Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    So how do you "win" loot?Is it something like "A roll of 75+ counts as a win" type of thing?
    yeah, that's probably close to it. we're not sure the threshold, but it won't matter: that roll is invisible to the player anyway, it would seem.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And there I see a problem.

Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.
    Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.
    You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.

Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    You just want to be a personal charm of extra loot for others. That would lead to exploits and bad behavior as it happens today with ppl needing to trade/sell.

The rogues who got gold, got it for helping the boss and ease their repairs. When you don't get a drop from the boss it's like you're a DK and the boss dropped spelldps cloth.

Nothing else, ppl are just trying to do some gain over things that never existed in the 1st place just because the new system could allow it to happen now. "oh, now I always have a shot at a drop for each boss and not ninja others? WHY CAN'T I SELL MY ROLLS?!?!? THIS SYSTEM SUCKS HARD!", the way you guys want it to be, every single DK DPS would be a valuable source of plate dps drop to exploit the system to gear other plate dpsers with a good 50% chance for each boss. Remember, there is no chance of dropping 4 spellcaster cloth drops that only half (or lower) the raid could roll on it. You're basically guaranted a stupid high chance of dropping every kind of loot from each boss, all kinds of plate, leather, mail, cloth and weapons since there will be 25 players + charms.

They would be really lame to allow players to exploit that kind of loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I really don't like what they're doing with Valor. Just an iLvl upgrade? Pretty stupid, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    So let me get this straight.When a piece of gear drops now in the LFR the usefulness of that piece can range between 1-9 players given any number of variables. Drama only ensues when drama queens with purple fever start pissing and moaning, which usually is 1-2 people every other LFR group I am in. A very small group of losers.Now, instead of rolling on gear between 1-9 people, you will have to roll on gear between 24 people automatically for every chance?That is such a dumb system of loot.Glad Blizzard listened to drama loot whores.
    No, you will roll against one other. You roll against the system, if you get more than x number,. you get loot, independent of what other people roll.

They said your roll will be independent of the rest of the raid.

Thta's why they say people might still get mad but they will be mad at probability and not the rest of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    I don't know why they can't just use the same system as the holiday events. Item drops, system checks your inventory including bags and bank, if you have the item you can't roll. Simple. In the case of tier pieces it can do a 1/2/3 check and even assign priority. If you have zero, you get it. If you have 1 set piece of that type you lose 20 pts on your roll, 2 set pieces of that type you lose 50 pts, 3 set pieces of that type you can't roll. Class specific.
    You're getting really complicated there - the worst outcome with the system GC is proposing above is you get a piece of loot you all ready have, and you vendor or shard it.

Also, again, you're ont rolling for Loot - you just roll for the chance at loot. What you get is a separate roll.
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    In my opinion the valor changes are bad for 2 reasons:

1) it's another attempt to force more and more casual/solo players into raiding by providing fewer opportunities to earn gear outside of the raid environment - GC says so much in the article - and the fact there will be some epics from the Elders faction available doesn't minimize the issue because those will only be useful in the 1st tier of MoP (they have never upgraded the fraction loot during the course of an expansion).

2) the fact that valor points will allow you to upgrade your gear by up to 8 ilvls (see article) means, quite contrary to their brief flirtation with item squishing, that the difference in the ilvls of the tiers will have to be that much greater to compensate. So not only are they not squishing they are actually increasing the inflation rate of gear stats...just amazing that could do such a 180 degree turn on this subject and make the situation worse and the ultimate item squish they will have to do seem that much worse by comparison.
    1. No, they never have gone back and added Hyjal Rep items higher than 359. But they did add a new rep system ( MF) that gave new epic items and craftable epics, and they added quests (thralls love story) and also the new dungeon quests that added higher ilevel epics. This will definitely continue in MoP because they are well aware one of the biggest complaints about cata was the lack of things to do in the outside world. They will probably be adding reputations with each patch that will grant higher ilvl gear, probably more frequently than cata.

2. It really is the same. Instead of using valor to upgrade 6 items a full tier, you will use valor to upgrade all your items slightly below a full gear. Your total ilvl increase will be probably about the same, but you won´t have to worry about enchanting, gemming or morging your gear constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkice View Post
    This new system is just as terrible as the last. The LFR way wasn't perfect by any means, but the biggest problems were that some people needed on items they didn't need, and the tables were broken seeing as how Ret Paladins could win holy gear etc. This new way does not solve either of those problems. Now instead of having a 1/7 or 1/8 chance of winning your piece of loot, you have a 1/25 for every single drop. And oh, Good Guy Timmy the full Heroic warrior decided to run his LFR today, he wins 5 pieces because he's a lucky guy! Too bad he can't trade you the items he doesn't need but has been assigned with no way to pass. Why would you not enable a pass loot option. If someone is nice enough to say, I don't want this loot because I'm not a jerk, LET THEM PASS ON IT.
    I think you need to reread the entire system of LFR loot in MoP. Im not sure if there is an easy reader version with big letters and simple words though, because your reading comprehension needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    1. He said specifically that they did not want looting to be ´more efficient´ for players. You get duplicates, you get duplicates. End of story. This change was NOT made to allow you to get items at a faster rate.. it was added to take the social drama away from LFR. End of story
    So they fix one problem by letting it be same, but making making an auto-roll instead of letting ppl roll need, if they already have it anyhow. That's just lol.

Thumbs down i cant beleave the will use that :(

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    So how do you "win" loot?Is it something like "A roll of 75+ counts as a win" type of thing?
    thats loot system is verry bad they use it in swtor for reguliar raid and most of time the player who get the loot already have it or will not use it players get verry piss whit that loot system i just dont know why the whant to use that just make no sence for me

So...GC said no offspec. Do we interpret that to mean there won't be tier tokens (similar to say...BH and VoA bosses)? Since...you can cash a token in for whatever spec you want.

Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    So they fix one problem by letting it be same, but making making an auto-roll instead of letting ppl roll need, if they already have it anyhow. That's just lol.
    But everyone has the same autoroll each time. If I get loot doesn't relate to if you get loot. With the current system, more people rolling on something, less chance you have of getting it. Now it's independent of that - everyone rolls and everyone has the chance for something.

There is no loot system for LFR that will make people happy other than 'every time you kill a boss, you get loot, and its a piece you don't already have, unless you say you want transmog gear when you zone in to the instance and you can pass it to friends if you want to.'.I can only wonder why blizzard doesn't want to use that loot system.

Deleted
    I just hope they find a way to incorporate the need for OS item rolls, or I will be attending LFR in my OS without any gear to be useful in that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    I haven't heard it mentioned...but...if there's a chance more items drop...then wouldn't that mean theres a chance nothing drops if nobody wins a roll? RNG is RNG after all.
    Except that they alread mentioned something about never letting the entire raid leave with 0 drops. Plus, you'll always get gold. Ppl need to forget what is happening with others around him. If you don't get a drop, it's like you're a hunter and the boss dropped a paladin and dk tier token + 2 spellcaster cloth.

But the same way it will be really hard to get a full 25 item drop from a single boss, it will be equaly hard to get a 0 item.

I'm tired of doing LFR and not getting a single item from all the 8 bosses. Not winning a roll and the boss not even dropping my class/spec gear, doesn't matter... it will be the same now, I just don't have to care about what happened to the other 24 players, only what I can get beating the game roll. If I leave the raid with 0 drops, it will be the same thing as today when I get 0 drops.

Except my chances will be way higher in MoP and I'll even get extra gold.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2012-03-27 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    WOW! That new system sounds amazing to me!

I would like it so that I can give my loot to guildie or friend if I allready have the loot or dont need it, also I dont like the new valor system... it sounds stupid. I see their point with it though I dont like it. 'cant they just use the valor for trinkets, idols/relic, offhand, back and neck as the same ilvl as LFR or middle of that and normal and then you have to get everything else at all the other raids and then has it like now with ilvl PvE ? also put the PvP ilvl lower than PvE ilvl.Other than that I am fearly pleased

Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    The way the current system works...you roll...I roll...high roll wins.

The new system...winning roll requires, for sake of arguement...75. You roll...I roll...we both roll higher than 75...we both win. One of us rolls higher than 75...that person wins. Neither of us rolls higher than 75...neither of us wins.
    Your roll, and chance of winning, has nothing to do with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    But everyone has the same autoroll each time. If I get loot doesn't relate to if you get loot. With the current system, more people rolling on something, less chance you have of getting it. Now it's independent of that - everyone rolls and everyone has the chance for something.
    The system is fine, but Blizz should do two things:

A) Add a button "I don't want something for free although it doesn't affect anyone else." That's for the people who want to pass. Oddly enough, this button exists already on the Need/Greed box and nobody uses it there either, maybe because you -can- ruin people's days there.

B) They should remind everyone: Loot is supposed to be random and having one item from a boss should not guarantee you the other next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people are quoting parts of this, and asking questions that are answered later on in the post.

I will say i am looking forward to the new loot system and see it in progress.
    Last edited by acinos; 2012-03-27 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Rift says hello
    And bye, lol.