pics that compare the "HD" and the old versions but some of them are horrible, really.

Have played the old Silent Hills and I wont destroy the epic serie with the HD collection.

Silent Hill HD is terrible. Everything I loved about SH died with HD. I'd rather stick to the original games.

10+ Year Old Account
    ORC is terrible, just youtube it and you'll see it by yourself. SH HD Collection rox.

I'd say Silent Hill in a heartbeat, but there have been so many complaints about the HD collection I'm not sure it's worth it. Apparently the PS3 version is buggy to the point of being broken, and some of the music/ambiance has been messed with and not for the better.

Haven't heard good things about ORC either though so...how about SH Downpour?

Silent Hill > Resident Evil any day of the week, but the HD remakes just killed it. Skip them IMO.

ORC is a disaster, don't waste time and money on it. SH HD collection you should ONLY BUY if you don't have a PS2 and the original games.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklamb View Post
    Haven't heard good things about ORC either though so...how about SH Downpour?
    Downpour is definitely good, combat is bit of a downgrade from Homecoming but i guess thats what people wanted. Choices, symbolism, endings, its all there.

Yeah, I don't find problems with Downpour's combat system.

10+ Year Old Account
    HD is bad and Downpour is good? Really?

When you first play SH HD you're something like . When you try to move your character you're . When you see how "HD" it is you're . Story's all there but it's not the huge change Halo Anniversary had with the graphics. Note that there's an option to use new voices. Also SH HD has 2 games. But the controlls... they're frustratingly bad.

RE: ORC is a bit repetitive BUT you have co-op and the skill system which adds a bit. Zombies aren't particularly hard and it's kinda like L4D but without the challenge. Melee system is great compared to all the other RE titles and tbh it should be a standard in any FPS. Punching a zombie silly, grabbing him as a shield, or prepping an instant kill for a soldier feels good. Weapons are actually realistic, the hit detection is not. That's unfortunately a big problem since you can unload tons of bullets in a single creep and in the next just 2 shot him.

Overall it's a choice between poor graphics and bad controls or bad story and glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    HD is bad and Downpour is good? Really?
    Well, not like that. I only stated Downpour's combat system being 'good' as any other SH title but Homecoming.
    HD is not 'terrible' per say, but I dislike the idea of making a Silent Hill game more friendly just because they want more sells. The blood, the darkness, the rusty scenarios and the fog... all gone (or most of it). And that for me, is a deal breaker. I loved how Silent Hill was different from other games at the time. Sadly, HD is a PG-13 game, while SH2 is M.

Google for Lone Survivor (can't post link, sorry)
    It's indie, it's cheap and it's also got that silent hill vibe that you're hoping to find! Oh and you have a demo so you can judge for yourself

No idea about SH HD (didnt play it or so) but for RE: ORC http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Racoon-City.
    As for Gunslinger, "Melee system is great compared to all the other RE titles and tbh it should be a standard in any FPS." I seen better and RE: Code V knife was amazing. "Weapons are actually realistic, the hit detection is not." You mean against other players or in Campaign?

10+ Year Old Account
    The blood, the darkness, the rusty scenarios and the fog... all gone (or most of it). And that for me, is a deal breaker.
    I know what you mean. I "solved" changing the TV configs, but it doesn't look as evil as the older version. On the other hand, it has way more details, which I liked. I would buy SH HD over SH8, but I understand your opinion. Sorry for the sarcasm before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I know what you mean. I "solved" changing the TV configs, but it doesn't look as evil as the older version. On the other hand, it has way more details, which I liked. I would buy SH HD over SH8, but I understand your opinion. Sorry for the sarcasm before.
    No offense taken
    Graphically looks great, it just makes me sad about the changes they made (IMO) a great horror game into a prettier thing.