Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    GW2 looting system is way better. Boss dies, everyone rolls against the computer, you win profit, you lose...blame yourself for the croddy roll.

I'm still amazed by the fact that people can still bitch about the new system because they want increased chance of winning loot when carried by a geared raid (by forcing them to pass). Taking away trading capability will make carrying happening less frequently since raiders will not be helping their guildies to gear through LFR, unless it's a full premade. Have fun with dealing with people near your skill and gear level

Quote Originally Posted by Edeta View Post
    The loot rules would be even more perfect if you could choose (for example before raid) for what spec you want gear Cause when you are for example a healer, and want to gather gear for your dps spec, but you have exacly none dpsing gear right now - the game could let you choose that you want to heal and get dps gear only It wont affect any other players, wont take THEIR dps gear, so why not? Ofc the rule would be that you can choose only gear for 1 spec per raid
    This is my main concern as well. I'm main spec heals, and off spec dps for questing and dailies and all that. I'm not raiding at the moment, but in the past it has always been nice to be able to keep my offspec fairly well geared so I can switch to dps for certain fights and not feel like I'm just a warm body and can actually contribute some decent dps. With them taking away valor gear and us only getting our main spec gear from LFR/world bosses it's going to be much more difficult to gear up that offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    This is my main concern as well. I'm main spec heals, and off spec dps for questing and dailies and all that. I'm not raiding at the moment, but in the past it has always been nice to be able to keep my offspec fairly well geared so I can switch to dps for certain fights and not feel like I'm just a warm body and can actually contribute some decent dps. With them taking away valor gear and us only getting our main spec gear from LFR/world bosses it's going to be much more difficult to gear up that offspec.
    Agree completely. If you could somehow choose the spec to gear for before the raid this would alleviate the only concerns I have with the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    just fyi all mmos copy each other most of the stuff is the same for all mmos blizzard would be stupid not to do this.
    well, i'm not sure about you dear sir, but it appears in this case that it is indeed stupid that blizzard is copying stuff that works in one MMO but will never work due to the limitations of World of Warcraft. just be serious for 5 minutes and tell me with a dead serious post that World of Warcraft can still compete with all the next generation MMO's coming up. Just plain numbers on subs doesn't prove anything, this would technicly mean that Justin Bieber > Queen.

as said many times before, Blizzard needs to be innovative again, reinvent what made them succesfull in the first place. If you would need an example of the Boston Groups Cash Cow from their BCG model, World of Warcraft would be the perfect example.